amrit is essentail 4 salvation.

Mkhalsa

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Veer Ji/ Bhen Ji, i'm not turning them down, Maharaaj Ji has also given them the power to increase the Khalsa, to bring into the world Santsiphais!! That's an amazing gift, just one of many.

The point i was making was not cruel it was just a question, there is no doubt that women can go a few weeks knowingly that they will be fine, but there is also a chance when they may have got that wrong so must be extra careful during that time. It is their own izat that is being protected. Emotionally besti can really be more damaging to a woman than to a man and that is biologically proven ( on the whole ).

Bhul Chuk Maaf!!

Gurfateh!!

Gurfateh!!

Japmans Ji, if a women is doing a 2hour duty for example and starts menstrating what is she meant to do??

Gurfateh!!

for some reason, if this was a real situation, i'm thinking the answer to your question would be along the lines of

"continue doing guruji's seva"..... but hey, maybe i'm wrong....

in my eyes, the CONCEPT (not the actual event) is very similar to sweating... one can not control sweat, and you will perspire against your will, it is one of the body's ways of excreting liquid.... what if a punj piyaara is overwight?? what if it's a medical condition, but he's such a gursikh.. what if he sweats SO much, that you can actually see it dripping from his nose when they're standing and explaining rehit... i mean, when stirring the batta, he can move his face, cover his face with the hazooria, but while standing, both hands are on his sword.... what should he do?

perhaps next amrit sanchaar we should put up posters and signs saying:

"pu

nj piyaaray.. must be this tall" like the rides at wonderland

"punj piyaaray.. must not sweat too much"

"punj piyaaray.. must not feel the need to urinate"

don't get me wrong, as i said before, i don't have any historical knowledge to support a full opinion, but until i do, i will somewhat project a "pro" viewpoint on punj "piyaareean"..

the argument that only men stood up is rediculous....

we all know the castes of the five men who stood up...then why don't we only have those castes represented in the panj piyaray now...anyone else would be a violation of the "saroop" of the panj piyaray....

see the rediculousity (new word i made) of my argument above???...same goes for the women aren't the original panj piyaray argument...

anyhow...i'm tired of hearing what everyone THINKS ....can someone just tell us what akal takt says... so i can just shut off my brain and accept blindly..........thanks

the argument that only men stood up is rediculous....

we all know the castes of the five men who stood up...then why don't we only have those castes represented in the panj piyaray now...anyone else would be a violation of the "saroop" of the panj piyaray....

see the rediculousity (new word i made) of my argument above???...same goes for the women aren't the original panj piyaray argument...

anyhow...i'm tired of hearing what everyone THINKS ....can someone just tell us what akal takt says... so i can just shut off my brain and accept blindly..........thanks

thats it :wub:

has this issue not been discussed enough times already

wacko.gif

MOD: GURU PYAREE SADH SANGAT JEO,PLS STICK TO THE ORIGNAL POST,SIKHI DOESNT BELIVES IN CASTE AND GENDER,WE ALL ARE SAME IN THE EYES OF SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE,IF THE DEBATE CONTINUES REGARDING WOMEN OR MEN THE TOPIC WILL GET CLOSED ,SO PLS STICK TO ORIGNAL POST (AS WE NEED AMRIT FOR SALVATION)

http://www.mkhalsa.com/lit/femalepanj.html

"rehat is same and Amrit is same but Guru Ji asked for a head and no women stood up....Guru Ji could've chosen any woman but he didn't. No woman gave her head so why should women be in this seva? Five men stood up which was not a coincidence. "

Jeeo,

Think about this: Only 5 people from specific castes stood up as well. Does that mean Panj Pyare can only be khatri, jatt, water carrier, clothes washer, or barber?

What about a Chumar (shoe maker) or Tarkhan? Can they not be in the Panj Pyare then? Your whole argument is illogical. What about gorae Sikhs, some white person may have been there, and there definitely were those of Muslim descent, can they not be Panj Pyare either?

I keep hearing this argument again and again, but it makes no sense.

"If women be in Panj Pyare then it becomes Panj Pyareean."

is it not practice to call gursikhs in the "they" form. such as Baba Jarnail Singh Jee Bhindra Valae, not Bhindra Vala.. same for singhnee not valee but valae... thus it would still be punj pyarae.

Also, If women are in the Khalsa, why aren’t they called Khalsee? We are all Khalsa, regardless of gender.

"Women (men in this world, we all have female souls according to bani) are already in Panj Pyare. So what is the problem? All are women and women are in panj pyare. So nothing should change. Right? "

Right, nothing should chang

e, women are already in panj pyare and have been for hundreds of years, and will continue to be, whether they are women in human form or not. What needs to change is peoples attitudes.

Sat Sri Akal:

This is a very tough discussion. On one hand, the Sikh of the 20th Century stated that women should notbe part of the Panj Pyare. On the other hand is the Panthic Rehat Maryada, which states that women should be allowed to be part of the Panj Pyare.