Sikhs In The Square

rKr

I agree that seeing the photos and videos of Sant Jarnail Singh on the big screen in the Square was just amazing. d_oh.gif

131600[/snapback]

Totally, seeing the pictures of such greats up on a giant screen was amazing. The picture I posted earlier that were taken of Nelson Column from afar with a big screen at the bottom; with Sant Ji on them - love 'em.

There were a few technical hitches yesterday; the loss of sound midway through two video clips; we're not sure why as I have checked the clips out again and they are fine. But for any mistakes that were made Bhul chuk marfi karni.

Gurfateh

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amorphous Paaj, I'm sure someone mentioned something about changing all the flags arounf Trafalger to Nishaan Saahibs... could it have been our very own Taksali Singh! - So I think next year, as well as the dastaars on the lions, we'll aim for that one too :lol:

Fanastic seva by the 5 young Punj yesterday. Excellent Ardas - very well done. The way those jarkaree rang around the Sq was mazing - totally reverberated around the Sq.

I think we should sneak down the night before and do the Lion statues - Taksali SIngh - you up for it ;-)

131615[/snapback]

Amorphous Singh lets do it!!! When do you want to hook up and discuss military tactics?? :umm:

The event as a whole was totally amazing, unfortunatly i was busy elsewhere and so could not watch the videos, nor take part in the candlelight vigil; however, what i did see was truly amazing...shame about the weather but it was great to see Guroo's roop within the Sangat of young Sikhs. :umm: HUGEEEEEE Thanks to organisers and those that helped make yesterdays event one to remember! And like it was mentioned yesterday... THIS IS ONLY THE START!!!!!!!

Sikhs In The Square ZINDAABAAAAAAAD! :@

ps. I nominate Amorphous Singh Paji as Nov/Dec YOM! Such a wicked guy!!! :@

Taksali Singh Bhaji, the ardas was just amazing..

d_oh.gif   d_oh.gif   d_oh.gif

131621[/snapback]

I heard!!!!

MAAHAARAAJ is WICKED huna, THEY did an AMAZING ARDAAS!!!!

Maerae Har Jeeo Sabh Ko Taerai Vas...

131622[/snapback]

I second that - The Ardaas was very nice! d_oh.gif

Event overall was excellent and I think all the organisers behind the scenes should get a big thankyou from everyone for thier months of hard work and effort into making yesterday a great success!!!

All the people who made the speeches did an excellent job and the videos shown in between and the widow one in the end was brilliant!!!

post-3838-1131385361_thumb.jpg

The speech towards the end by the Chair of The Sikh Federation (UK) - Bhai Amrik Singh Ji Gill - was very encouraging to the youth and he gave a nice straight answer and shock to those that think only THEY can run the Gurdwara's and that the events of 1984 have happened and should be now forgotten!!!

With Vaheguroo's Kirpa, the rain stopped in time for the Candle Lighting and our Shaheeds and those killed in November 84 were remembered by all - hopefully the event made those with doubt think again - that YES, we should ALWAYS remember and NEVER FORGET 1984!!!

d_oh.gif Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

was very encouraging to the youth and he gave a nice straight answer and shock to those that think only THEY can run the Gurdwara's

That was wicked when he said that.. :lol:

131682[/snapback]

Yeh 100% Wicked!!! - I reckon that has got to be ONE of Bhai Amrik Singh Ji's most powerful and dramatic speeches!!!

d_oh.gif Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

All the speakers were great.  :TH:

For those who weren't there; the vast majority of the speakers were young female Sikhs. Each one was excellent.

To finish off the event the video which was shown at the end - The Widows Colony was really emotional and sad.  no.gif   :'(  :'(

That was the trailer - 13mins long. The full movie is 2 hours long. Sach Productions need financial help to finis this off - if you can help them financially pls do try. Their web site is http://www.sachproductions.org/index.php

131617[/snapback]

i didnt get to watch the Widows colony video b4 & just watched it now.... its so bad what happened... its like they've been forgotten completely by us

Vaheguroo Vaheguroo Vaheguroo Vaheguroo Vaheguroo