how do gore pronounce your name?

Singhstah

This is just crazy.... bahahahaha

Laughing myself offffff... LOL.gif

JSS, I sat there five minutes testing how it sounded with U instead of as in ur name.. and you're right!

It seems to sound better.

Saajin sounds very dodgy...was it meant to be sajjan as in ਸਜਣ or ਸਾਜਨ ?

Lol @ naming all of your Kids Heera.... (littearlly sat there for five minutes trying testing how 'heera' sound in jamaican..lol LOL.gif ) d_oh.gif

Perhaps I should get back to preparations for bio exam tomorrow pray.gif

and i would say punjabi's are really hopeless at pronouncing some english names... this thread is a disgrace to "white" sikhs/non sikhs. I'm going to request this thread be closed.

reported.

Bindy Bhaji, this is no dig at anyone This has nothing to do with white SIkhs or non Sikhs. This is just a thread where our western Sikh sisters and brothers share the funny experiences they've had when their friends/mate/colleages try to pronounced their Punjabi Names. This is not a disgraces to anyone..it's just a way to have a laugh at the way (at times..very funny) ways some people pronouce our names...

Cheer up bro :TH:

Bhull Chukk Maaf

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought this might be a funny topic, because gore really are hopeless at pronouncing apne names. (my name is uttam)

and i would say punjabi's are really hopeless at pronouncing some english names... this thread is a disgrace to "white" sikhs/non sikhs. I'm going to request this thread be closed.

reported.

hahaahha

funniest post ever

its not a disgrace, lets talk about how indians pronoucne gore names? that would be funny aswell!

notice the section its to have fun and make jokes, some ppl may find jokes offensive, etc then dont open this thread u dont have to ruin it for everyone

omg!! this thread is funni

i have exactly 1000 nicknames by the time i left sixth form, we put em in the year book lol. I think its cos i was popular, but some ppl might think i got bullied to the extreme loll

but iv had goray callin me

pa - wan-der

Pa- windoooor

pa windor

paul winder

pow winder

i thought this might be a funny topic, because gore really are hopeless at pronouncing apne names. (my name is uttam)

reported.

hahaahha

funniest post ever

its not a disgrace, lets talk about how indians pronoucne gore names? that would be funny aswell!

notice the section its to have fun and make jokes, some ppl may find jokes offensive, etc then dont open this thread u dont have to ruin it for everyone

making jokes at other's people culture and language expense is not funny, and i made this thread???? grin.gif

Regardind the nicknames..

Once we start telling gore to call us by nicknames (Pav, Amar, Indi, Nav, Jaije (for the Punjabi boys out there...) etc)...what's the point?

Are we ashamed of our names?

I mean, seriously fair enough most westerns make mistakes pronouncing the names, but as jss jee said.. there's a solution... bring a trick into it!

You name is from a letter brought from Maharaj. Hopefully.. you'd like beutiful names like Simran, Jasjeet, Amarpreet etc (which actually have a meaning that can remind us, what we're hear to do....)

Our names are who we are, or should be. Let's have pride over the name we have been blessed with....

Sorry for brinig this in :lol:

Keep posting.. the way your names are pronounced is jus jokes.... LOL.gif

well it's ture, one should not forget their names now change heir name to suit someone elses style... that's why why instead of singh, i'll be using lionchild... hehe, they both essentialy mean the same thing, yeah it is difficult learning punjabi names... alot of ppl around here just use western names instead of their real names, i dunno why, but they do.

lolzzz

my names Simranjit

and ppl call me

sim-ran (she RAN)

sim-ran-jit (as in like '<banned word filter activated>') no.gif

sim-ram-ji

simone

sam

simo

sim

simz

sushi :lol:

samantha :wub: @

dim-sim

the sims :@

simmer

and the list goes on and on and on

This is a tad-bit funny...one time a punjabi girl came to our house....

My mom I think opened the door....and the girls like..."Sa-MAAN haigaa aa??"

My mom's like...."kehraa samaan??"

LOL.gif

LMAO I can just imagine a mum saying that. LOL.gifLOL.gif

I remember watching 'Neighbours' once, and my dad's massi had to come to stay with us from India.

She was watching it and i told her the names of the characters.

And it was so funny....

Madge - Cow this one cracked me up. (she said 'Eh kindan da naa')

Lucy - Burnt

Cody - is that what they say in Kabaddi but said quickly sounds like codi?