Khanda

Inder 84

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

The Khanda constitutes three symbols in one. However, the name is derived from the central symbol, Khanda, a special type of double-edged sword which confirms the Sikhs' belief in One God.

The double-edged sword is the creative power of God which controls the destiny of the whole creation. It is sovereign power over life and death.

The right edge of the double-edged sword symbolizes freedom and authority governed by moral and spiritual values.

The left edge of the double-edged sword symbolizes divine justice which chastises and punishes the wicked oppressors.

On the left side is the sword of spiritual sovereignty, Piri; on the right side is the sword of political sovereignty, Miri.

There must always be a balance between the two and this balance is emphasized by a inside circle. The circle is what is called the Chakra. This is a symbol of all-embracing divine manifestation including everything and wanting nothing, without beginning or end, neither first or last, timeless, and absolute. It is the symbol of oneness, unity, justice, humanity and morality. The Chakra was also used by the Khalsa Fauj as one of the war weapons against injustice and oppression.

Wow again, where am I posting something wrong? What rules am I breaking? That's Iran's flag, theres a Khanda on it.

I just am saying, that the Khanda symbol itself is an ancient one, and theres possibly different meaning to it according to other races/peoples.

Jeez louise.