Ban Curry - Paul Chowdhry

dallysingh101

27 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

maybe I was lucky because my nanake and nani's folks were gursikhs who didn't feel the need to prove their manliness because they were already physically, emotionallly and spiritually set up.

Agreed, swearing is not really necessary and like a lot of things, it's just because of habit more than anything

Also, @dallysingh101 - can you leave out this 'jut'/'jatt'-bashing business and referencing? It's quite tiring 

17 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Agreed, swearing is not really necessary and like a lot of things, it's just because of habit more than anything

Also, @dallysingh101 - can you leave out this 'jut'/'jatt'-bashing business and referencing? It's quite tiring 

not all jatts are alike , look at Brar and Sant ji polar opposites , my folks and your average desi wannabe jatt here in diaspora . You can take the good aspects of your sikh panjabi culture and history without sweeping in foreign trash like maa bhain gaalan etc , we are supposed to respect our women not drag their good names through the mud  for point scoring in P'ing contest

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

maybe I was lucky because my nanake and nani's folks were gursikhs who didn't feel the need to prove their manliness because they were already physically, emotionallly and spiritually set up.

Well maybe you need to realise you are in a minority in your culture? That has jettisoned a big part of your culture (for the better I'm sure). But being in denial of the truth doesn't help. 

Plus, it's just cultural norms. It's not my culture, so don't shoot the messenger please.  

Plus you are likely to end up doing what my moms did, and have sons that are unprepared for real life with Panjabis, if they ever experience it. Luckily, I got caught up quick when relatively young. 

12 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Well maybe you need to realise you are in a minority in your culture? That has jettisoned a big part of your culture (for the better I'm sure). But being in denial of the truth doesn't help. 

Plus, it's just cultural norms. It's not my culture, so don't shoot the messenger please.  

Plus you are likely to end up doing what my moms did, and have sons that are unprepared for real life with Panjabis, if they ever experience it. Luckily, I got caught up quick when relatively young. 

they swear in English and directly rather than using your mum cusses as a crutch , we all were brought up to confront directly with the person we had probs with and take the comeback directly family is offlimits , say what you want about us as individuals but never make the mistake of trying to target our folks  because the response would be fast and harsh.

26 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Its comedy you never seen an Eddie Murphy Live, Richard pryar and Chris Rock etc etc, if you don't like it don't watch  and even when you clicked the video, it Paul Chowdhry,  he is known for cussing in Punjabi.

I'm glad someone has kept that old school vibe alive myself. Love Paul man. 

23 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

Its comedy you never seen an Eddie Murphy Live, Richard pryar and Chris Rock etc etc, if you don't like it don't watch  and even when you clicked the video, it Paul Chowdhry,  he is known for cussing in Punjabi.

yeah well Richard Pryor was brought up in a brothel so he had a miserable upbringing experiencing the toxicity of human  on the daily , that is why he had a stammer , because of the violence he witnessed , his swearing was his defence mechanism . Most of these guys learned to be macho men by mouthing off and deflecting violence by wisecracking.

Paul has no real reason to and it does not help his act as by he's said a gaal five times it isn't worth listening to his ish . he's had the same act for years 70% swearing 30% possible joke/message.