Amrit & Wife

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sangat ji,

I am new to this forum & am still discovering Sikhi. I know this is a Youth forum & I might be a bit old for it (28 years old).

I have been married for 5 years and have 2 kids. When I met my wife 6 or so years ago, I was not really interested in Sikhi. I ate meat, drank alcohol and even smoked up until 2 years ago. Over the last couple of years I have really been overwhelmed with Sikhi. Everyday I fall more & more in love with Sikhi. I have grown my hair, wear a pug. I am trying to learn & understand Gurbani. All in all I want to chak amrit & will be this coming Vaisakhi.

My wife is brilliant & supportive. I love her dearly and she is always encouraging. She does not want chak amrit.

She understands that I want to chak amrit and I understand that she does not want to chak amrit.

What are the Sangat's opinion on whether it is against Gurmat for me to chak amrit and my wife not to?

According to postings on the AKJ website, you cannot be a married couple unless both of you are amritdharis.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

veerjeo according to akal takhats rehat u can amrit chak if ur wife dosent wants also ull get amrit rolleyes.gif and u can become amritdhari ,and do inspire bhenjee to take amrit beacuse itll be very good if u both are amritdhari itll be more easy for both of u jee.,take care and very much best of luck for ur amrit shak. wubb.gifwubb.gifwubb.gif

veer ji,

Be happy that she supports you in your quest to take Amrit. Perhaps she feels she isn't ready for it. Let her deal with it on her own. But be there to support her when she feels she is ready to do so. Trust me when she sees that you have taken Amrit, within her a spark will arise that will guide her and who knows being in the company of a Gursikh Amritdhari isn't just a everyday thing Perhaps she'll get Influenced by you.

Waheguru.

Finally.. Something worth reading on this site... A real life story of a Veer who would like to become a true sikh... very inspirational... i wish more people would follow in your footsteps to try and find Guru Jee. As for your situation, I think it is all good if she's not feeling it yet. She will do it when the time comes, but like one of the previous posts said, try to convince her to do it. Show her all the positives of doing it and leave the rest up to Guru Jee. I have nothing but endless respect for you.

Take Care brother and hope everything works out for you

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

There is one condition. If you have a condition where you cannot take amrit with your wife, you cant get, um, lets just say you cant kiss and other things, You should think sort of like she aint your wife, so you wont do things.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I think you are safe Singh jeee.... Don't worry nothing about it.. Just follow what your mind/soul says.. and believe me that your wife will follow full gursikhi life soon too after seeing you following it .. But just let it be her own choice, you just guide her :umm: (two bodies and one Soul)

2 cent from your chota veer :e:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

There is one condition. If you have a condition where you cannot take amrit with your wife, you cant get, um, lets just say you cant kiss and other things, You should think sort of like she aint your wife, so you wont do things.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

where did u get that from???

So he can't touch his wife because she hasn't taken Amrit???

Please Explain

Waheguru.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

guru pyareo this all was permitted when he and bhenjee got married near shri guru granth sahib.

"the gursikhs are to share food and establish marital relationships with gursikhs only"

until your wife takes amrit, you will have to treat her like a sister.

when you take amrit you are REBORN. what happened before amrit is irrelevant. if you TRULY have faith in guru gobind singh you will come out after amrit with a reborn soul.

if your wife is not willing to take amrit then youve got a big problem. i suggest you have a lil chat with her about her priorities in life.

im sorry this sounds harsh but since you are getting reborn you need to know how important it is to stick by the rehat. traditionally anand karaj would only take part with amritdharis anyway.

good luck man......one thing is for sure:

1. dont compromise taking amrit

2. dont compromise your rehat