Sikh's Divine Book?

Hi *Hello* :nihungsmile:

Here's a brief description of Guru Granth Sahib:

The Guru Granth Sahib (also known as the Adi Granth) is truely unique among the world's great scriptures. It is considered the Supreme Spiritual Authority and Head of the Sikh religion, rather than any living person. It is also the only scripture of it's kind which not only contains the works of it's own religious founders but also writings of people from other faiths. The living Guru of the Sikhs,(the scriptures) is held in great reverence by Sikhs and treated with the utmost respect. Sikhism rejects idol worship, so the Guru Granth Sahib is not worshipped as an idol, but rather emphasis is placed on respect of the scriptures for the writings which appear within. Guru Granth Sahib is a collection of devotional hymns and poetry which proclaims God, lays stress on meditation on the True Guru (God), and lays down moral and ethical rules for development of the soul, spiritual salvation and unity with God.

For more information you can always do a google search.

Here are some links on searching specific terms in Guru Granth Sahib or click on the links on the left for specified topics.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/search.asp

http://allaboutsikhs.com/

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Khalsa belongs to God, Victory to God

Im assuming your new to sikhism, If you want to download some gurbani files then you can download them here and read on your computer whenever.

http://www.gurbanifiles.org/

In every line of Guru Granth Sahib ji there is Truth, If we have faith in it then we are carried across this world ocean. Those who follow it with 100% faith are Gurmukhs, (the Guru's followers, and whatever they say is from the Guru)... but those who dont they are manmukhs (Followers of the mind, and whatever they say is from their own ego)

Also, Everyday in the ambrosial hours of the morning, A hukamnama is taken from the Golden Temple Amritsar, A Sikh is supposed to read it and follow it. Here is Todays Hukamnama.

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

Without the Lord, nothing is of any use. You are totally attached to that Enticer Maya; she is enticing you. || 1 || Pause || You shall have to leave behind your gold, your woman and your beautiful bed; you shall have to depart in an instant. You are entangled in the lures of sexual pleasures, and you are eating poisonous drugs. || 1 || You have built and adorned a palace of straw, and under it, you light a fire. Sitting all puffed-up in such a castle, you stubborn-minded fool, what do you think you will gain? || 2 || The five thieves stand over your head and seize you. Grabbing you by your hair, they will drive you on. You do not see them, you blind and ignorant fool; intoxicated with ego, you just keep sleeping. || 3 || The net has been spread out, and the bait has been scattered; like a bird, you are being trapped. Says Nanak, my bonds have been broken; I meditate on the True Guru, the Primal Being. || 4 || 2 || 88 ||

Wednesday, 26 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 821)

Maya is the illusion and she has control over the five thieves (anger, greed, lust, attachment, pride/ego)

Gurfateh!!

Hi *Hello* hope your research goes well, and its nice to knwo your interested. I just have one humble request:

Please refrain from printing any Gurmukhi/ Gurbani/ Religious text, by all means view it and study it on your PC, but please refrain from printing it, as it must be handled with utmost respect and can not be thrown away.

Thank you <_<

Hope your study goes well.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gurfateh!!

Sat Sri Akal:

Bilja Singh Ji means that Sikhs do not find it appropriate to label the Guru Granth Sahib as a mere "book". The Guru Granth Sahib was composed by six of the Gurus, Guru Nanak Sahib, Guru Angad Sahib, Guru Amar Das Sahib, Guru Raam Das Sahib, Guru Arjun Sahib and Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib. The final embodiment of this was done by the Tenth Guru, Guru Gobind Singh Ji. The final composition took place in the first decade of the 1700's (the exact year escapes me at the moment). The Gurus held the Guru Granth Sahib in high regard and would sit below it when it was present. Sikhs were instructed to look upon the Guru Granth Sahib as the guiding light by the Tenth Guru before passing away. The Guru Granth Sahib embodies the principles, the teachings and the very essence of the Gurus...so it is accorded with the most Supreme of respect.

As per science in the Guru Granth Sahib...it is indeed present. The Guru Granth Sahib states that there are thousands upon millions of planets, stars. It discusses the Almighty's Will can re-aminate dried up plants, which is absolutely true, as there are "dessicated-tolerant plants" that dry and look dead, but become alive when immersed in water. The Guru Granth Sahib also as psychology embodied in it, targeting the state of humanity's internal struggles and points to the resolution of these struggles. Much more than this exists in the Guru Granth Sahib and can only be realized by those who read it.

Hope this helps.

Hi *hello* (yh, yh, everyone's doing it... but its funny)

I dont have a lot of time but yh, there is a lot of Science in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib! It covers things like: cosmology, creation, laws of motion, laws of nature, the moon, and more (that i can't remember off the top of my head). It also covers social sciences such as politics or law. Even democracy and communism!

well i can't really think of anymore, and have to get back to Calculus.

Hi,

Thanks for the info, also I was wondering is there any kind of science in your book. And when was it written? And who wrote it?

-thanks <_<

88318[/snapback]

Hi Hello,

I will assume you're looking for a book that compares Sikhism to Science, try this link, right click on link and save target as, hopefully it helps

Sikh Religion and Science

Sat Sri Akal