Question For The Bibian

Simran9

Question is mainly for bibian as I think they would know more bout this, but guys are also welcome to share their input...

juz wanted to know what the ladies think are some issues that affect sikh women in general....like in regards to becoming amritdhari, or practicing sikhi, or something else...anything....

:umm:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

umm...just some of the issues that i have observed so far..

1. Parents...dont want the girls to take amrit cuz they think they will not find an amritdhari singh...(makes me laugh...but its true...few people that i know say that there parents say that "if you take amrit, then it be so hard to find a guy for u" or that "take amrit after you get married" ..sounds familiar don't it?>>"do crazy stuff after you are marreid.. not till u under my roof" LOL.giftongue.gif )

2. peer pressure sometimes hold you back as well....that happens when you dont have sadhsangat.( know some people who say..they'll take amrit but not yet.)

3. some>>not being able to do "punjabi culture stuff" if you take amrit rolleyes.gif ex: dance

those are the only ones that i know of...

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

As a guy, I've noticed that there is a lot of emphasis put on girls to "find a husband", and usually as fast as humanly possible (ie: better be married before 20). So with that I think kaur_khalistani_lioness is right... basically the 'problem' specific to girls is that parents, relatives, and other pagals seem to believe that the only end in life is marry and have your 2 1/2 kids. Too little emphasis is put on Sikhi, and parents then don't seem to realize that at least if their daughter becomes amritdhari, that this step alone probably eliminates like 99.99% of the bad husbands... so you are only left with the few good ones :umm:

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I myself do not know much about it because my parents and relatives are very supportive of me for taking amrit and adopting sikh religious values and following sikhi lifestyle. But one thing i do know for sure.. Friends support.. If you have friends who will support you no matter what then i believe that you are set and you won't feel alone..

Besides that other communities won't see any difference or treat you different instead they will respect you more for your step. It's much problem in our own community :umm:

I think Gurpreet kaur's post is very nice and gives you kaurs viewpoint :cool:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

As a guy, I've noticed that there is a lot of emphasis put on girls to "find a husband", and usually as fast as humanly possible (ie: better be married before 20). So with that I think kaur_khalistani_lioness is right... basically the 'problem' specific to girls is that parents, relatives, and other pagals seem to believe that the only end in life is marry and have your 2 1/2 kids. Too little emphasis is put on Sikhi, and parents then don't seem to realize that at least if their daughter becomes amritdhari, that this step alone probably eliminates like 99.99% of the bad husbands... so you are only left with the few good ones

Exactly! Sikhi and Education is like taken away from most of the girls.They wont let you Amrit Shak coz ohh, you still have to get married, wt* ohh please, This "brown" culture needs get rid of their GIRL /BOY differences... it just pisses me off. Any good solutions to these problems... coz there is alot of wacko.gif btn me n relatives.

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

The problem of getting amritdhari match is not new now but merely talking about this problem will not solve problem. A website for amrithdhari matches or drop box sewa in gurudwara sahib for amritdhari boys & girls will helpful for solving this problem.

In India we are so many so called sikh matriominal service provider but most of them are having data base of punjabi or non amrithdari boys n gurls .

bhulla chukaa dee maufai

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa

Waheguruji Ki Fateh !!!!!!

I totally agree with kaur_khalistani_lioness phainji.

My case is a little different. I plan to shak amrit this year. that is 3 years after my marriage. my husband won't do it and isn't really supportive.

the issues brought up for me were change in looks. someone actually said"u won't look that pretty after amrit shak" :umm:

and similar materialistic and egoistic stuff.

and the most funny is, "u don't have to be an amritdhari to be a good sikh or a good human" and "not all amritdharis are good" these statements have their own arguements which i don't go into.

sangat jio, please do ardas for me pray.gif . i can't wait until baisakhi to be Guru Gobind Singhji's daughter.

I fully with you bhainji !!!

Some would say that the husband has to be amritdhari in order for the wife to be ... i dont agree with this ... :cool: ... and that the husband can be amritdhari but the wife has a choice ... :@ @ ......it should be equality ..... its upto the person.......

.... no one has the rite to put u down ji ..... be strong...... i hope guru ji does his kripa on u soon :umm:

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I only see one problem in the last two posts... often (not always, but often) one of the requirements when one takes amrit is that you may only marry another amritdhari... so how would you resolve that, already being married (or planning to) as an amitdhari, but marrying someone who sees no need for amrit??

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa

Waheguruji Ki Fateh !!!!!

Khalsa4ever paji/phainji,

actually i had similar doubts and i did talk to our Guru Ghar's Bhaisahib. he explained everything to me. Jus sharing what he said.

Amrit gives a person a new life. its the path chosen by the individual and its your personal relation with Waheguruji.

If my husband doesn't want to shak amrit, he should not hold me back. likewise u cannot force anybody to shak amrit. he said its all abt pyaar.

Mahamorakh paaapi me, made the best decision of my life after wasting 22 years.

i think if u aren't married its quite obvious that u will have an amritdhari partner but if u r already, don't let maya hold u back.

jus my 2 cents.

Bhul Chuk Maaf. i don't intend to offend anybody.

Waheguruji Ka Khalsa

Waheguruji Ki Fateh