Indian News

realist17

On 7/5/2023 at 2:24 PM, dallysingh101 said:

I think we need to be thinking about ruling in India itself. By this I mean spreading Sikhi/SIkh culture throughout the land. Political influence. I don't mean trying to make everyone amritdhari or even keshdhari by this, but a proliferation of Sikh culture throughout the land. Supplanting previous dharams with Sikhi. 

I think we've long been on some strange trajectory where apnay have (stupidly) confused their Sikhi heritage with their (in my opinion lesser) Panjabi cultural one, especially the rural variant. This has stifled us to no end, and prevented our growth and development in my opinion. That rural Panjabicentric worldview doesn't have the required globalist perspective for expansion.   

To me it looks like this prophesy from Panth Parkash is coming true?

Bhangu_pp_raj_extract.png.873e1abc4d6fb6e67883b82b10b3d03a.png

Anyone into reading Gurmukhi to some extent have any comment on the translation? It's an interesting text, even more so (for me) when Rattan Singh Bhangu mentions that the source is the much older Sukha Singh Gurbilas. I wonder if anyone has ever found the source sakhi (if it is in there) and compared it? 

On 7/19/2023 at 2:03 PM, dallysingh101 said:

Anyone into reading Gurmukhi to some extent have any comment on the translation? It's an interesting text, even more so (for me) when Rattan Singh Bhangu mentions that the source is the much older Sukha Singh Gurbilas. I wonder if anyone has ever found the source sakhi (if it is in there) and compared it? 

I really enjoy the more direct and simple grammar of Bhangu's Panth Prakash compared to the more strecthed out flowerey suraj prakash. He gets to the point much more quickly! Perhaps it's my own bias because I'm in it for the history and not the poetry.

Also, I think the text can be read by punjabi speakers and they can understand the gist of it without having to constantly read the translation/ commentary. 

There is a mention of a game called "saunchi" in the above text. I'm guessing it could be a type of contact sport like kabbadi ? Or perhaps somethinga bit more aggressive?

20 hours ago, Jai Tegang! said:

I really enjoy the more direct and simple grammar of Bhangu's Panth Prakash compared to the more strecthed out flowerey suraj prakash. He gets to the point much more quickly! Perhaps it's my own bias because I'm in it for the history and not the poetry.

Bhangu's work is heavily Panjabised, whereas Kavi Santokh used Braj bhasha so, that's not surprising. I like the raw, often gritty narrative style of Bhangu as well: it reads like a saga, or a Game of Thrones type story, To say I found it very engaging is a major understatement. It was an important read because we are talking about a historical narrative uninfluenced by colonialism. It's undoubtedly a pre-colonial Sikh historical classic. I'd love to read the unedited text.

Also, I think the text can be read by punjabi speakers and they can understand the gist of it without having to constantly read the translation/ commentary. 

I don't think I'm at that stage yet, but I can read the Gurmukhi and compare to the english to evaluate the translation and can see many of the extra bits the translators put in.

There is a mention of a game called "saunchi" in the above text. I'm guessing it could be a type of contact sport like kabbadi ? Or perhaps somethinga bit more aggressive?

You're on the right track, this is what MK has to say:

n.f. a manly sport, a variety of ਕਬੱਡੀ.

Mahan Kosh Encyclopedia

ਕੱਬਡੀ ਵਾਂਙ ਇਹ ਭੀ ਪੇਂਡੂ ਖੇਡ ਹੈ. ਜੁਆਨ ਆਦਮੀ ਇਕੱਠੇ ਹੋਕੇ ਦੋ ਦਲ ਬਣਾ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਹਨ, ਇੱਕ ਲੀਕ ਦੋਹਾਂ ਟੋਲੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਵਿਚਕਾਰ ਖਿੱਚੀ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ. ਇੱਕ ਪਾਸਿਓਂ ਇੱਕ ਆਦਮੀ ਅੱਗੇ ਵਧਕੇ ਦੂਜੇ ਪਾਸੇ ਦੇ ਆਦਮੀ ਦੀ ਛਾਤੀ ਤੇ ਤਿੰਨ ਤਲੀਆਂ ਫੁਰਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਮਾਰਦਾ ਹੈ. ਜੇ ਤਿੰਨ ਤਲੀਆਂ ਮਾਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਉਸ ਦਾ ਹੱਥ ਫੜ ਲਿਆ ਜਾਵੇ ਤਾਂ ਉਹ ਹਾਰਿਆ ਸਮਝੀਦਾ ਹੈ. ਜੇ ਤਿੰਨ ਤਲੀਆਂ ਮਾਰਕੇ ਬਿਨਾ ਫੜਾਈ ਖਾਧੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਵੱਲ ਮੁੜ ਆਵੇ ਤਾਂ ਜਿੱਤਿਆ ਜਾਣੀਦਾ ਹੈ. ਇਸੇ ਤਰਾਂ ਦੋ ਦੋ ਆਦਮੀ ਨੰਬਰ ਵਾਰ ਉਠਕੇ ਖੇਡਦੇ ਹਨ.

On 7/5/2023 at 6:24 AM, dallysingh101 said:

To me it looks like this prophesy from Panth Parkash is coming true?

First of all the excerpt from Panth Prakash highlights the desire of Satguru for Sikhs to be strong and manly. Guru ji likes this.

Out of happiness at the Sikhs' physical exercises, Guru ji offers to grant them lands. But the Sikhs ignorantly insist on small holdings around their homes in Punjab instead of world that Guru ji is offering.

10 hours ago, BhForce said:

First of all the excerpt from Panth Prakash highlights the desire of Satguru for Sikhs to be strong and manly. Guru ji likes this.

Out of happiness at the Sikhs' physical exercises, Guru ji offers to grant them lands. But the Sikhs ignorantly insist on small holdings around their homes in Punjab instead of world that Guru ji is offering.

What about the comment that this is going to lead them into perpetual internal conflicts? 

On 7/24/2023 at 6:57 AM, dallysingh101 said:

What about the comment that this is going to lead them into perpetual internal conflicts? 

Yeah. Totally. 

I mean, to the average lurker on this board, it usually just seems like "Oh, there's Dally complaining again about some random 'landlord' who dissed him 10 years ago."

And yet this excerpt from Panth Prakash vindicates a lot of what you have been saying: Sikhs have small minds. They would rather fight about the dividing line of their 5 acres of land and the neighbor's 5 acres rather than getting a few square miles elsewhere.

It also portrays the fact that the Sikhs are stupid and they don't do what Guru ji wants. And they refuse to accept the blessings Guru ji wants to bestow.

On 7/25/2023 at 2:43 PM, BhForce said:

Yeah. Totally. 

I mean, to the average lurker on this board, it usually just seems like "Oh, there's Dally complaining again about some random 'landlord' who dissed him 10 years ago."

And yet this excerpt from Panth Prakash vindicates a lot of what you have been saying: Sikhs have small minds. They would rather fight about the dividing line of their 5 acres of land and the neighbor's 5 acres rather than getting a few square miles elsewhere.

It also portrays the fact that the Sikhs are stupid and they don't do what Guru ji wants. And they refuse to accept the blessings Guru ji wants to bestow.

The small-minded ones are the chamche.

Most of the rest living outside of India are living with crushed hope and dreams...frankly.

• 2 months later...