to do kirtan do you need a nice voice

Guest simranjit

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
On 8/10/2020 at 5:02 AM, Guest simranjit said:

to do kirtan or to be good at kirtan do you need a nice voice because I really want to do but my voice is terrible 

Admin Note: deleted

22 hours ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

If the lead in prayer makes a mistake during recitation, someone from the congregation who spotted the mistake will correct them by reciting the part they got wrong immediately and the recitation from the lead will continue. I see Kirtan is another addition to Sikhi from Hinduism, nice.

That...is utter nonsense, even for you mate. How is kirtan a "copy" from Hinduism? Using music to praise God is a "copy"???‍♂️. Upgrade your arguments mate.

22 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

If you choose to deny any resemblance between Hindu Kirtan and Sikh Kirtan that's up to you. It's just another thing to note which is similar to Hinduism a religion from the same land mass. I am learning a lot of things about Sikhi from this forum thank you, most recently that the Gurus were God.

yeah it starts and ends with notes on the scale.

32 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

If you choose to deny any resemblance between Hindu Kirtan and Sikh Kirtan that's up to you. It's just another thing to note which is similar to Hinduism a religion from the same land mass. I am learning a lot of things about Sikhi from this forum thank you, most recently that the Gurus were God.

Of course there is a resemblance?. Where do you think Raag comes from??‍♂️? What exactly are you trying to imply here??

2 hours ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

How is kirtan a Hindu concept? Christians sing in church is that taken from Hinduism? Muslims also sing/yodel their Azan is that also taken from Hinduism?

On 8/17/2020 at 11:39 PM, MuslimNeighbour said:

Disagree, all those instruments will aid you in covering any flaws you think you have. It's not like Quran recitation where it's pure vocals and someone will point out any flaws on the spot during prayer.

When you answer questions here, 

You have to understand that to answer Sikh questions you answer by Sikh perspective not islamic

Unlike Islam, sikhism is based on music. Spiritual clean music that is.. 

1 hour ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

Christians do a lot of things their man-God never told them to do so that's an irrelevant point.

This to me looks like a clear cut copy and paste job with the words changed. In some videos even the instruments used are the same. Clearly not inspired by the other religion from the same land mass... or the religion of a number of your Guru's parents.

Completely different to this.

Don't confuse Adhan and Quran recitation with Nasheeds such as below.

I'm sure Azan would have been sung in Indian Ragas instead of being sung in pre Islamic pagan style yodel had Mohammad been born in India and started his religion in South Asia instead of Arabia. But Azan is singing none the less, just different style of singing. 

As for instruments, kirtan can be done with or without an instrument. We don't have any superstitions preventing us from using instruments to sing praises of God like Islam has. 

10 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

Well that's an assumption made by you based off of all the Hindu influence your religion has including Kirtan. It's easy to see why Hindus legitimately hold a view of SIkhi being a direct offshoot of their faith if not thinking it's pretty much the same thing and their Constitution calling you guys long haired Hindus. Had black Christians been around the time your Kirtan was developed no doubt you'd have their clapping in there too.

But I fail to understand what is so objectionable to using instruments while singing? And if Hindus do use instruments while singing hymns that just proves they have one bonus point over Islamic dogma which due to superstition prevents you from using musical instruments, it's like Mohammad musically handicapped you guys from start.

58 minutes ago, MuslimNeighbour said:

So according to you, using instruments during your little sing a longs holds more value in the sight of God over pure vocals? Because that's what you're basically implying.

When Adhan and Salah were revealed it was to be performed the way the Prophet instructed per God's command, simple as that.

Which of your 10 Guru's implemented Kirtan?

No matter what you say you cannot escape the massive Hindu influence on your faith which supposedly has nothing to do with Hinduism, oh and praising Hinduism over Islam is to be expected from your kind.

You're talking about handicaps and superstitions, this is what happens when you follow and actually take what Islamophobes have to say as Gospel. Playing musical instruments or not being permitted to listen to music has nothing to do with superstition regardless of whichever Hadith you try to bring up that you 'learned' from the likes of the sociopath Wood and there are differing opinions on the matter anyway. You mention these things as though your Sikhi doesn't tell you to wear a turban including your women and have uncut hair, kachera being a certain length, wearing bangles, carrying swords and what not, come on lad.

For us using or not using instruments is not even an issue. One can do kirtan with or without an instrument since using an instrument is not a sin in God's eyes. Our Gurus did not impose a dogma based on superstition that prevents us from using instruments. Some of the things in Islam are undeniably superstitious like hating instruments or even dogs. It just doesn't make any sense