Becoming a Granthi

Premi5

7 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

In manmukh manmat it makes sense. 

Know the funny thing? Elders teach teens "When choosing partner look at their Nitnem, seva and family values..." When coming of age? "A boy!? What's his education?where he work?" Lol no mention of if he does Nitnem, Gurudwara goer, veg... 

Of course I write from my own experience and it's not necessary everywhere or average. But over 40 proposal for Amritdhari girl? Facing parents/ elders questions? I know wha I been through... 

7 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

Know the funny thing? Elders teach teens "When choosing partner look at their Nitnem, seva and family values..." When coming of age? "A boy!? What's his education?where he work?" Lol no mention of if he does Nitnem, Gurudwara goer, veg... 

Of course I write from my own experience and it's not necessary everywhere or average. But over 40 proposal for Amritdhari girl? Facing parents/ elders questions? I know wha I been through... 

There's a lot less amritdhari girls than amritdhari guys, even if we are practicing Roti Beti Di Sanjh, amritdhari women can pick the best Singhs of the flock. If the Amritdhari guys aren't strict on marrying Amritdhari only, then you still get people wanting the other qualities. 

On 11/1/2021 at 12:43 PM, Singh1989 said:

Amritdhari girls go for someone with a degree. A degree means man getting a well paid job. If Granthis manage to earn about £1800 a month (pre tax) then it's a possibility? But another thing is prestige in society. But like I said, a Sikh with a degree, well paid job and part time Granthi (evenings n weekend) does mean double the wages! 

It should be prestigious.

One factor I didn't consider is how easily a career could be under threat if malicious false gossip/allegations is made against a Granthi which could ruin this reputation and end their career.

5 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

It should be prestigious.

One factor I didn't consider is how easily a career could be under threat if malicious false gossip/allegations is made against a Granthi which could ruin this reputation and end their career.

Doctors and lawyers could also get “their reputation and career ruined because of false gossip/allegations”

10 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Doctors and lawyers could also get “their reputation and career ruined because of false gossip/allegations”

They can, and I knew when I posted.

But, usually more hard evidence is needed before restricting their practice and deeming them suspended or guilty.