Auctioning of Sikh historical artifacts.

dallysingh101

20 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Nah, you're missing the point.

It's not about nationalism for the sake of it - it's about having the ability to create a stable geographical location for a people, and having the ability to defend it and create a nourishing environment for Sikhi and Sikhs to flourish in.

What you are saying is abdicating all of that in the name of spirituality just like  Hindus have been accused of doing by many. 

What on earth do artifacts belonging to a king who lived 200 years ago have to do with "creating a stable geographical location for a people and having the ability to defend it and create a nourishing environment for Sikhi and Sikhis to flourish in"?

4 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

What on earth do artifacts belonging to a king who lived 200 years ago have to do with "creating a stable geographical location for a people and having the ability to defend it and create a nourishing environment for Sikhi and Sikhis to flourish in"?

Because it shows what was achieved when this was achieved temporarily previously. You're sounding a bit slow bro? 

2 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

When the zionists claimed back "their" heritage you were on record condeming it the whole time? 

Also you conveniently skipped what I previously replied. 

• 4 months later...

@dallysingh101

https://www.dawn.com/news/1693160/lahore-museum-sets-up-sikh-gallery

Lahore Museum sets up Sikh Gallery

Shoaib Ahmed Published June 5, 2022 -  Updated about 10 hours ago

__Dawn
__Dawn

LAHORE: Lahore Museum has established a new gallery titled ‘Sikh Gallery’ to preserve and display rare artifacts, paintings, manuscripts, furniture etc. related to Sikhism and Sikh era.

Previously a small number of items were displayed in the museum’s general gallery, but now a separate gallery has been dedicated to exhibit antiques belonging to Sikh period and religion, the museum’s Director Ejaz Ahmed Minhas told Dawn.

He says the monotheistic Sikh religion gives the message of unity, truthfulness and brotherhood.

He says most of the Sikh collection in Lahore Museum is associated with Maharaja Ranjit Singh who established the Sikh empire in the sub-continent in 1799 when he captured Lahore and ruled till 1849. He was popularly known as Sher-e-Punjab (The lion of Punjab).

Sikh collection in Lahore Museum includes miniature paintings, manuscripts, handwritten Guru Granth Sahib, official documents of royal darbar, royal orders, dresses, weapons and exquisite furniture, including the magnificent chair of Moran Sarkar and a royal chair which has two lions statues on it, from the Mahraja’s court.

The director says that the oil paintings of Sikh royals are of great significance, adding that most of this collection is donated by the Faqeer Syed Jalal-ud-Din Trust of the Faqeer family.

Mr Minhas says the collection also includes the Maharaja’s personal belongings, including his prayer beads, a large axe and Maharani Jinda’s shawl. The orders of Maharaja are also of great interest as they show his administrative system that was based on justice, he adds. He says the information about the Sikh Gurus is of special interest for foreign tourists and researchers, adding that visiting Sikhs also perform their religious rituals in the gallery. He says the weaponry of Maharaja’s era is also on display in the Sikh Gallery, including rare swords with handles made of sold gold and kirpans etc.

Mr Minhas said some of the items which were lying in the museum’s store are being displayed for the first time in the new gallery, including ivory furniture, an old map of Lahore, a portrait of Mahraja Dulip Singh and a rare Golden Temple model. The director says that the new gallery is also a gesture to promote interfaith harmony, religious tourism and a soft image of Pakistan in the world.

Published in Dawn, June 5th, 2022

• 2 months later...
On 8/5/2022 at 12:38 PM, dallysingh101 said:

Look at the aesthetic quality of craftsmanship on this! I wonder where the bow that went with this is? 

A gold-thread-embroidered velvet-clad leather quiver and bow holder, almost certainly made for Maharaja Ranjit Singh (Reg. 1801-1839), the Lion of the Punjab Lahore, circa 1838(11) 

This is what it would have looked like based on contemporary French artist Alfred de Dreux (portrait currently in the Louvre in France):

1514484466_ranjitbowdetailalfred_louvre.png.3418724e4bb440959c134b272c1faa10.png

1221680252_ranjitbowalfred_louvre.png.2748caa775575997179456181f6e1ffc.png

Is this the above quiver?

1430050053_ranjitbowcloseupalfred_louvre.png.570621bb37bdd427f3cb9298cb23d46a.png