Death. How Did U Deal With It?

Guest confused

Guest confused

how did u guys deal with loosing close loved ones????

did it bring u closer to god or not???

im probably guessing most replys are going to be sayin do as much simran and read bani etc but i mean the other stuff....at home with family,school/colege/work,friends etc etc etc

Not a long reply here but I guess it just depends where you are on your spiritual path to Waheguru, how far you understand what it means...

Some feel detachment, loss, anger, fear, frustration. It takes them time to heal. They may blame God, blame themselves, blame others, but in the end it's just a by-product of our own attachment (or "Moh") at the root.

Others just know and understand that we are all under Waheguru's hukam and belong only to Him. Death is a just a phase, nothing more, nothing less. They accept each moment in life, including all it's ups and downs, as precious gifts.

Others are somewhere in between...

Regards

Gursharan Singh

Aaur muey ikAw roeIAY jau Awpw iQru n rhwie ] (337-17, gauVI, Bgq kbIr jI)

a-or mu-ay ki-aa ro-ee-ai ja-o aapaa thir na rahaa-ay.

Why should we weep at the death of others, when we ourselves are not permanent?

jo aupjY so ibnis hY duKu kir rovY blwie ]2] (337-17, gauVI, Bgq kbIr jI)

jo upjai so binas hai dukh kar rovai balaa-ay. ||2||

Whoever is born shall pass away; why should we cry out in grief? ||2||

jh kI aupjI qh rcI pIvq mrdn lwg ] (337-18, gauVI, Bgq kbIr jI)

jah kee upjee tah rachee peevat mardan laag.

We are re-absorbed into the One from whom we came; drink in the Lord's essence, and remain attached to Him.

kih kbIr iciq cyiqAw rwm ismir bYrwg ]3]2]13]64] (337-18, gauVI, Bgq kbIr jI)

kahi kabeer chit chayti-aa raam simar bairaag. ||3||2||13||64||

Says Kabeer, my consciousness is filled with thoughts of remembrance of the Lord; I have become detached from the world. ||3||2||13||64||

I know this is easier said than done but we should always look to Baani for support and comfort.

peace.

how did u guys deal with loosing close loved ones????

did it bring u closer to god or not???

im probably guessing most replys are going to be sayin do as much simran and read bani etc but i mean the other stuff....at home with family,school/colege/work,friends etc etc etc

116811[/snapback]

wjkk

wjkf

i am going to tell you about personal exprience i lost my beloved elder sister when i was 12 yrs old.my father became angry with the god.he stopped doing all the paath.i was also religious a child.but after watching my father i to drifted away from the god.it took many years for our family to become religious again

I was very close to my grandmother, and when she passed away i was devastated. But about a month after, i had a vision of her and she was happy and radiant. i also had many dreams where i met up with her and we would hug and talk. This brought me closer to my spirituality. i then knew that there was life after death... and that despite them not being physically here right now, they are in the emotional spiritual astral etc levels. they have not left us, when we remember them... they are there.

they also have their path to follow. other worlds and lives to live. other experiences to have. this life is like a tiny layer in an infinit stack of worlds and lives. accept that their spirit is never too far away... but that sometimes you have to let them go along their own paths. but the love will always remain!

Sat Sri Akal:

Talking about it with your family would be good. It helps to share the pain, and that would help you accept much more quickly.

Also, please do remember what things that that person taught with you, shared with you and left with you in your mind...that is something that will not die.

but how did u guys deal with it when it came to family,friends,work etc etc who helped u? or did u have nobody to speak 2?

116911[/snapback]

I spoke 2 my closest m8. I found out that it helped by talking to someone you trust and know will listen to you. It helps.