Confused

lol... I had 1nce heard that when the muslims go for their pilgrimage 2 Hajj be4 they bow down to Guru Nanak Dev Ji then go do their Hajj, but some just don't admit it ! .. I never knew if it was true or not ! grin.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh i heard that they got some sandals which they claim belong to Guru Nanak Ji which they bow to before going round ka'ba i think, but i asked someone and they were confused so im now confused too.

one person told me Guru Nanak Dev Ji are muslim cos they went to Baghdad- brilliant- proves everything ....gosh.

then the famous one that Guru Nanak Ji went to mecca so he must be muslim.

but then they ignore all that Guru Nanak Ji taught.

arggg

yeh i heard that they got some sandals which they claim belong to Guru Nanak Ji which they bow to before going round ka'ba i think, but i asked someone and they were confused so im now confused too.

143633[/snapback]

yeh thats the 1, they're Guru Ji's Sandals they claim, which they bow down 2,

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, please do not just assume Mohammed was a great person. I did, before I read about his life. I now think he is a highly questionable individual. I would not regard him as a great man, not even comparable with any Sikh. Any person who just keeps basic rehit is a better human being than him.

Read about his life, and how he actually lived. You will be very surprised.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

143617[/snapback]

I also thought the same until I read about his life written by Muslims themselves. If you pick up a book on Mohammed written by a non-Muslim you will be surprised at how the author will gloss over some of the questionable things that Mohammed did and try and present him as some sort of saint but the reality is otherwise. The amusing thing is that some Muslims try and justify and explain away these things saying that it was due to the times he lived in and then they contradict this by saying that he was a perfect example for every Muslim to follow!

Some of the questionable things he did are-;

1. Marry a 6 year old girl when he was in his fifties and consummate the marriage when she was 9

2. Break his promises to his wives, especially when he had so many and each had a night that was allocated to her and he was found in one wife's bed by the wife whose night it was! He then had a 'revelation' from Allah telling him it's ok for him to break his promises to is wives!

3. Allow his followers to rape women captured in war.

4. Had 800 Jewish men beheaded and sold their wives and children into slavery. He took one of the Jewish men's wife as his concubine

5. Brought and sold slaves. Sometimes slaves were brought and sold in the mosques

6. Took part in raids on caravans effecting the economy of Mecca and forcing the Meccans to attack him

7. Banned Christian and Jews or any non-Muslims from being able to follow their own religion in Arabia

These are just a few of the questionable things he did. Along with the above Muslims believe that Mohammed was also bewitched by black magic.

Comparing Mohammed's life with any Gursikh's life let alone the Gurus shows how badly affected by ego Mohammed was. This is why in Bachittar Natak Mohammed is described as setting up his own sect and getting his followers to repeat his name and not do Nam Jap.

Wow this is great instead of discussing our religions lets bash anothers! Why is it when Muslims bash us we get all worked up, but we could care less when were on the giving end? Alot of the things said here is so childish it makes me laugh. The Muslims never bow to Guru Nanak Dev Jis sandals, that one made absolutlely no sense as it would go against the tenents of Islam. As for the 9 year old wife I was surprised by that to, but you have to realize that back in that time the life span was what at the most 40? People got married young, cant say much on that but we shouldnt point fingers. Also alot of things said have no backing. Why are we getting into nindya, especially with a Great Religions prophet? Is that what the maturity level on this site is?

The reason i'm confused is because a friend who is muslim said, and i was thinking i'm sure they weren't even around each other at the same time. Is there any where i can find this information, a story form a book, etc?

143586[/snapback]

The first testament is prety good, available from all churches and generally book stores.

U mite want to read the Quran to? again available on the internet.

Maybe read what Maharaj has to say? If he was friends with Mohammed then im sure there would be something documented within Guru Granth Sahib??? But seeing as they were in 2 different centuries... i dont think so...

Muslims will change THEIR history and principles to suit the need to confuse Sikhs who dont know their own faith!

This is an update, a discussion from Sikh Soc Stand this yr...

Muslims now keep kesh (all kesh, not just beard) (though men are to cut hair otherwise u will look like a woman) :TH:

They are so far ahead of scientists are catching up - thought according to islam the world is flat.... :@ @

and they gave equality to women first, but u know, they only make them cover up from head to toe for fashion obviously.

Dont always believe what they say. Actually, just dont! lol

Mr/Ms LostSoul

*yawn*

Read my post before getting on your high horse. It was in response to something written by Jagjit Waheguru. Have you done any research on what was written or do you just go around making ignorant statements when you read something you don't like. I only wrote the things that Muslims themselves write that Mohammed did. So lots of 50 years old were marrying 9 years olds in the 7th century. That's new on me.