Sign in to follow this  
shastarSingh

shastarvidya as a mode of sikhi parchar

There is a very jeevan wala 45 year old Singh who is an expert in Shastarvidya. He holds evening classes from Monday to Saturday and 11am class on Sundays.

He teaches his students shastarvidya as well as hand to hand combat. He encourages monaas to attend his classes. Before the class, all students r made to do paath of shastar naam mala, bhagauti astotar and chaupai sahib and ardaas. On Sundays they do an additional japji Sahib paath and r taught how to tie a dumalla. He says that a large number of his monaa students hv ended up as amritdharis and shastarvidya is an excellent way of doing sikhi parchaar.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Singh375 said:

Brilliant, where’s the Singh based ji? 

this singh lives in a village 5 km from mullanpur town near Ludhiana.

In last year about 20 kids from his village hv become amritdharis.

He has so much love and respect for shastars that in his room shastars r always parkash on a bed(manji) and he sleeps on floor.

He also told me that if ur mind is not concentrating on Gurbani, do shastar parkash on a bed in ur room and just see how ur  mind will fully concentrate in Gurbani.

• Like 1

I thought most Shastarvidiya ustaad are gupt and only thing visible in the open is gatka. Would be interesting to see a video of this?

does he teach loh-musht technique as well?

19 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

I thought most Shastarvidiya ustaad are gupt and only thing visible in the open is gatka. Would be interesting to see a video of this?

don't know bro

I have not been his student.

2 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

I think you might be confusing a real Gursikh teaching Shastarvidya with the 'last Sikh warrior' and his dubious Hindu Sikh Shastarvidya or whatever is calling it this week! 

Nice to see someone who is doing real parchar as well as keeping the youth of Punjab not only active and healthy but into their religion. If all the villages of Punjab had a person like that then the Panth would not be in such a sorry state. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, proactive said:

I think you might be confusing a real Gursikh teaching Shastarvidya with the 'last Sikh warrior' and his dubious Hindu Sikh Shastarvidya or whatever is calling it this week! 

Nice to see someone who is doing real parchar as well as keeping the youth of Punjab not only active and healthy but into their religion. If all the villages of Punjab had a person like that then the Panth would not be in such a sorry state. 

no-no not at all. shastarvidiya techniques have been recorded by well-known sikh historians.

The following passage is from 'Gurbani Paat Darpan' written by Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Jatha Bhindra. Baba Ji is explaining two forms of vidiya [science/learning], the first being for show and the second being the real vidiya. Baba Ji uses the example of one performing exhibition Gatka as the false vidiya, whereas the real soorma [warrior] vidiya is where there is no show/exhibition.

From Gurbani Paat Darpan, page 37-38.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ਵਿਦਿੱਆ ਦੋ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਦੀ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ ।

There are two forms of 'Vidiya' [science]

(੧) ਇਕ ਤਾਂ ਜਿਹੜੇ ਪਟੇ ਬਾਜ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ, ੳਹ ਦਿਖਾਵੇ ਦੀ ਵਿੱਦਿਆ ਪੜ੍ਹਦੇ ਹਨ, ਸਾਰਿਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣਾ ਕਰਤੱਬ ਦਿਖਾਉਣਾ, ਕਿਸੇ ਦੇ ਮੂੰਹ 'ਤੇ, ਛਾਤੀ, ਪੱਟ ਆਦਿਕ ਤੇ ਆਲੂ ਰੱਖ ਕੇ ਅਤੇ ਅੱਖਾ ਆਪਣੀਆਂ ਬੰਨ੍ਹ ਕੇ ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਖੂਬੀ ਇਹੋ ਹੀ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ, ਜਿਹੜੀ ਚੀਜ ਉਪਰ ਪਈ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ, ਆਲੂ ਪਿਆ ਹੈ ਜਾਂ ਗਾਜਰ, ਜਾਂ ਮੂਲੀ ਪਈ ਹੈ, ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਕੱਟ ਦਿੰਦੇ ਹਨ ਰੋਮ ਨੂੰ ਛੇਦਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਦੇ ਹਨ । ਇਸ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ੳਹ ਕਰਤੱਬ ਦਿਖਾ ਕੇ ਹੁਨਰ ਕਰਕੇ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਖੁਸ਼ ਕਰਕੇ, ਆਪ ਦਾ ਪੇਟ ਤੋਰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਇਹ ਤਾਂ ਪਟੇ ਬਾਜ ਦੀ ਵਿੱਦਿਆ ਹੈ ।

The first is called Pate Baaz [swinging a stick], that form is done for show, and to display their performance, placing potatos on someones face, chest, back etc and covering their eyes, that is their skills. Whatever is placed on top [of someone], whether it is potatos, carrots, or radish, they cut that without cutting that person. This form [of vidiya] is done to show their own performance and accomplishment in order to make the viewers happy and to fill their own belly's [acquiring money for it], this is the 'vidiya' [science/learning] of Pate Baaz [one who just spins a stick, i.e. Gatka Baaj].

ਏਸੇ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਜਿਹੜੇ ਪੰਡਤ ਵਿਦਵਾਨ ਬਣ ਕੇ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਕਥਾ ਸੁਣਾ ਕੇ ਲੋਕਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਚਾਰ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣਾ ਜਸ ਪਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ, ਆਪ ੳਹ ਧਾਰਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ ਹਨ, ਵਡਿਆਈ ਪਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ, ਪਦਾਰਥ ਪਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ ਪਰ ਆਪ ਧਾਰਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਦੇ, ਲੋਕਾਂ ਵਾਸਤੇ ੳਹ ਗਿਆਨ ਦੀਆਂ ਗੱਲਾ ਸੁਣਾਉਂਦੇ ਹਨ । ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਪਟੇ ਬਾਜਾਂ ਵਾਲੀ ਵਿੱਦਿਆ ਹੈ ।

[Similar to this] form is a one who becomes a Pandit scholar who performs discourse as preaching to get people to praise him, yet he himself cannot enshrine [what he preaches], he gets them to praise them, and gets material wealth, but he himself cannot attain what he preaches, and still for people preaches sermons of wisdom. That type of vidiya [science/learning] is like that of the Pate Baaj [one who just spins a stick, i.e. Gatka Baaj].

(੨) ਦੂਸਰੀ ਸੂਰਮਿਆਂ ਦੀ ਵਿੱਦਿਆ ਹੈ, ਸੂਰਮਾ ਬਹਾਦਰ ਜੋ ਹੈ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰ ਪਹਿਨ ਕੇ ਜੰਗ ਵਿਚ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਜਾਂ ਦੁਸ਼ਮਣਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਕਰਕੇ ਜਿੱਤ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਜਾਂ ਆਪ ਜੂਝ ਕੇ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਪਾਉਂਦੇ ਹੈ ।

The second type of Vidiya [science/learning] is that of a warrior, a courageous warrior adorns weapons and goes to war, giving the enemies martyrdom and attaining victory, or getting martyrdom themselves.

ਇਸ ਪ੍ਰਕਾਰ ਸੂਰਮਿਆਂ ਵਾਲੀ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਵਿੱਦਿਆ ਹੈ । ਸੂਰਮਾ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰ ਮਾਰਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਪਟੇ ਬਾਜ ਕੇਵਲ ਦਿਖਾਵਾ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਤਲੀ ਚੀਜ ਨੂੰ ਤੋੜਦਾ ਹੈ, ਹੇਠਾਂ ਅੰਗਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਨਹੀਂ ਲਗਣ ਦਿੰਦਾ ਅਤੇ ਸੂਰਮਾ ਅਗਿਆਨ ਦੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਅੰਗਾ ਨੂੰ ਛੇਦਨ ਕਰਕੇ ਸਰੂਪ ਸਾਖਿਆਤ ਰੂਪ ਅਨੰਦ ਨੂੰ ਪਾਉਂਦੇ ਹੈ ।

In this way the way of the warrior is like Brahm Vidiya. A warrior kills with his weapons, where as a Pate Baaj [one who just spins a stick, i.e. Gatka Baaj] merely only does a exhibition, they only break the top [item] and do not hit any limbs. A [real] warrior breaks all the limbs of ignorance and attains great bliss while living in the visible [sargun] form.

The teachings of Real Shastar Vidiya are essential to learn as a Singh. As Giani Gian Singh Ji writes in his Naveen Panth Prakash, page 1571, Vol. 3:

ਸਿਖ੍ਯਾ ਜੰਗ ਕਰਨ ਕੀ ਦੱਈਏ । ਸਿੰਘ ਨਾਮ ਇਨਿ ਕੇ ਰਖਵੱਈਏ ।

Give the teachings of how to wage war, in this way you shall retain the name Singh.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

There are gursikhs who do lots of Gurbani abhiyaas and shastar Abhiyaas. They r constantly in contact with shaheedi faujan and keep learning new shastar vidiya techniques from shaheed Singhs.

Another way to learn shastar vidiya is to do lots of abhiyaas of Dasam Granth Ji and Sarbloh Granth Ji and get shastar sidhi.

I hv been told by a charrdikala bazurg nihang Singh that in future, nehkalank avataar will hv the vidiya to operate 30 feet long khanda.

• Like 3

just to add 1 more thing.

this singh is in love with Brahm kavach bani and says that even millions of nuclear weapons cannot match the power of Brahm kavach bani.

He says that in future khalsa will show the power of Brahm kavach bani to the entire world.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

just to add 1 more thing.

this singh is in love with Brahm kavach bani and says that even millions of nuclear weapons cannot match the power of Brahm kavach bani.

He says that in future khalsa will show the power of Brahm kavach bani to the entire world.

Totally agree with this. Once you have done enough abhiyas of this bani you feel very calm and protected. Your energies reach a new level of equipoise never experienced before. The main aim is to keep them aligned with other uncreated energies which are lying dormant waiting to manifest next. But you must remain gupt. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, proactive said:

All this 'last sikh warrior' stuff is crap.

Khalsa comes straight from Vaheguru and can get knowledge of any stuff straight from Vaheguru ji.

• Like 1