Shaheed Udam & Bhagat Singh

Guest Ek Singh

Guest Ek Singh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

Sorry for my ignorance, but im not sure, do Sikhs respect Udam Singh and Bhagat Singh Shaheeds or is it just Hindus releasing all them films for Sikhs who do not know their history that well to make it look like Sikhs died for Indian Independence and why should they ask for Khalistan.

Also, those of you who have been going India lately may have noticed that Shaheed Bhagat Singh photos are everywhere now - from lorries to motorcycles, a lot of the youth are into it as well, whereas you also may know that other more recent Sikh leaders such as Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindranwale are unknown to the youth and obviously the stupid government has banned all photos of Sant Ji in India!!!

I've also heard some dfferent arguments about Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji not visiting Bhagat Singh in jail because he cut his hair or something.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone, because im not really sure to which extent Sikhs take pride in the sacrifices of Shaheed Udam Singh and Bhagat Singh.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do Sikhs respect Udam Singh and Bhagat Singh Shaheeds or is it just Hindus releasing all them films for Sikhs who do not know their history that well to make it look like Sikhs died for Indian Independence and why should they ask for Khalistan.
actually that could very well be true
I've also heard some dfferent arguments about Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh Ji not visiting Bhagat Singh in jail because he cut his hair or something.
Bhaisahib Bhai Randheer Singh Ji did meet Shaheed Bhagat Singh after the latter promised to keep his kesh uncut. He also admitted that he didn't shoot Saunders (if u dunno what i m talking about, watch the movie...lol) but took the blame on himself for glory.

At the end of the day, I have full respect for both these shaheeds, and all other martyrs who sacrificed their lives for their religion, country, or any just cause (i said martyrs and it doesn't refer to those lunatic suicide bombers coz they aint no martyrs for me), no matter what country or religion they belonged to.

• 5 months later...

AS far as i know Bhagat Singh was an ATHEIST...he converted in his later years.

He wrote an essay abot it...search it in Google...its a very interesting read.

I think its called Why I am an Atheist

Just a clarification...i have a lot of respect for Bhagat Singh

Sorry for my ignorance, but im not sure, do Sikhs respect Udam Singh and Bhagat Singh Shaheeds or is it just Hindus releasing all them films for Sikhs who do not know their history that well to make it look like Sikhs died for Indian Independence and why should they ask for Khalistan.

Of course they respect them. Sikhs are well aware of these martyrs and their contribution to Indias freedom.

And yes Bhagat was an atheist. He wrote an article while in jail, "Why I am an atheist"

I respect them, they gave sacrificed their lives for humanity. Sikhs are well aware of these martyrs and their contribution to Indias freedom.

The movie "Shaheed Udham Singh" was not released by a Hindu, neither was "Shaheed-e-Azam"

And yes Bhagat was an atheist. He wrote an article while in jail, "Why I am an atheist"