Social Anxiety

Guest SINGH

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh. 

I am 17 year Amritdhari  boy. I have Social Anxiety Disorder and i also have shyness since as long as i coukd remember . This disorder disables in almost every walk of my life. 😭

I am just anxious all the time whether while speaking, socializing or even just standing in people. It is so hard for me to practice Sikhi like this. I cant even attend Gurudwara Sahib as i feel so much anxiety meeting people there. I prefer to remain quiet, and alone . But i dont want to spoil my life like this. Any Gursikh , please suggest me or advice me what should i do to start bringing a change in my life . I want to become a Sikh . Please help . 😭

Guest G Singh
On 8/16/2023 at 4:04 AM, Guest SINGH said:

I am 17 year Amritdhari  boy. I have Social Anxiety Disorder and i also have shyness since as long as i coukd remember . This disorder disables in almost every walk of my life. 😭

I am just anxious all the time whether while speaking, socializing or even just standing in people. It is so hard for me to practice Sikhi like this. I cant even attend Gurudwara Sahib as i feel so much anxiety meeting people there. I prefer to remain quiet, and alone . But i dont want to spoil my life like this. Any Gursikh , please suggest me or advice me what should i do to start bringing a change in my life . I want to become a Sikh . Please help . 😭

Vjkk vjkf 

I have been in that situation myself, and I know how difficult it is… reading gurbani, mool mantra, and naam simran helped me a lot. 

On 8/15/2023 at 8:04 PM, Guest SINGH said:

I cant even attend Gurudwara Sahib as i feel so much anxiety meeting people there.

Start off small. Go in the early morning (Amrit vela) when almost nobody is there.

If you happen on someone, just say Fateh. Don't engage in conversation, just Fateh and move on.

You can proceed from there.

Also, read Gurbani.

• 1 month later...

Try get CBT - Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a type of talking therapy. It is a common treatment for a range of mental health problems. CBT teaches you coping skills for dealing with different problems. It focuses on how your thoughts, beliefs and attitudes affect your feelings and actions.

It can help overcome anxiety. In the UK you can self-refer to a professional service offering CBT therapy. I know a few people who have had this and it helped with their social anxiety. 

On 8/16/2023 at 4:04 AM, Guest SINGH said:

Hypnotherapy can cure you in a single session provided you find the right counsellor. 

• 4 months later...
Guest Interacting with peo

This womans you tube videos are good from ones ive seen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LkEtZhskv4

Watch videos ion confidence, unshakable confidence, assertiveness, overcoming social anxiety, how to be sociable, and importantly, videos on how to interact and engage with people. 

A good tip I learned from this woman is to use my hands when speaking-it shows confidence and can help gain trust from others. 

I'm in my 30's and wish I had watched some of these videos and applied them 100% to my life when I was in my late teens. If you watch these, and apply them to your life now, you should could be laughing at my age.