On 4/17/2021 at 4:24 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Still listening to Katha on it. From what I can read, sgpc added chapuai sahib. 

I've yet to find anything in Gurbani to disuade you from reciting full Anand Sahib. I'll keep looking and if I find something I'll tell you bro. But I have a feeling after two hours of Katha the answer is going to be the same. 

hmm I sent a message thanking you but topic moderators don't let me release stuff as fast but its been almost three hours now

anyhow, appreciate your feedback, the reason for my sankoch and caution on this matter is primarily because there isn't any historical reference to someone doing rehraas with full anand sahib, not even nihang singhs

one of my friends said bhai mani singh gutka sahib might have done it that way but he isn't too sure, and I thought taksali nitnem was based off of bhai mani singh ji and akali baba deep singh ji's gutka sahibs so I'm not sure why they would deviate from those either

I have found only one example of a sikh doing this on youtube, for which the link was sent in a prior message

It just seems way too weird for me to skip 85% of one of the panj bania you get what I mean

8 minutes ago, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

hmm I sent a message thanking you but topic moderators don't let me release stuff as fast but its been almost three hours now

I think they have to manually approve it if you added a link

1 minute ago, intrigued said:

I think they have to manually approve it if you added a link

its okay you guys can find it easily on youtube by just searching "rehraas with full anand sahib", and there comes this giani mahinder singh ji 

• Like 1
On 4/17/2021 at 4:24 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Still listening to Katha on it. From what I can read, sgpc added chapuai sahib. 

I've yet to find anything in Gurbani to disuade you from reciting full Anand Sahib. I'll keep looking and if I find something I'll tell you bro. But I have a feeling after two hours of Katha the answer is going to be the same. 

on the playlist, it is #26 video titled saacha naam mera adhaaro

around the 37:32 mark he explains what he explained in the very first "dhan su kaagad kalam dhan", that rehraas is a small version of panj bania 

where sodar is from japuji, more bani on importance of naam (sort of like shabad hajaaze), than so purakh talks about who we are worshipping and the qualities of that being (like sri jaap sahib), then more shabads on importance of naam and humility/love sort of like tav prasad swaiye with "saach kehu sun leho sabhai, jin prem kiyo tin hi prabh payo", then bir ras chaupai, and mini-anand sahib 

for the purpose because sikhi is often repetitive of the concepts, and all of sggs connects back to japji sahib which in turn connects back to beej mantra/mool mantra since our brain is sooo forgetful and which is why we have shabad da bhandaar dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji maharaj 

refreshing to get a perspective of simplicity and clarity from bhai jugraj singh 

and he didn't mention anything about the negatives of reading full anand sahib and instead he has only said often in other videos as well that sgpc rehit is the minimum and we should strive for more bania (like his benti in his last video released march 2017 where he does benti to include a friend for every one of panj bania) 

only negative bout this I can think of personally is disobeying Guru Khalsa Panth and it's decision in 1945 or whenever the sgpc rehit maryada was agreed upon, but in that frame of mindset so does budha dal panth, thakt hazur sahib dakhni nihang, nanaksar, taksal, etc. 

• Like 1

waheguru ji revisiting this topic, Bhai Jugraj Singh seemed to be more focused on justifying why we need a Rehraas for the most part, and wanted to simplify its function to being a summary of morning nitnem

But we can always expand on it, and I just remembered once a Taksali kathavachik did vichaar on Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale's nitnem and told sangat that he used to do panj bania again in the evening and when asked why by a singh, he replied that it was to make up for all the times he did not do nitnem as a young child and that he will be paying off his interest his entire life (can't take gaurantee on authenticity of this claim personally but you get what it means) 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Okay. After days of Katha lol, it seems that Rehraas Sahib was the agreed upon "minimum". Anyone is free to add to it personally. The Akal Takht version is the minimum. 

@intrigued

bilkul lol 

you have any personal knits to pick with the akal thakt version 

its mostly good and uniting 

• Like 1