Sign in to follow this  
singh1986

Aum Manter in Sikhi?

Does Aum/Om manter have any relevance in Sikhi? I have recently been drawn to listening to it play in the background as I'm working... just a simple human voice. I cant seem to find anything Sikhi related with just a voice with very little sound effects, music or instruments?

I have noticed in some Hindu Households they are playing various Manters at low frequency. Do we have any Audios out there of a similar ilk?

Example - 

I'm pretty sure in dasam bani it says Om is the primal manifestation of Waheguru. 

1 minute ago, puzzled said:

I'm pretty sure in dasam bani it says Om is the primal manifestation of Waheguru. 

I read somewhere it was the sound of Creation. The unstruck melody.

11 minutes ago, puzzled said:

In dasam granth, it says that Waheguru first said oankaar and not om or omkaar.

14 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

I read somewhere it was the sound of Creation. The unstruck melody.

Yh that's what I read   it's a vibration from the centre 

10 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

In dasam granth, it says that Waheguru first said oankaar and not om or omkaar.

Jaap sahib says om is a manifestation of waheguru    

8 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yh that's what I read   it's a vibration from the centre 

The "day" referred to in Christian scripture isn't a literally day of 24 hours, but a Cosmic Day or a Day of Brahma, which consists of millions of years. That's why Christians get triggered when they try to cram in the story of Creation into 6 human days. The subsequent aversion for evolution stems from this fundamental miscounting of Creation. Those Cosmic Days allowed the cycle of Churasi Lakh to work itself out over the course of hundreds and millions of years. Imagine how relatively primitive those of us who are currently incarnating in human form and making mistakes and generally falling victim to all sorts of frailties. Then imagine the calibre of soul that was the first to incarnate in the human race. No wonder it was Satyuga back then. The scum that passes for human these days were probably dogs and demons as recently as 10 lifetimes ago, lol.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

The "day" referred to in Christian scripture isn't a literally day of 24 hours, but a Cosmic Day or a Day of Brahma, which consists of millions of years. That's why Christians get triggered when they try to cram in the story of Creation into 6 human days. The subsequent aversion for evolution stems from this fundamental miscounting of Creation. Those Cosmic Days allowed the cycle of Churasi Lakh to work itself out over the course of hundreds and millions of years. Imagine how relatively primitive those of us who are currently incarnating in human form and making mistakes and generally falling victim to all sorts of frailties. Then imagine the calibre of soul that was the first to incarnate in the human race. No wonder it was Satyuga back then. The scum that passes for human these days were probably dogs and demons as recently as 10 lifetimes ago, lol.

Yh  thats interesting  i'v often wondered why they see it as 24 hours and not a longer period. Back in school our RE teacher used to say how do we know that 1 day means 24 hours and not 1000yrs   because i think 1 day on earth is very different to lets say 1 day on another planet. but the muslim/christian kids just rubbished what she used to say. 

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

u r quoting English translation. in jaap sahib guru Sahib says 'oan aad rupe'.

at the starting of chaubis avatar guru Sahib says 'prithme oankaar tin kaha'.

read this

https://www.sikhitothemax.org/ang?source=D&ang=158

yh i just read that part of jaap sahib at yh it says ੳਅੰ ਅਾਦਿ ਰੂਪੇ

not sure why they translate it as Om          ੳਅੰ   the sound of creation/creative energy 

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

and god says "be" and it was    

but wht do you think of creation of first man adam   vs  darwin ape man? 

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

yh i just read that part of jaap sahib at yh it says ੳਅੰ ਅਾਦਿ ਰੂਪੇ

not sure why they translate it as Om          ੳਅੰ   the sound of creation/creative energy 

possibly influence of Hinduism and lack of understanding.

https://www.sikhitothemax.org/shabad?id=3750&q=AnD&type=0&source=G&highlight=44095

another Shabad about creation

21 minutes ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

possibly influence of Hinduism and lack of understanding.

https://www.sikhitothemax.org/shabad?id=3750&q=AnD&type=0&source=G&highlight=44095

another Shabad about creation

I read from sundar gutka app on my phone and even  there its translated as OM    

2 hours ago, puzzled said:

but wht do you think of creation of first man adam   vs  darwin ape man? 

Perhaps two events millions of years apart?