colours

Mkhalsa

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

HAHAHAHA! Dont worry rochak malang. According to the reight maryada ( taksali, original), RED and GREEN are forbidden. Its as simple as that. People can argue against it, but theres no point because the maryada is not wrong, now is it? A khalsa ( sikh) should try to wear only blue, white, orange, and black, the four khalsa colours. Avoid all other colours, but red and green can never be worn, never.

BHULL CHUKK MAFF

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok this is going no where, even if you look at sants and mahapurshs they never wore anything but thre khalsa colours. YOu never see bhai randheer singh wereing anything besides blue or black in his picture, you never see sant jaranil singh bhinderanwale were anything exept blue, white and orange, sant ishar signh always wore all white, but you never see them wereing green red or some next colour. Our job is to be like these people so shouldnt we follow the way they lived with these simple khalsa colours guru ji even gave a hukam to only were them so why question it.

Veer ji, so how would u suppose we understand what we are following???  Gurus are not against Science or are they??

WAHEGUROO JI KA KHALSA WAHEGUROO JI KI FATEH!

no where in my post did i mention or imply that Guru Sahibaah were against science, my point is that ppl are trying to use science to explain gurmat which is impossible to do. to understand siihi u must exsperience it

can science explain how reciting a word (gurmantar) brings the mind under control? can it explain how gurmantar washes sins? can science explain

can science explain to effects of bibek or simran?

no these must be exsperieced on your own, worldly science is limited while the science of gurmat is immeasureably deep, Guru Ji alone explain his hukams to his gursikhs. :i:

ur second question mkhalsa answered.

WAHEGUROO JI KA KHALSA WAHEGUROO JI KI FATEH!

Guest balwinderkaur
my keski is pretty much always blue (orange when i run out of clean 1s) cuz it is specifically stated the keski must be blue....

could u tell me where did they state it specifically veerjee???? thanks. but i suppose black is ok hunna?? i wear black keski when i run out of blue ones...orange doesnt suit me. tongue.gif

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• was researching this and came back to this thread. Also found an older thread:    
    • Net pay after taxes. If you don't agree, think about this: If you were a trader and started off in China with silk that cost 100 rupees and came to India, and you had to pay total 800 rupees taxes at every small kingdom along the way, and then sold your goods for 1000 rupees, you'd have 100 rupees left, right? If your daswandh is on the gross, that's 100 rupees, meaning you have nothing left. Obviously, you owe only 10% of 100, not 10% of 1000. No, it's 10% before bills and other expenses. These expenses are not your expenses to earn money. They are consumption. If you are a business owner, you take out all expenses, including rent, shop electricity, cost of goods sold, advertising, and government taxes. Whatever is left is your profit and you owe 10% of that.  If you are an employee, you are also entitled to deduct the cost of earning money. That would be government taxes. Everything else is consumption.    
    • No, bro, it's simply not true that no one talks about Simran. Where did you hear that? Swingdon? The entire Sikh world talks about doing Simran, whether it's Maskeen ji, Giani Pinderpal Singh, Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi, or Sants. So what are you talking about? Agreed. Agreed. Well, if every bani were exactly the same, then why would Guru ji even write anything after writing Japji Sahib? We should all enjoy all the banis. No, Gurbani tells you to do Simran, but it's not just "the manual". Gurbani itself also has cleansing powers. I'm not saying not to do Simran. Do it. But Gurbani is not merely "the manual". Reading and singing Gurbani is spiritually helpful: ਪ੍ਰਭ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਭਾਖਿਆ ॥  ਗਾਵਹੁ ਸੁਣਹੁ ਪੜਹੁ ਨਿਤ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੈ ਤੂ ਰਾਖਿਆ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The Lord's Bani and the words are the best utterances. Ever sing hear and recite them, O brother and the Perfect Guru shall save thee. Pause. p611 Here Guru ji shows the importance of both Bani and Naam: ਆਇਓ ਸੁਨਨ ਪੜਨ ਕਉ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿ ਲਗਹਿ ਅਨ ਲਾਲਚਿ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਪਰਾਣੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ The mortal has come to hear and utter Bani. Forgetting the Name thou attached thyself to other desires. Vain is thy life, O mortal. Pause. p1219 Are there any house manuals that say to read and sing the house manual?
    • All of these are suppositions, bro. Linguists know that, generally, all the social classes of a physical area speak the same language, though some classes may use more advanced vocabulary. I'm talking about the syntax. That is, unless the King is an invader, which Porus was not. When you say Punjabi wasn't very evolved, what do you mean? The syntax must have been roughly the same. As for vocabulary, do you really think Punjabis at the time did nothing more than grunt to express their thoughts? That they had no shades of meaning? Such as hot/cold, red/yellow/blue, angry/sweet/loving/sad, etc? Why must we always have an inferiority complex?
    • I still think about that incident now and then, just haven't heard any developments regarding what happened, just like so many other things that have happened in Panjab!

Important Information

Terms of Use