Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
singhbj singh

Surrey spinner Amar Virdi on the brink of becoming third Sikh to represent England

Recommended Posts

It’s good news but I wish these cricket players adopt a smarter look with their head ware. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

How come all Singh's are spinners.

I have never seen a Singh who is a fast bowler. 

They're sensible and know it is less strain on the body.

Also, Virdi, Panesar and Harbhajan Singh are all from Ramgharia background, so maybe it's because they're 'good with their hands'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

They're sensible and know it is less strain on the body.

Also, Virdi, Panesar and Harbhajan Singh are all from Ramgharia background, so maybe it's because they're 'good with their hands'

Yes, all fingers and wrists but no shoulders. 

I think fast bowlers develop back problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

How come all Singh's are spinners.

I have never seen a Singh who is a fast bowler. 

Jasprit Bumrah is a mona. He's probably the best fast bowler in the world at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

They're sensible and know it is less strain on the body.

Also, Virdi, Panesar and Harbhajan Singh are all from Ramgharia background, so maybe it's because they're 'good with their hands'

Less strain on the body? This is baaniya talk!

Jasprit Bumrah is also Ramgarhia but bowls very quick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Jasprit Bumrah is a mona. He's probably the best fast bowler in the world at the moment.

Yes you are correct. I forgot about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

Less strain on the body? This is baaniya talk!

Are you saying putting total force of your body vs more controlled slower force is less strain? 
 

why damage yourself physically if you can achieve similar outcomes with a different approach? 
 

a lot of fast bowlers get many chronic injuries. Not saying spin bowlers don’t but I know which option I would choose 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have yet to see a Singh who is a super fielder like Jonty Rhodes.

One is quick and gets the run outs and does all the diving catches. 

Maybe one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

I have yet to see a Singh who is a super fielder like Jonty Rhodes.

One is quick and gets the run outs and does all the diving catches. 

Maybe one day.

Any idea why that is? 
 

youvraj Singh was a good fielder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Any idea why that is? 
 

youvraj Singh was a good fielder

Lack of athleticism. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

Are you saying putting total force of your body vs more controlled slower force is less strain? 
 

why damage yourself physically if you can achieve similar outcomes with a different approach? 
 

a lot of fast bowlers get many chronic injuries. Not saying spin bowlers don’t but I know which option I would choose 

In England spinners are not guaranteed a spot in the team, the conditions are more suited to fast bowlers, especially those who can swing the ball.

Cricket is already considered quite unathletic to most sports and the fact that not many Indians or Sikhs have not done well in fast bowling just makes us look weak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use