Talking to him

On 6/9/2020 at 6:59 AM, Guruguruji said:

I've been trying to sit and meditate but I really struggle my mind just blasts and thinks about everything thats happened in the past and worries about the future. I've been trying to focus on waheguru but then again my anxiety kicks in and I become inpatient and wonder why my ardas hasn't been answered.

.... I guess these are Kulyug's ways of trying to stop me from doing the right thing. 

Have u heard of the law of attraction? Being filled with anxiety, anger, and disappointment just brings more negativity. 

You do need to let go and relax. But the more you try to force being relaxed the harder it is. But at least you know what works. You said going into nature helps you. So try to do that as much as possible. Also try sukhmani sahib. If done with concentration on the meanings, by the end of the whole paath you will feel much better. At first mind is chanchal and restless but by the end it is shaant in peace. 

Also try not to worry about the past

Sant maskeen singh in his katha said that the past, what has happened is hukam. We need to accept it. When anger comes just be like what has happened is done. Think of the future. And i can make the future better because I have Satguru ji on my side. 

2 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜੋਗ ਸਬਦਿ ਆਤਮੁ ਚੀਨੈ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਏਕੁ ਮੁਰਾਰੀ ॥੧੭॥
(ਹੇ ਅਉਧੂ!) ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸਨਮੁਖ ਰਹਿਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਜੁੜਨ ਦੇ ਜੋਗ (-ਸਾਧਨ) ਦੀ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਆਪਣੇ ਆਤਮਕ ਜੀਵਨ ਨੂੰ ਪਰਖਦਾ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਇਕ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ (ਦੀ ਯਾਦ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰੀਤ) ਨੂੰ ਵਸਾਈ ਰੱਖਦਾ ਹੈ ।੧੭।
Yoga of the Gurmukh is to understand the soul through the Shabad(Gurbani), and the Gurmukh enshrines within his heart the One Lord. ||17||

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI - 908 
RAAG RAAMKALEE GURU NANAK DEV JI

Yoga is excellent for health, it is a science. It is one of the most severely underrated exercises and is good for a humans mental and physical health. I’m not saying use it for enlightenment or the like, it’s good for excercise and helps with anxiety, phobias, ptsd and other mental disorders.

12 hours ago, Sat1 said:

Yoga is excellent for health, it is a science. It is one of the most severely underrated exercises and is good for a humans mental and physical health. I’m not saying use it for enlightenment or the like, it’s good for excercise and helps with anxiety, phobias, ptsd and other mental disorders.

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਃ ੫ ॥
Gauree, Fifth Mehla:

ਕਵਨ ਰੂਪੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਆਰਾਧਉ ॥
(ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ! ਜਗਤ ਦੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਜੀਵ ਤੇਰਾ ਹੀ ਰੂਪ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਤੇਰਾ ਕੋਈ ਭੀ ਖ਼ਾਸ ਰੂਪ ਨਹੀਂ । ਮੈਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਕਿ) ਤੇਰਾ ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਮੈਂ ਧਿਆਨ ਧਰਾਂ ।
What form of Yours should I worship and adore?

ਕਵਨ ਜੋਗ ਕਾਇਆ ਲੇ ਸਾਧਉ ॥੧॥
(ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ! ਮੈਨੂੰ ਸਮਝ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਿ) ਜੋਗ ਦਾ ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਸਾਧਨ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਮੈਂ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਰੀਰ ਨੂੰ ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਲਿਆਵਾਂ (ਤੇ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਕਰਾਂ । ਜੋਗ-ਸਾਧਨਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ) ।੧।
What Yoga should I practice to control my body? ||1||

ਕਵਨ ਗੁਨੁ ਜੋ ਤੁਝੁ ਲੈ ਗਾਵਉ ॥
ਹੇ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ! (ਤੇਰੇ ਬੇਅੰਤ ਗੁਣ ਹਨ, ਮੈਨੂੰ ਸਮਝ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਉਂਦੀ ਕਿ) ਮੈਂ ਤੇਰਾ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਗੁਣ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਤੇਰੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਕਰਾਂ
What is that virtue, by which I may sing of You?

ਕਵਨ ਬੋਲ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਰੀਝਾਵਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਤੇ ਕੇਹੜੇ ਬੋਲ ਬੋਲ ਕੇ ਮੈਂ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਕਰਾਂ ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।
What is that speech, by which I may please the Supreme Lord God? ||1||Pause||

ਕਵਨ ਸੁ ਪੂਜਾ ਤੇਰੀ ਕਰਉ ॥
ਹੇ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ! ਮੈਂ ਤੇਰੀ ਕੇਹੜੀ ਪੂਜਾ ਕਰਾਂ (ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਤੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਹੋ ਸਕੇਂ) ?
What worship service shall I perform for You?

ਕਵਨ ਸੁ ਬਿਧਿ ਜਿਤੁ ਭਵਜਲ ਤਰਉ ॥੨॥
ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ! ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਤਰੀਕਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਦੀ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਮੈਂ ਸੰਸਾਰ-ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਤੋਂ ਪਾਰ ਲੰਘ ਜਾਵਾਂ ? ।੨।
How can I cross over the terrifying world-ocean? ||2||

ਕਵਨ ਤਪੁ ਜਿਤੁ ਤਪੀਆ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਤਪ-ਸਾਧਨ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਮਨੁੱਖ (ਕਾਮਯਾਬ) ਤਪਸ੍ਵੀ ਅਖਵਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ (ਤੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਖ਼ੁਸ਼ ਕਰ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ) ? 
What is that penance, by which I may become a penitent?

ਕਵਨੁ ਸੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਉਮੈ ਮਲੁ ਖੋਇ ॥੩॥
ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਨਾਮ ਹੈ (ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਜਾਪ ਕਰ ਕੇ) (ਮਨੁੱਖ ਆਪਣੇ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ) ਹਉਮੈ ਦੀ ਮੈਲ ਦੂਰ ਕਰ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ? ।੩।
What is that Name, by which the filth of egotism may be washed away? ||3||

ਗੁਣ ਪੂਜਾ ਗਿਆਨ ਧਿਆਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਗਲ ਘਾਲ ॥
ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ ! (ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨਿਰੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਉੱਦਮ ਦੇ ਆਸਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰ ਸਕਦਾ । ਉਸੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੇ ਗਾਏ ਹੋਏ) ਗੁਣ (ਕੀਤੀ ਹੋਈ) ਪੂਜਾ, ਗਿਆਨ ਤੇ (ਜੋੜੀ ਹੋਈ) ਸੁਰਤਿ ਆਦਿਕ ਦੀ ਸਾਰੀ ਮਿਹਨਤ (ਸਫਲ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ)
Virtue, worship, spiritual wisdom, meditation and all service, O Nanak,

ਜਿਸੁ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਦਇਆਲ ॥੪॥
ਜਿਸ ਉਤੇ ਦਿਆਲ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ ।੪।
are obtained from the True Guru, when, in His Mercy and Kindness, He meets us. ||4||

ਤਿਸ ਹੀ ਗੁਨੁ ਤਿਨ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਜਾਤਾ ॥
ਉਸੇ ਦੀ ਹੀ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੋਈ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ (ਪਰਵਾਨ ਹੈ) ਉਸੇ ਨੇ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨਾਲ ਜਾਣ-ਪਛਾਣ ਪਾਈ ਹੈ 
They alone receive this merit, and they alone know God,

ਜਿਸ ਕੀ ਮਾਨਿ ਲੇਇ ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ਦੂਜਾ ॥੩੬॥੧੦੫॥
(ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਹੈ ਤੇ) ਜਿਸ ਦੀ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਸਾਰੇ ਸੁਖ ਦੇਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਮੰਨ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ ਦੂਜਾ।੩੬।੧੦੫।
who are approved by the Giver of peace. ||1||Second Pause||36||105||

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI - 187 
RAAG GAUREE GURU ARJAN DEV JI

ਪਾਠੁ ਪੜਿਓ ਅਰੁ ਬੇਦੁ ਬੀਚਾਰਿਓ ਨਿਵਲਿ ਭੁਅੰਗਮ ਸਾਧੇ ॥
ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਕੋਈ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਵੇਦ (ਆਦਿਕ ਧਰਮ-ਪੁਸਤਕ ਨੂੰ) ਪੜ੍ਹਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਵਿਚਾਰਦਾ ਹੈ । ਕੋਈ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨਿਵਲੀਕਰਮ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਕੋਈ ਕੁੰਡਲਨੀ ਨਾੜੀ ਰਸਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਾਣ ਚਾੜ੍ਹਦਾ ਹੈ 
They read scriptures, and contemplate the Vedas; they practice the inner cleansing techniques of Yoga, and control of the breath.

ਪੰਚ ਜਨਾ ਸਿਉ ਸੰਗੁ ਨ ਛੁਟਕਿਓ ਅਧਿਕ ਅਹੰਬੁਧਿ ਬਾਧੇ ॥੧॥
(ਪਰ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਸਾਧਨਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਕਾਮਾਦਿਕ) ਪੰਜਾਂ ਨਾਲੋਂ ਸਾਥ ਮੁੱਕ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਕਦਾ । (ਸਗੋਂ) ਵਧੀਕ ਅਹੰਕਾਰ ਵਿਚ (ਮਨੁੱਖ) ਬੱਝ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਹਨ ।੧।
But they cannot escape from the company of the five passions; they are increasingly bound to egotism. ||1||

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI - 641 
RAAG SORATH GURU ARJAN DEV JI

The 5 passions are the root cause of anxiety,  phobia, PTSD and mental disorders.  Yet yoga can't cure them as Gurbani says above.

On 6/11/2020 at 9:22 PM, Akalifauj said:

ਗਉੜੀ ਮਃ ੫ ॥
Gauree, Fifth Mehla:

ਕਵਨ ਰੂਪੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਆਰਾਧਉ ॥
(ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ! ਜਗਤ ਦੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਜੀਵ ਤੇਰਾ ਹੀ ਰੂਪ ਹਨ ਤੇ ਤੇਰਾ ਕੋਈ ਭੀ ਖ਼ਾਸ ਰੂਪ ਨਹੀਂ । ਮੈਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਕਿ) ਤੇਰਾ ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਮੈਂ ਧਿਆਨ ਧਰਾਂ ।
What form of Yours should I worship and adore?

ਕਵਨ ਜੋਗ ਕਾਇਆ ਲੇ ਸਾਧਉ ॥੧॥
(ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ! ਮੈਨੂੰ ਸਮਝ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਿ) ਜੋਗ ਦਾ ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਸਾਧਨ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਮੈਂ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਰੀਰ ਨੂੰ ਵੱਸ ਵਿਚ ਲਿਆਵਾਂ (ਤੇ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਕਰਾਂ । ਜੋਗ-ਸਾਧਨਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ) ।੧।
What Yoga should I practice to control my body? ||1||

ਕਵਨ ਗੁਨੁ ਜੋ ਤੁਝੁ ਲੈ ਗਾਵਉ ॥
ਹੇ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ! (ਤੇਰੇ ਬੇਅੰਤ ਗੁਣ ਹਨ, ਮੈਨੂੰ ਸਮਝ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਉਂਦੀ ਕਿ) ਮੈਂ ਤੇਰਾ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਗੁਣ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਤੇਰੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਕਰਾਂ
What is that virtue, by which I may sing of You?

ਕਵਨ ਬੋਲ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਰੀਝਾਵਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਤੇ ਕੇਹੜੇ ਬੋਲ ਬੋਲ ਕੇ ਮੈਂ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਕਰਾਂ ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।
What is that speech, by which I may please the Supreme Lord God? ||1||Pause||

ਕਵਨ ਸੁ ਪੂਜਾ ਤੇਰੀ ਕਰਉ ॥
ਹੇ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ! ਮੈਂ ਤੇਰੀ ਕੇਹੜੀ ਪੂਜਾ ਕਰਾਂ (ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਤੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਹੋ ਸਕੇਂ) ?
What worship service shall I perform for You?

ਕਵਨ ਸੁ ਬਿਧਿ ਜਿਤੁ ਭਵਜਲ ਤਰਉ ॥੨॥
ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ! ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਤਰੀਕਾ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਦੀ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਮੈਂ ਸੰਸਾਰ-ਸਮੁੰਦਰ ਤੋਂ ਪਾਰ ਲੰਘ ਜਾਵਾਂ ? ।੨।
How can I cross over the terrifying world-ocean? ||2||

ਕਵਨ ਤਪੁ ਜਿਤੁ ਤਪੀਆ ਹੋਇ ॥
ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਤਪ-ਸਾਧਨ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ ਮਨੁੱਖ (ਕਾਮਯਾਬ) ਤਪਸ੍ਵੀ ਅਖਵਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ (ਤੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਖ਼ੁਸ਼ ਕਰ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ) ? 
What is that penance, by which I may become a penitent?

ਕਵਨੁ ਸੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਉਮੈ ਮਲੁ ਖੋਇ ॥੩॥
ਉਹ ਕੇਹੜਾ ਨਾਮ ਹੈ (ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਜਾਪ ਕਰ ਕੇ) (ਮਨੁੱਖ ਆਪਣੇ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ) ਹਉਮੈ ਦੀ ਮੈਲ ਦੂਰ ਕਰ ਸਕਦਾ ਹੈ ? ।੩।
What is that Name, by which the filth of egotism may be washed away? ||3||

ਗੁਣ ਪੂਜਾ ਗਿਆਨ ਧਿਆਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਗਲ ਘਾਲ ॥
ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ ! (ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨਿਰੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਉੱਦਮ ਦੇ ਆਸਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰ ਸਕਦਾ । ਉਸੇ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੇ ਗਾਏ ਹੋਏ) ਗੁਣ (ਕੀਤੀ ਹੋਈ) ਪੂਜਾ, ਗਿਆਨ ਤੇ (ਜੋੜੀ ਹੋਈ) ਸੁਰਤਿ ਆਦਿਕ ਦੀ ਸਾਰੀ ਮਿਹਨਤ (ਸਫਲ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ)
Virtue, worship, spiritual wisdom, meditation and all service, O Nanak,

ਜਿਸੁ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਦਇਆਲ ॥੪॥
ਜਿਸ ਉਤੇ ਦਿਆਲ ਹੋ ਕੇ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ ।੪।
are obtained from the True Guru, when, in His Mercy and Kindness, He meets us. ||4||

ਤਿਸ ਹੀ ਗੁਨੁ ਤਿਨ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਜਾਤਾ ॥
ਉਸੇ ਦੀ ਹੀ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੋਈ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ (ਪਰਵਾਨ ਹੈ) ਉਸੇ ਨੇ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨਾਲ ਜਾਣ-ਪਛਾਣ ਪਾਈ ਹੈ 
They alone receive this merit, and they alone know God,

ਜਿਸ ਕੀ ਮਾਨਿ ਲੇਇ ਸੁਖਦਾਤਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ਦੂਜਾ ॥੩੬॥੧੦੫॥
(ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਹੈ ਤੇ) ਜਿਸ ਦੀ ਅਰਦਾਸ ਸਾਰੇ ਸੁਖ ਦੇਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਮੰਨ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ ਦੂਜਾ।੩੬।੧੦੫।
who are approved by the Giver of peace. ||1||Second Pause||36||105||

SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI - 187 
RAAG GAUREE GURU ARJAN DEV JI

Yoga for excercise, health benefits. Exercise is also good for the mind. Gurbani is saying don’t use yoga to achieve liberation. But you don’t seem to know exactly what yoga is. 

Gurbani is the gyan, the Gyan is the Guru, the teacher. We read it and apply it to our lives in remembrance, in Action. In this age, naam, ie, the Gyan, the simran, Truth in action gets us across the burning world ocean. I never said use yoga as a form of liberation. Read the gyan and apply it. But by all means, use yoga as excercise, it doesn’t prohibit that. 

Gurbani teaches us to practice Truth in action, ie our daily lives. Not sit in on a mountain doing yoga all day as a hermit etc. But yoga for excercise an hour or so a day is totally fine. 

32 minutes ago, Sat1 said:

Yoga for excercise, health benefits. Exercise is also good for the mind. Gurbani is saying don’t use yoga to achieve liberation. But you don’t seem to know exactly what yoga is. 

Gurbani is the gyan, the Gyan is the Guru, the teacher. We read it and apply it to our lives in remembrance, in Action. In this age, naam, ie, the Gyan, the simran, Truth in action gets us across the burning world ocean. I never said use yoga as a form of liberation. Read the gyan and apply it. But by all means, use yoga as excercise, it doesn’t prohibit that. 

Gurbani teaches us to practice Truth in action, ie our daily lives. Not sit in on a mountain doing yoga all day as a hermit etc. But yoga for excercise an hour or so a day is totally fine. 

Yoga isn't exercise. It's you who doesn't know what it is.