Punjabi Music Video

robyn

Waheguroo ji ka Khalsa Waheguroo ji ki Fateh

I'm a regular visitor to this forum, but before now, I've never posted. I'm posting today because of something that I saw on t.v. the other day and I was quite offended by it actually. I don't usually watch punjabi music videos but as I was flipping through the channels, something caught my attention. A punjabi singer was singing a song. I don't know his name nor do I remember the lyrics that went with the song. In the video, the singer, who I guess was driving someplace with his wife? maybe I dont know, picked up a Gutka that was in the hands of the female who had fallen asleep with her head on his shoulder. I'd like to point out that this man's head was uncovered when he picked the Gutka up but the thing that upset me the most was that the Gutka, (it had Nitnem explicitly written on the front cover) when opened by this man had a picture of the singer in it. I don't know if I'm reading into it too deep, but I get the impression that the scene indicates to the audience that the young female had been starting at the man's picture while doing paath or maybe not doing paath at all and just staring at the man's picture.

I've talked to some people about this and they've said that this is nothing compared to what other punjabi singers portray in their videos. But I'm still very offended by this act for in my mind, our respected Gurbani was not respected. I would also like to point out that the female in the video did have her head covered with a chunni in the video but I still think that what was portrayed in the video was wrong.

I just wanted to share this with the sangat...Hop

efully these people will learn someday.

Waheguroo ji ka Khalsa Waheguroo ji ki Fateh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

ohmy.gif

:wub: @

:| wat is going on these days?

seen a khanda spray painted on a wall in a music video, with half naked women dancing around it. The camera angle is deliberatey, carefully and cleverly viewed around the singer, as he is singing. I didnt really listen to lyrics, but never the less it just give the youth the total wrong impression on sikhi etc etc with the khanda on the wall. no.gif

bhil chuk maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

This must be stoped, i watch a punjabi program called "Tour Pungabi DI" and sometimes i am shoked to see many popular singers (Jassy B, Huldeep Manuk) singing and not covering their hair! Although i am relatively new, i think seeing popular singers dancing around with half naked women is a bad representation of sihkism.

Ok i read this in another post i believe ...

... lets start by getting the exact info .. if someone can post who this singer is, and what is the albums name so maybe we can get something done on it... also i would love to see myself how low ppl have fell in todays society... :wub: @

Perhaps we could start a patition or a ban on certain music that is offensive. May be a bit harsh, but something has to be done about these singers doing what they think is "cool"

Thats just taking the something!

Bro try and find out what vid, singer, production company etc, in the meanwhile those of you in media, what steps do you think are appropraite in this case?

IF the prod comp etc is punjabi, one would hope that they would listen to our complaints and either change or pull the video.

I remember when the film border came out, i heard the muslims got real cheesed off cus some hindu was handelling the quran some cinemas even got burned down!! this is gurbani gutka man, we meant to have more respect than muslims ever have for their quran!!