Sikh Names

Jassika

I know how u feel.. well.. names actually does not make a huge difference.. and i think it's more like Cultural thing rather than about religious one rite.. cauz sikhi is universal and everything is accepted as long as it respects the rehit and khalsa lifestyle..

I heard that when a peson take amrit, that can be a very good time for a person to change his name.. like.. from now on i will be telling ppls my name is Bikram :D instead of my nick vicky.. u know wwhat i mean.. Anyway.. if u keep ur name is Jessica Kaur or Jessica kaur Khalsa etc.. then it's all fine :D (in my view)..

:T: Does having punjabi origin name makes any difference rather than having non-punjabi names... ?

i think i agree wid what Bikram singh veerji said... ^_^

it's more of a cultural thing than a religious...

so really dosen't matter.. but i can understand you're feelings towards your name.... don worry.. name's not gonna go wid you.. soul is... so keep it cool..

btw... you can change your name when you get amrit chak,.. as bikram veerji said... great timing... wubb.gif

bhul chuk di khima..

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

u know pehle me sochya ki jassika bhanje da naam jassi kaur he lolzzz but now i came now bhanjee is really jassika, bhanjee ur name is very good it dosent mind what a person name is, the more important is that behinD the name singh and kaur should be there and rehat also, take care GOOD LUCK FOR AMRIT CHAK

If your name's first letter was taken according to the Rehit Maryada then I guess it is ok.

You shouldn't worry if your name sounds English. It isn't really a big deal. Just find out if Guru Sahib gave a hukam when your parents picked your name or not.

you know what, your name could actually mean something in Punjabi. hehe..

Jessika = Sing the glories of ONE God!!

hehe jess (glory) + ik (one) + a

hehe.. am I making any sense?

:nihungsmile:

jassika:

if it bothers you, and it changes how you feel about yourself, either don't let it, or go ahead and change it, so that you're comfortable and so that it doesn't bother you. that's most important in the end, if you can be comfortable with every aspect of your life.

no it doesnt bother me the least bit anymore thanks to this awesome forum B)

hmm...

i duno.. i think names need to be chosen from gurbani.. its kind of an important sikh tradition.. not really anything to do with culture or punjabis etc.. i think choosing ur name from guru sahib gives you a special link to guru sahib.. you get reminded of him when ur name is called etc..

hmm...

i duno.. i think names need to be chosen from gurbani.. its kind of an important sikh tradition.. not really anything to do with culture or punjabis etc.. i think choosing ur name from guru sahib gives you a special link to guru sahib.. you get reminded of him when ur name is called etc..

yea i guess that reminder would be a plus but lots of people with sikh names arent even into sikhism and besides there many other things that can remind u of the guru like ur kara. i dont think a name matters too much because it actually changes ur meaning of the word by reffering to a person with it