***cloning****

disguised

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the last couple of weeks we were learning about biotechnology and we came up with cloning!!!! I personally disagree with it… i think it should happen normally.. but what are your views? And if humans did get cloned… it isn’t against religion… or anything rite???  :lol:

135240[/snapback]

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

in my opinion, i think that its wrong.

i mean, it shouldnt just be happening because us humans want answers. i mean, i think that its wrong because we would be doing it just for our own personal means. does it do any good for the animals or whatever that we would clone? its just a selfish act in my opinion.

peace....

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Thats a really good question!

but we have to remember that cloning can cover a huge (very very broad) feild of study, anything from PCR techniques (to help create genetc databases-->genetic eng.), immuniology, virology, pathobiology to embryology.

their are multiple feilds that are productive and that have alot of very good practical uses, especially in Medicine.

is it against religion? I don't think it is, theirs no way our guru's could have conceived of such an advancement of technology within humans, but our Guru's always supported change as long as it was reasonable and didnt hurt anyone.

Cloning (human stem cell cloning) and gentical engineering are definetly here to stay (about 60 percent of all produce and grains available in north america have been genetically tampered with).

Religion is something that helps develop morality and opinion, science is an entirely different feild one that explores objectivity rather opinion.

science cannot regulate religion and thus religion has no way of regulating science.

Most of the cloing technologies that are being employed are done through large corporation or institutions, its already a multi-billion dollar industry that helps employ hundred and thousands of workers.

There is an ever growing threat that cloning should be stopped, but as a human being committed to the natural sciences, I see humanity on the brink of discovery. Imagine if Christopher Columbus sailed to the new world, found it, and then never returned. (Now don't get me wrong i still think that the study should be regulated, as it is in much of North America.

If you ever get time to research on new development, perhaps the newest reasearch being undertaken at genzyme corp. (publicly traded on NYSE) is really cutting edge stuff. Theres definitlely grounds for excitement.

The big pharmaceutical companies are now running out of ways to make stronger antiobiotics, and vaccine production is proving to be very expensive. Improving our knowlege of genetics and for that matter cloning can greatly improve our understanding of how new disease infect and kill humans. I have been studying Virology for the past two years, and I can tell you that genetic reasearch and cloning (that includes bacteriophage technology) are definetly here to stay, and the methods of cloning are definetly going to be implimented for major drug production in the future.

With,

1) Over- pollution

2) Over population

3) Production of new super-antigens

4) Need for intensive agriculture

our need for cloning is endless, whether religion has a say in it or not doesn't really matter, because its here to stay in our lives either way, theirs basically no escaping it. (which is bad, but good in it own context)

cheers

To Khalsa Girl,

Imagine if genetic eng and cloning did not exist, the food that you put on your table would simply not be their anymore! organic foods make up only 40 % of your diet if you live in North America (probably even less if your from India)

Your entire existance is dependant upon these practices!

YOur entire Future is dependant upon these practices! not only your future but the future of the next generation is also dependant upon this research.

We should proceed with caution and carefulness but throwing away the practice entirely is not feasable, practical, nor possible.

To Khalsa Girl,

Imagine if genetic eng and cloning did not exist, the food that you put on your table would simply not be their anymore! organic foods make up only 40 % of your diet if you live in North America (probably even less if your from India)

Your entire existance is dependant upon these practices!

YOur entire Future is dependant upon these practices! not only your future but the future of the next generation is also dependant upon this research.

We should proceed with caution and carefulness but throwing away the practice entirely is not feasable, practical, nor possible.

135259[/snapback]

ok.. foodsz acceptable.. even tho its a bit gross in a way....

.. but from my knowledgee.. they havnt cloned a HUMAN.?? am i rite??? only animals.. wat could is it?? its only for teh scientists to make profit rite?? ohmy.gif

They will start cloning humans once its fiscally profitable...lol....(crazy capitilists)

Shouldn't have what in Canada....cloning humans or animals?

yea we shouldn't clone humans physically, but stem cell research is perfectly alright, I beleive (opinion).

I dont think anybody's tried to clone humans yet, and probably never will. The Human Genome Project has recently come to a close and has been very very successful and helpful to medical professionals, it has broaden our understanding of illnesses, bodilly functions, proteins, cellular functions......you name it.

as for animals.....

But think of how many animals we could save from extinction. Many of the earths animals produce antibodies to various diseases, perserving their existance is good, developing the ability to reproduce them is good.

Overall cloning would give humans more power over their natural surroundings (similiar to the discovery of fire). Now, we can mess it up or make it better and that scenario is still vague, thats why we should take baby steps.

Take the ape's of africa as an example, their one of our closest relatives, many of the Live attenuated vaccines have been produced through them, their extinction would be catastrophic for medical research. (you know stuff like that is getting the mad scientists worried.. which is why the scientists are in a race to clone)

(inteneded for the omnivourous)

Now Imagine a super-cow, a super-chicken, designed to withstand harsher climates and grow faster with less food, This may improve the quality of life as people get more protien rich supplements in their diet.

Again we should proceed with appropriate caution, but the goal to produce something better should be there.

ITS INNOVATION THAT WILL LEAD TO THE PERPETUAL SURVIVAL OF OUR SPECIES NOT CONSERVATION! THIS HAS BEEN PROVEN IN HISTORY TIME AND TIME AGAIN.

You guys should watch "the Island" its a great movie about how humans are cloned, and forced to work, and then they are killed just becase some lady want new skin for her wrinkiled body. Do clones not have feelings, do clones not feel pain? The impression the movie gave me was that clones will be treated just as bad as animals in the slaughter house. Humans do so many things with animals, they experiment with them in horrible ways, and now they want to do experiments on humans, by using clones. We live in a blind society, people accept everything they are told.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh