Why Dont Singers Influence Sikhi?

ranj03

SHOULD SINGERS BENEFIT FROM THEIR SUCCESS AND GIVE BACK TO SIKHI?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. SHOULD SINGERS BENEFIT FROM THEIR SUCCESS AND GIVE BACK TO SIKHI?

• YES
    • NO
    • UP TO THE SINGER

OK, OK. FAIR ENOUGH. SING ABOUT THE WESTERN LIFE. ITS HOT. MANY OF US ENJOY IT.

BUT IS IT NOT TIME THAT SINGERS WHO ARE RECOGNISED USED THEIR SUCCESS TO INFLUENCE SIKHI?

PEOPLE LIKE LEMBHER HUSSAINPURI, WHO IS SUCCESSFULL. WOULD IT HARM HIM TO SINGH ABOUT SIKHISM? LET YOUNGSTERS BE PROUD OF WHO THEY ARE?

RATHER THAN SING ON, AND ON, AND ON, AND ON ABOUT ALCHOHAL AND GIRLS?

WOULD ONE SONG HURT THEM? SUCCESS HAS GOT TO THEIR HEADS, AND THEY'VE FORGOT WHO THEY ARE AND WHERE THEY COME FROM.

ANYONE ELSE AGREE?

Lehmber Hussainpuri has sung Sikhi tracks, like on Panjab Radio anniversary. Anyway what's the point if all they're going to get is criticism, i.e. Jazzy B who has made 2 Sikhi albums. People dont see that they are singing songs about the Gurus and Sikhism, but instead they nit pick about their lifestyle.

Curious man, in all Jazzy B Sikhi songs I have seen he is wearing a Pagh, so what video are you taling about?

most if not all punjabi singers have done sikhi-related tracks:

gurdas mann: new album "Valaitan" has song called Sarbans Daaniyaa, about Sri guru gobind singh ji

jazzy B: sikhi khanioh tikhi album

ravinder grewal has one, harjit harman has one, kuldip manak has tracks, surinder shinda has tracks, bindrakhia, hans raj hans, sardulo sikander, bitti, many more, trust me....

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguur Ji Ki Fateh.

i just asked my parents and they said "THEY DONT INFLUENCE SIKHI BECAUSE THEY DONT WANNA LOOSE THEIR FANS!"

LOL.gifLOL.gif

(they said it for me to laugh, but they also meant it)

but anywho...

i think the same thing. i think that they are too afraid of making sikhi-based songs cuz they might think that they'll loose their fans. they might think that most people out there are into the "oh kudiay nach mere naal" kinda thing. (i dont even know how they go cuz i dont listen to the punjabi songs anymore.) but yeah

and they might think that the stupid drugs is what all people want these days. its to bad that they cant have the kind of drug we sikhs have. the drug of Naam. d_oh.gifpray.gif Waheguruuuu!

but yeah...these people just want money and they think that thats the only way theyre gonna get it. whatever.

i dunno

just my opinions...

peace...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa. Waheguur Ji Ki Fateh.

i  just asked my parents and they said "THEY DONT INFLUENCE SIKHI BECAUSE THEY DONT WANNA LOOSE THEIR FANS!"

but anywho...

i think the same thing. i think that they are too afraid of making sikhi-based songs cuz they might think that they'll loose their fans.

ALL the famous singers, who have the most fans have sung Sikhi tracks, theres not 1 who hasn't. Damn, the most famous singer alive, Kuldeep Manak has sung over 15 albums on Gurus & Shaheeds!!

i  just asked my parents and they said "THEY DONT INFLUENCE SIKHI BECAUSE THEY DONT WANNA LOOSE THEIR FANS!"

but anywho...

i think the same thing. i think that they are too afraid of making sikhi-based songs cuz they might think that they'll loose their fans.

ALL the famous singers, who have the most fans have sung Sikhi tracks, theres not 1 who hasn't. Damn, the most famous singer alive, Kuldeep Manak has sung over 15 albums on Gurus & Shaheeds!!

140663[/snapback]

i agree ji

but...

lmao LOL.gif

they still have other tracks with music videos of almost naked girls on cars and stuff, while saying "jatt this, jatt that"......

oh yeah

thats just great.... :@

personally i dont like these singers singing about SIkhi cuz it is so disrespectful to the Khalsa, the way they represent it. they ll singing about khalsa and yet have ppl walking around in the video with haircut, big, earrings, and Khanda chains, please man, thats not what Khalsa is about. I seriously dont like that stuff.

plus, in my opinion i dont think they influence anyone. How could they influence someone when they are not even Sikhs themselves, and the ppl that listen to these singers usually have no intention of becoming a Sikh i m talking from experience with my cousin.

sorry for the mistakes

personally i dont like these singers singing about SIkhi cuz it is so disrespectful to the Khalsa, the way they represent it. they ll singing about khalsa and yet have ppl walking around in the video with haircut, big, earrings, and Khanda chains, please man, thats not what Khalsa is about. I seriously dont like that stuff.

plus, in my opinion i dont think they influence anyone. How could they influence someone when they are not even Sikhs themselves, and the ppl that listen to these singers usually have no intention of becoming a Sikh i m talking from experience with my cousin.

sorry for the mistakes