... Help .. ?

Jaspaul Singh

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa,

Waheguroo ji ki fatehhh !

Im going through a very hard year right now since the new years started... nothing but sorrow/dukh. Can sangat help me ... cheer me up ?? What would everyone do when all you do all day is nothing .. and depressed all the time...

... all i do is either go to school, come home, play vaja, do paath, read bani, go on the comp .. and stare at the screen ...

.... need desperate help ........... anyone ............

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SikhForLife

get a hobby.. accomplish something.. help the poor.. Tutor kids.. volunteer at a hospital..

sometimes mild depressions like these are caused by a lack of purpose in life..

I found this, don't know if it's relevant for you....

Dukh and Sukh in our present life are the result of deeds done in our previous lives. Gurbani says on 1030 "Sukh dukh purab janam kay kiye, so jane jin datay diye. Kis tu dosh deh tu parani suh apna kiya karaa hai". We can reduce the pains and sufferings of this life by devoting time toward WaheGuru (Naam Japna, Paath, Keertan, changae karam karnae etc.). This will neutralize the effects of bad deeds done in the previous lives. Let us all devote at least 2.5 hours daily for Nitnem and all the time say WaheGuru in your mind. Repeating WaheGuru WaheGuru ..... WaheGuru is the most powerful way especially at Amrit vela. Keep doing that everyday without any break, not only your this life will be better but you will reap the benefits after this life also.

WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru WaheGuru

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa!

Waheguroo ji ki fateh!!

Singhji,

Do as much simran as you can.....the only way out of dukh is simran.....i guess if we attach ourselves to simran rather than anything else more we won't be sad and depressed....its hard.....its soo hard to do but so as much simran as u can...have faith in waheguroooo cuz in the end its only him who can help u....

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa!

Waheguroo ji ki fateh!!

I can relate, because I went throught the same thing when I was 14, crying for no reason, staring at the stairs with a weird look and the feeling that... Well, that's behind me. It's always going to be a fight. There's no denying that. When I was 15, I had to fight it all year round, thinking that if I fought it off through the winter, then I'd be all right, only to have it continue to pester me throughout the spring. I'm lucky this year, nothing even remotley similar to what was the hell that kept me down for two years. The one thing that helps me is amritvela. Getting up before the sun rises will make y ou deliriously happy (probably from the lack of sleep). It's can be fought, but it's something that only you and god can help you with. It'll be relentless, always attacking, but once it realizes that you can't be reached because you're under waheguru's protection, it'll stop. Good luck to you, and keep with the kirtan and paat.

I can relate, because I went throught the same thing when I was 14, crying for no reason, staring at the stairs with a weird look and the feeling that... Well, that's behind me. It's always going to be a fight. There's no denying that. When I was 15, I had to fight it all year round, thinking that if I fought it off through the winter, then I'd be all right, only to have it continue to pester me throughout the spring. I'm lucky this year, nothing even remotley similar to what was the hell that kept me down for two years. The one thing that helps me is amritvela. Getting up before the sun rises will make y ou deliriously happy (probably from the lack of sleep). It's can be fought, but it's something that only you and god can help you with. It'll be relentless, always attacking, but once it realizes that you can't be reached because you're under waheguru's protection, it'll stop. Good luck to you, and keep with the kirtan and paat.

.................... im almost 22

.............................................................its not the sleep either..