A True Gursikh Wedding???

Akaali

Guest Akaal108

Perhaps they like punjabi culture.. correct me if i m wrong most of the gorreh's do spent quite a bit of a time in india.. so they adapted indian folk dance culture living in indian in the venture of their interest in sikh dharam.

and N30 Singh Jee, can you please tell me how the tukh that you have given above supports Naach? it says hasandi-aa, khaylandi-a, painandi-aa, khaavandi-aa, but notice it does not say 'Nachdi-aa'(dancing).

First you can tell me, why nachna in the time of hapiness is consider "TABOO" in katar culture of some cults, sects etc and playing soccer, bastekball, volleyball , cricket is NOT?

Yes we shouldn't listen or dance on dirty lyrics.

But there are enough clean songs in punjabi culture.

And also one may say - playing sports is good for health but one may also say - dancing is also consider good for health (ie- bhangra, break dance, salsa etc. ..it's just different way of lookin at things from different point of view...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people do old "rustic" african dances on marriages or on functions. Whats wrong with gidha? Gidha is still in and loved by people who look cultural aspect f punjab.

The couple never claimed that its a gursikh wedding. I have seen many marriages (in punjab) and all of them were worst if I compare to the photographs of the above marriage.

I do not support dancing in marriages but I do care for emotions of certain people who want to celebrate the occasion by dancing.

N30 Singh, for someone like you who has only been into Sikh Dharm for the last 2-3 years, I understand that some aspects of Sikhi may seem ‘Kattar’ to you. As I understand it, you were a mona a few years ago, so you may still be confusing Punjabi culture with that of Sikh culture. It seems like you still have a soft side in your heart for Punjabi culture, similar to how Lalleshwari still has a softside in his heart for Shia Islam as he was once very serious about Shai’ism. I don’t blame you for still harbouring such pro Punjabi culture feelings. It’s only natural that a person will still have a sense of belonging to his cultural traditions whether they be right or wrong. The important thing is, not to follow such cultural traditions if it clashes with Sikh culture i.e. female infanticide, casteism, Naach, Sharab-kawaab etc….

Guest Akaal108

Singh 47, I suggest you should not make post personal by bringin me into this thread or my life style .. if you are curious to know about me.. i have pmed you my phone number few times...i ll tell you what i like or don't like on the phone...

The important thing is, not to follow such cultural traditions if it clashes with Sikh culture i.e. female infanticide, casteism, Naach, Sharab-kawaab etc….

this is funny...let's see if you complaining about casetism in punjabi culture ..then look no further.. same casteism jack **** exist in soo called sikh culture of yours- where one jatha's member wouldn't get married with another jatha member.

Then you got pakhand kirtan on bollywood tunes in main stream sikhi becoming common trend.

Then you got soo called gatka praticitioners/circus artists hijacking name of shastar vidiya and putting on their logo's calling this circus an real art.

Then you got so called sgpc destroying old birs and gutka's.

Then you got soo called kar seva waley babai's destroying sikh art hertiage in golden temple.

Real Sikh Culture- Martial tradition, Raag tradition, Caligarphy tradition (all have lost ) Thanks to sects, cults, fake sant/baba's.

Yes sikh culture and punjabi culture are different. But if you don't follow exact enrich sikh culture in it's orginal form then you have no right to *WHINE* about punjabi culture.

over and out !

N30 Singh, no need to get annoyed. It was not meant as a personal attack on you or anyone. But the truth of the matter is, when a person is living a lifestyle for ages and has a drastic U turn to a new lifestyle, ones former lifestyle is bound to stay as a residue which will influence ones judgment, character, behaviour, thoughts, and general out look of the world. It’s very difficult to avoid the strong influences of ones former lifestyle.

For me, Guru jee did kirpa that I was in Sikh culture since childhood, so I literally grew up in Sikh culture as opposed to Punjabi culture. As a result, I was able to distinguish between Sikh culture and Punjabi culture. I just hope that one day you will also be better able to understand what I am saying and learn to distinguish between Punjabi culture and Sikh culture rather than bringing upon a fusion between the two.

"this is funny...let's see if you complaining about casetism in punjabi culture ..then look no further.. same casteism jack **** exist in soo called sikh culture of yours- where one jatha's member wouldn't get married with another jatha member."
So you are following Punjabi culture because a lot of Sikhs follow it as well? so your logic is, if others do wrong, then I am also going to do wrong... you are confusing inter-Jatha politics with the caste system of Punjabi culture. This is the fusion I was talking about. You are basically mixing two unrelated issues as the same. This is exactly what I was talking about. Your former lifestyle i.e. Punjabi culture is literally influencing your perception. You are perceiving this in terms of Punjabi culture's caste-system.
"Then you got pakhand kirtan on bollywood tunes in main stream sikhi becoming common trend."

I agree, please don’t leave out all those babay who also do kachia dharna in non-raag tunes.

Then you got soo called gatka praticitioners/circus artists hijacking name of shastar vidiya and putting on their logo's calling this circus an real art.
just a few years ago, your friends use to call it 'Chatka-Gatka'. Frankly, I'm a little confused as to how many names this new super duper secretive 'martial art' has.
Then you got soo called kar seva waley babai's destroying sikh art hertiage in golden temple

Most of the Karseva walay babay have the title 'Sant' attached to their names and are part of the Sant Samaj. So does that mean you are doing Nindya of your beloved Babas as well?

Yes sikh culture and punjabi culture are different. But if you don't follow exact enrich sikh culture in it's orginal form then you have no right to *WHINE* about punjabi culture.

How do you know what is 'exact' Sikh culture? Naach certainly is not part of today’s sikh culture nor part of sanatan culture. I have never read/seen/heard of Udasis/Nihangs doing Naach. Maybe on Mars they do, but here on earth they most certainly do NOT!

N30 Singh, no need to get annoyed.  It was not meant as a personal attack on you or anyone.  But the truth of the matter is, when a person is living a lifestyle for ages and has a drastic U turn to a new lifestyle, ones former lifestyle is bound to stay as a residue which will influence ones judgment, character, behaviour, thoughts, and general out look of the world.  It’s very difficult to avoid the strong influences of ones former lifestyle. 

For me, Guru jee did kirpa that I was in Sikh culture since childhood, so I literally grew up in Sikh culture as opposed to Punjabi culture.  As a result, I was able to distinguish between Sikh culture and Punjabi culture.  I just hope that one day you will also be better able to understand what I am saying and learn to distinguish between Punjabi culture and Sikh culture rather than bringing upon a fusion between the two.

Veer ji i've got few questions.

How can you as an individual distinguish between the 2 cultures without having a natural biased view towards the only cutlure you grew up in? How can you distinguish between dancing and non dancing when you have only known non-dancing (assuming you've never danced).

Fusion is certain cases does not seem like a bad thing. Putting myself in Neo's position, i would be able to better distnguish between the cultures knowing both cultures by experience. To know when Dancing is 'ok' and when it is not.

To me it doesn't matter if one is dancing, but what matters is the intent of one dancing.

to all the liberals out there

you say that affection can be shown in any way you want is totally wrong

did any of your guru sahibaan kissed on their wedding days??????

what does dhan guru granth sahib ji tells us about affection....and ties with your human relatives?????

why do liberals have to support maanmaat and not agree with dhan guru granth sahib ji

and those who talk about sikh culture there is no culture

culture evolves but sikhi doesnot evolve. sikhi is complete

sikhi is a way of life and is for an individual not a population

cultures are limited to populations in specific areas