Kent gurdwhara got firebombed!

Guest rsingh

waheguroo

www.panthic.org

Breaking News : Kent Gurdwara firebombed, suggests hate crime

Sikh Community raised fears of a repeat of 9/11 backlash on Sikhs there fears came true. Panthic Weekly has received reports of possible backlash against British Sikhs yesterday with reports of suspicious fire started a Gurdwara sahib in Kent. It is thought to have been a fire bomb thrown at the Sikh place of worship. Police have confirmed that tension around the country have been increased by the bombings in London this week. Meetings were being...........

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its strange that how UK and sikh had ties (good and bad) since 1840's and still the small country citizen doesn't know much about sikhs and its differences with other religions. I would encourage that we should get behind ONE organization and spread the mass media (don't do it for short term goal).. I would highly encourage to Sikh Federation to Come up with something about mass media campaign of "Who sikhs are" and we all will support it and will try to make sure that everyone should know who sikhs are (By tv advertisement, radio, newspaper, magazine and so on..) It's expensive project but once its rolling and we will see it's positive result. That's the only solution we have right now !!

oh yeh.. rsingh veerje.. if you have news or article or post.. either type it whole or just don't type it at all.. advertising links isn't good or keep it limit jee.. don't take it as offense jee.

The US Justice Department released a poster showing the difference between sikhs and muslims after 9/11 but the UK didnt and still havent after this attack no.gif

The British Government should be ashamed of itself. The sikh groups have been doing everythin possible since they found out about this attack- i think we all should try and do our bit to create awareness- create small videos, posters, leaflets...

:doh:

Its strange that how UK and sikh had ties (good and bad) since 1840's and still the small country citizen doesn't know much about sikhs and its differences with other religions. I would encourage that we should get behind ONE organization and spread the mass media (don't do it for short term goal).. I would highly encourage to Sikh Federation to Come up with something about mass media campaign of "Who sikhs are" and we all will support it and will try to make sure that everyone should know who sikhs are (By tv advertisement, radio, newspaper, magazine and so on..) It's expensive project but once its rolling and we will see it's positive result. That's the only solution we have right now !!

oh yeh.. rsingh veerje.. if you have news or article or post.. either type it whole or just don't type it at all.. advertising links isn't good or keep it limit jee.. don't take it as offense jee.

107984[/snapback]

It is not that bad in the UK. I was in Holland last November and a lot of well dressed business men catching flights thought it was funny to say Allah hu Akbar as they walked past me. Never had this in the UK. Relative to many European nations the people of the UK are better informed.

Even the bigoted BNP/NF make a distinction between Sikhs and Muslims (yes it may be for divide and rule motives) but they openly say that Sikhs are hard working wheras muslims are known/stereotyped for being dole dossers.

I would be good if the Sikh Fed could do mass media projects but as you say it is expensive and I doubt the Sikh Fed have that much money to spare.

I can't believe the Politicians in England don't mention Sikhs...The first thing everyone recognizes when they land at London's Heathrow Airport are all the sardars!( I have a few relatives working thereas does like everyone else) I mean aren't there tons of Sikhs in England....?! How do Hindus always manage to get mentioned by the press and politicians when it is the Sikhs with turbans who get the backlash?! Maybe some "moderate" Sikhs are calling themselves Hindus, I've seen it happen before....I guess all those years of the Indian gov't calling Sikhs Hindus is paying off, for India.

Living in america I wasn't shocked that Gorre didn't know who Sikhs were, but England, I am dumbfounded....

I can't believe the Politicians in England don't mention Sikhs...The first thing everyone recognizes when they land at London's Heathrow Airport are all the sardars!( I have a few relatives working thereas does like everyone else)  I mean aren't there tons of Sikhs in England....?!  How do Hindus always manage to get mentioned by the press and politicians when it is the Sikhs with turbans who get the backlash?!  Maybe some "moderate" Sikhs are calling themselves Hindus, I've seen it happen before....I guess all those years of the Indian gov't calling Sikhs Hindus is paying off, for India.

Living in america I wasn't shocked that Gorre didn't know who Sikhs were, but England, I am dumbfounded....

108027[/snapback]

true...the only person who I heard talk about Sikhs mite being targetted again was a muslim leader inyat bungerwala....who talked sense...condemed the bombings and told his radio interviewer that racists not only targetted a mosque but also a Sikh temple.

We need a leader on the media stations right now like this guy....I nominate mohan singh of bham....he spoke the best when Sikhs were in the news last year with that threatre incident.