Sign in to follow this  
PranaamShaheedaNu

Carbonated drinks alcohol content

VJKK VJKF ji

Found a new drink Bundaberg ginger beer - in the soft drink aisle, had one and thought it was nice then got worried when someone told me it contains alcohol - this was on their site has anyone come across anything like this - should I be worried / contacting the Panj Pyare for pesh?Alcohol is a by-product of this fermentation process. Before we fill the product into bottles we heat the brew to above 70 degrees C. to kill the yeast, halt the fermentation process, and remove the alcohol. After this heating process all of our products have a residual alcohol level of less than 0.5%. 

Thanks in advance !

2 hours ago, PranaamShaheedaNu said:

VJKK VJKF ji

Found a new drink Bundaberg ginger beer - in the soft drink aisle, had one and thought it was nice then got worried when someone told me it contains alcohol - this was on their site has anyone come across anything like this - should I be worried / contacting the Panj Pyare for pesh?Alcohol is a by-product of this fermentation process. Before we fill the product into bottles we heat the brew to above 70 degrees C. to kill the yeast, halt the fermentation process, and remove the alcohol. After this heating process all of our products have a residual alcohol level of less than 0.5%. 

Thanks in advance !

I'd avoid this product as well as kombucha. Not only is a small amount of alcohol still foul but that .5 percent with a manufacturing error margin of what percent? 

Get a strong batch and you're drinking beer. 

Ginger tea and ginger juice are amazing. You can add ginger juice to soda water. 

.5 is still 1 proof. It's still one tenth of beer even if they get it perfectly at .5

31 minutes ago, PranaamShaheedaNu said:

@GurjantGnostic thanks - spoke to someone in the Panj and they’ve said as it was unknowingly to do paath and ardaas. But I would’ve never have thought it! The amount of apne that drink ginger beer!

I didn't even think about having to Pesh since it's labeled and sold as it is. 

I used to have this issue before and even posted about it in here, but have now realised.

When you read rehat maryada really carefully you see that the actual BAJJAR kurehit is to use tobacco. 

That doesn't mean we can drink sharaab though. The rehat maryada says not to have any NASHA including sharaab.

However alcohol outright not being included as a bajjar kurehit is a very sensical thing and shows Maharaj's perfection. The reason for this is that if alcohol was placed as 'bajjar' kurehit life would be pretty much unliveable. Why? Because chemical alcohol i.e. ethanol is present in so much - bread, fruit, medicine etc. 

When the manufacturers say alcohol they mean that yes it's technically ethanol so it's alcohol in a chemical sense but it's not really the same as sharaab in terms of use in this instance. I mean the buiscuits and cakes we eat and soft drinks like coca cola, when they have 'natural flavouring' in the ingredients, usually this also contains alcohol (ethanol), but it's not being used as sharaab it is being used as a chemical solvent to hold the flavour. This is why such products contain alcohol (ethanol) yet even by the government they are classed as non alcoholic. The intent is not intoxication and neither does it cause intoxication.

• Like 4