People mainly Bhappas using Kartarpur corridor for shopping

proactive

13 minutes ago, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

are rajputs considered to be khatris? 

8 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

They are part of the same varna, but usually it's Rajputs > Khatris > Arora.

I dont think Punajbi rajputs r relate to khatris I know some janjuas and parmars and they look closer to Jatts than khatris and they also r mostly rural community my family comes from hoshairpur and we have a rajput pind pretty close to us 

1 minute ago, justasking said:

aroras are a sub branch of khatri i thnk like kamboj is subranch of Jatts

so basically aroras are a type of khatri 

2 minutes ago, justasking said:

I dont think Punajbi rajputs r relate to khatris I know some janjuas and parmars and they look closer to Jatts than khatris and they also r mostly rural community my family comes from hoshairpur and we have a rajput pind pretty close to us 

sorry but im getting curious bout my own lineage here, chohan/chauhans are rajputs or jatts? 

and is there a difference between sodh and sodhi, I heard katha of vadde mahapurkh on sri guru ram dass ji maharaj prakash utsav and they referred to their lineage as sodh vansh instead of sodhi 

6 minutes ago, NaamTiharoJoJape said:

so basically aroras are a type of khatri 

sorry but im getting curious bout my own lineage here, chohan/chauhans are rajputs or jatts? 

and is there a difference between sodh and sodhi, I heard katha of vadde mahapurkh on sri guru ram dass ji maharaj prakash utsav and they referred to their lineage as sodh vansh instead of sodhi 

Chohan are Rajput, but some Punjabi rajputs have become assimilated into Jatts  like Virk, and call themselves Jatt well others remain calling themselves Rajputs. In Doaba the status and the lifestyle is the same with minor cultural differences.

Ultimatley it depends on your family if they consider themselves Jatt or Rajput

12 minutes ago, justasking said:

Grewals and other Jatt clans were ex-rajputs who become Jatts.

2 minutes ago, justasking said:

Chohan are Rajput, but some Punjabi rajputs have become assimilated into Jatts  like Virk, and call themselves Jatt well others remain calling themselves Rajputs. In Doaba the status and the lifestyle is pretty much the same with minor cultural differences.

makes a ton of sense 

1 minute ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Grewals and other Jatt clans were ex-rajputs who become Jatts.

that seems prevalent amongst a lot of these clans nowadays considered jatt

bhattis and dhamis would be examples too?