***cloning****

disguised

To Untitled SIngh,

"You guys should watch "the Island" its a great movie about how humans are cloned, and forced to work, and then they are killed just becase some lady want new skin for her wrinkiled body."

ok, rest assure a repeat of that movie is not probably going to happen in this world. Thats just a movie, same way Sunny Deol can jump and leap off tall buildings and manage to land on his feet without breaking anything.

"Humans do so many things with animals, they experiment with them in horrible ways, and now they want to do experiments on humans, by using clones. We live in a blind society, people accept everything they are told."

WHOA WHOA WHOA, where u gettin your resources from, first of all cloning humans is not possible yet, it will never be favourable, practices like that are strictly against the scientific community, science is practiced with direction and to some extent with passion and lawfulness.

Only major corporation possess the technology to clone (these people are following the rules)

My professors are people who, yes, inject animals with all sorts of horrible stuff (but they do that because its the last resort) we could be looking at major pandemic outbreaks if this research was not addressed.

The bird flu is but a prime example!

I guess the question that remains is,

Whats more important letting off a few rabbits and chimps or letting humanity drift to extinction (as has every other species)?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The impression the movie gave me was that clones will be treated just as bad as animals in the slaughter house. Humans do so many things with animals, they experiment with them in horrible ways, and now they want to do experiments on humans, by using clones. We live in a blind society, people accept everything they are told.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh

135278[/snapback]

LOL where the hell did that come from! Do movies always make you turn schizophrenic? LOL.gif

I guess the question that remains is,

Whats more important letting off a few rabbits and chimps or letting humanity drift to extinction (as has every other species)?

135282[/snapback]

I know this is off topic but..... down with animal cruelty!!!! :umm: pray.gif

I would rather trust God to not let humanity drift to extinction (or maybe let it drift to extinction if that's God's Will) than 'let off' a few rabbits and chimps. They're still living beings with souls and feelings... it isn't right to let them suffer!

Sorry Sinister, didn't mean to fire off like that, I'm just really sensitive when it comes to the issue of animal cruelty.

As for cloning - I think it's okay to clone plants, I mean it can be done very naturally, no big deal. But cloning PEOPLE and ANIMALS - definitly, definitly, definitly going to cause problems. I don't trust the idea of cloning people one little bit, never will, and I could go on and on about why but I won't.

Ok, so there's my two cents. :lol:

Thats a really good question!

but we have to remember that cloning can cover a huge (very very broad) feild of study, anything from PCR techniques (to help create genetc databases-->genetic eng.), immuniology, virology, pathobiology to embryology.

their are multiple feilds that are productive and that have alot of very good practical uses, especially in Medicine.

is it against religion? I don't think it is, theirs no way our guru's could have conceived of such an advancement of technology within humans, but our Guru's always supported change as long as it was reasonable and didnt hurt anyone.

Cloning (human stem cell cloning) and gentical engineering are definetly here to stay (about 60 percent of all produce and grains available in north america have been genetically tampered  with).

Religion is something that helps develop morality and opinion, science is an entirely different feild one that explores objectivity rather opinion.

science cannot regulate religion and thus religion has no way of regulating science.

Most of the cloing technologies that are being employed are done through large corporation or institutions, its already a multi-billion dollar industry that helps employ hundred and thousands of workers.

There is an ever growing threat that cloning should be stopped, but as a human being committed to the natural sciences, I see humanity on the brink of discovery. Imagine if Christopher Columbus sailed to the new world, found it, and then never returned. (Now don't get me wrong i still think that the study should be regulated, as it is in much of North America.

If you ever get time to research on new development, perhaps the newest reasearch being undertaken at genzyme corp. (publicly traded on NYSE) is really cutting edge stuff. Theres definitlely grounds for excitement.

The big pharmaceutical companies are now running out of ways to make stronger antiobiotics, and vaccine production is proving to be very expensive. Improving our knowlege of genetics and for that matter cloning can greatly improve our understanding of how new disease infect and kill humans. I have been studying Virology for the past two years, and I can tell you that genetic reasearch and cloning (that includes bacteriophage technology) are definetly here to stay, and the methods of cloning are definetly going to be implimented for major drug production in the future.

With,

1) Over- pollution

2) Over population

3) Production of new super-antigens

4) Need for intensive agriculture

our need for cloning is endless, whether religion has a say in it or not doesn't really matter, because its here to stay in our lives either way, theirs basically no escaping it. (which is bad, but good in it own context)

cheers

135254[/snapback]

ok...i understand what youre saying and it does make sense to me.

but what i dont understand is that if we can do it to animals, then why hasnt any human been cloned. what you said still doesnt answer that question, even though youve talked about it already. if we can take chances on animals, then why not humans? :lol:

peace...

The movie was just an example of what it could lead to, one of my favorite movies actually. Yes I know they didn't clone humans.........yet. Many scietiest have proposed the idea of trying cloning humans many times, but it has been rejected everytime. Cloning humuns in the future is very possible, like I said before we live in a blind society. Today they clone pets just because some rich people want to see their dog, incase it dies.

Fateh

khalsa girl,

the reason why it cant be dont to humans becasue cloning hasn’t always been successful. Cloned animals age sooner, die earlier and have many disorders as well. Primates, such as humans are more difficult to clone because they have a poorer rate of reproduction. it wont work... :lol:

All I can say is we(Humans) are so selfish, everything is about us, everything revolves around us. The tortures that countless animals face is beyond your worst nightmares but why do we do it?, for us. I am really really disgusted when I think about all this, look at what are doing to the Earth (global warming), look at how horribe we treat the animals, we pump them with drugs, lock them in cages for life, and then eat them, or we pump acid in their stomachs just so some girl can paint her face. I am really really disgusted!!!

VJKK

VJKF

first of all

guru je knew all that had passed, all that will pass

guru je knew everything

so please dont write comments such as guru je cudnt conceive of such advnacnemtns etc etc

the more i now understand sceince the more holes i see in it, extremly large holes in many theris

i also see the wonders man has been able to do through vaheguru jes kirpa

its amazin

guru je has given this race amazing advancments

but its all vahegurus kirpa

this is where mans ego kicks in

o well u see the gurus were not that intellgient

they could not conceice mesios, mitosis, and the errm, and the dna code and the gens which it is comrpised of etc etc

guru je was sent here to help man kind in its spiturual path

which is mankinds most important path of all

the path that is simply not only limited to this world

guru je did not come here to give man a chemisty set, or a bilogy text book

they came here to gice us naam, and to let us expirence something that is inconcevable, something that cannot be understood, even if expirenced, even by our "great" minds

to me, cloing to create organs, understand our dna, etc.

is a very good thing

i see no reason y guru je wud be agasint this

if anyone can see any reasons, please share em

bhula chuka maf

Guest [TheSim]

i watched the island btw lol sick movie

anyways

<admin-profanity filter activated> coloning, who gives a <admin-profanity filter activated> Waheguru knows its happening he could stop it, if we discover how to clone humans and <admin-profanity filter activated> its OUR choice. if it wasnt supose to happen or wasnt destined Waheguru would not have created or givinen man this much knowledge.. i belive its our choice.