How To Combat Sikhs Dating Outside The Religion?

sikh supreme

How do we combat Sikhs dating outside the religion? in particular punjabi girls who seem to be easily led astray like sheep by muslim guys who use and abuse them thinking they getting one over the Sikhs.

Is it an image problem? Turbanned Sikh guys seen as too religious and backwards with their dastaars, their kirpan, their uncut hair long flowing hair,etc.

Because I've also noticed on most Sikh marriage sites most girls perfer Sikh guys who are shaved and have short cut hair. Is this a sign of the times? As more and more guys are trimming/cutting their hair to conform to the ideals of most females and modern western thinking society.

Is it simply a process of natural selection, the weak being weeded out and only the strong remain?

Any thoughts?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do we combat Sikhs dating outside the religion? in particular punjabi girls who seem to be easily led astray like sheep by muslim guys who use and abuse them thinking they getting one over the Sikhs.

Is it an image problem? Turbanned Sikh guys seen as too religious and backwards with their dastaars, their kirpan, their uncut hair long flowing hair,etc.

Because I've also noticed on most Sikh marriage sites most girls perfer Sikh guys who are shaved and have short cut hair. Is this a sign of the times? As more and more guys are trimming/cutting their hair to conform to the ideals of most females and modern western thinking society.

Is it simply a process of natural selection, the weak being weeded out and only the strong remain?

Any thoughts?

138366[/snapback]

Gurufateh!

This seems to be a big problem in today's society. Many males shy away from keeping unshorn hair and beards as this is not seen as normal in a western society. In our own communities (well I've noticed), people look upon you as backward etc if you grow your hair/beard. I have been growing my hair and beard now for a few months as I feel that I am worthy of having a kesh and wearing a turban. Hopefully, one day with Waheguru's kirpa, I will take amrit and become one of the Khalsa Panth. Anyway, members of my own family (not my internal family) have made comments and started calling me 'Sant' etc which annoys me and I combat this by quoting Gurbani and Guru Gobind Singh regarding kesh.

One problem is that people in the UK are to westernised and those of us who want to follow the ways of Sikhi are looked upon as abnormal. However, I say to the Sangat be proud of your Sikhi and wear your turban and beard with pride. When I tie my turban, I feel proud that I am doing so.

A further example is seen on weddings. Many grooms (who otherwise shave and cut their hair) arrive at the Gurudwara wearing a turban and having a beard of some sort (whether it be stubble growth or a shaped-out beard etc). Why does no-one make these comments then? I feel that these people do so because they think that they can be in the presence of the Guru in man's natural form. What they don't realise is that Waheguru is present everywhere and will also be there when you shave or trim your beard of after the Anand Karaj has taken place.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

"Is it simply a process of natural selection, the weak being weeded out and only the strong remain?

Any thoughts? "

I take offense to this statement. I know u probably meant it as a non-offensive statement. But still, are you implying that gursikhs with their beautiful dara's flowing are weak. I love my dara. I love it too much. I even think i have hankar over my dara..lol... I look at others who shave and i think they really look like sheep. I'm not saying this in an egotistical way. I just see man's natural form as beautiful. And i feel bad for ppl who are so caught up in society that they are doing the opposite of what god wanted. Obviously God wanted us to have kesh otherwise we wouldn't have any.

Anyways back to the topic. What kind of bibi do u want to marry. One that is superficial. That doesnt' love u for u. That loves u for how u look? Thats so sad. I have had offers from goriya that wanna date me. I'm not saying this cause i'm proud. i find it disgusting. However it is proof to ppl like you that looks mean nothing. Someone with strong character is most attractive. If you are proud of yourself and your sikhi and of your roop. Then that will show. However if you are insecure about it then u gonna come off as that. And no one is attracted to that. Plus if you seriously start caring about guru ji and not what girls want, girls get sent ur way as a test from guru ji.

Realize what u are disrespecting bro. U wanna disrespect ur kesh, the same kesh that have been protected at all cost through out history. The same kesh that gursikhs have died protecting. The gift that guru ji has given us, u wanna throw away cause u want some "shallow" mate to notice u. U think taht will get u love. I got news for u mate, there is only true love. And thats AKAAL. Stop worrying about these females and focus on ur sikhi. Have some faith in guru ji he will find u the right mate.

Forgive me if said anythign wrong.

Its quite simple, its KALYUG

Its the the 5 vices.

most punjabi parents never knew sikhi hence they never taught their kids gurbani...so you got a generation of NON SIKHS

people say its westernization but its kalyug all the same, with out gurbani 5 vices rule you silly.

be kind & compassionat and treat all 'misguided' punjabi sikh as bros and sistas n teach them the qualities and advantages of being sikh, learning, reciting gurbani and doin nitnem. then forward on to keeping rehit and coming under the fold of khalsa.

quest for akaal said:

I'm not saying this cause i'm proud. i find it disgusting. However it is proof to ppl like you that looks mean nothing. Someone with strong character is most attractive..

We try to stay away from kaam thats understandable,

but why do find it disgusting that someone wants to date you cuz of your personality? you shouldt find it disgusting that someone is intrested in you cuz of your personality rather than looks, if the whole world went for personality rather than looks, there would be alot less ruined marriges and divorces.

"Is it simply a process of natural selection, the weak being weeded out and only the strong remain?

Any thoughts? "

I take offense to this statement. I know u probably meant it as a non-offensive statement. But still, are you implying that gursikhs with their beautiful dara's flowing are weak. I love my dara. I love it too much. I even think i have hankar over my dara..lol... I look at others who shave and i think they really look like sheep. I'm not saying this in an egotistical way. I just see man's natural form as beautiful. And i feel bad for ppl who are so caught up in society that they are doing the opposite of what god wanted. Obviously God wanted us to have kesh otherwise we wouldn't have any.

Anyways back to the topic. What kind of bibi do u want to marry. One that is superficial. That doesnt' love u for u. That loves u for how u look? Thats so sad. I have had offers from goriya that wanna date me. I'm not saying this cause i'm proud. i find it disgusting. However it is proof to ppl like you that looks mean nothing. Someone with strong character is most attractive. If you are proud of yourself and your sikhi and of your roop. Then that will show. However if you are insecure about it then u gonna come off as that. And no one is attracted to that. Plus if you seriously start caring about guru ji and not what girls want, girls get sent ur way as a test from guru ji.

Realize what u are disrespecting bro. U wanna disrespect ur kesh, the same kesh that have been protected at all cost through out history. The same kesh that gursikhs have died protecting. The gift that guru ji has given us, u wanna throw away cause u want some "shallow" mate to notice u. U think taht will get u love. I got news for u mate, there is only true love. And thats AKAAL. Stop worrying about these females and focus on ur sikhi. Have some faith in guru ji he will find u the right mate.

Forgive me if said anythign wrong.

138436[/snapback]

LOL I think he was referring that the ones who cut their hair are weak, and The Gursikhs are the strong ones being left. Now hug and kiss him and make up!

A further example is seen on weddings. Many grooms (who otherwise shave and cut their hair) arrive at the Gurudwara wearing a turban and having a beard of some sort (whether it be stubble growth or a shaped-out beard etc).

LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

very true ji..... i jave noticed it in marriages...they wear pink or maroon pugh...they have earrings..khandas and oh yeah..just a thin layer of dhaari...haha just like sukhshinder shinder...wht a clown,....haha ..BALLE :lol:

lol i thought the weak and strong thing statement meant something completely different to what another has interpreted it to mean.

i thought he meant that the strong sikhs are known because they keep their kesh and the weak ones dont so we have the weak ones weeded out...good in my opinion and soz if confused anyone