Bf/gf Relationships Within Sangat

boyfreind/girlfreind relationships are completly manmat, you cant call your self a sikh of the true guru and then have a boyfreind or a girlfreind. it is aginst sikhi. concentrate on your paath and naam, and wen its time, get gursikhs to arrange ur marriage.

cant u see that all bf/gf thing is moh and kaam?

Awsw mhlw 1 ]

aasaa mehulaa 1

Aasaa, First Mehl:

iqqu srvrVY BeIly invwsw pwxI pwvku iqnih kIAw ]

thith suruvururrai bheelae nivaasaa paanee paavuk thinehi keeaa

In that pool, people have made their homes, but the water there is as hot as fire!

pMkju moh pgu nhI cwlY hm dyKw qh fUbIAly ]1]

punkuj moh pug nehee chaalai hum dhaekhaa theh ddoobeealae

In the swamp of emotional attachment, their feet cannot move. I have seen them drowning there. ||1||

mn eyku n cyqis mUV mnw ]

mun eaek n chaethas moorr munaa

In your mind, you do not remember the One Lord-you fool!

hir ibsrq qyry gux gilAw ]1] rhwau ]

har bisuruth thaerae gun galiaa

You have forgotten the Lord; your virtues shall wither away. ||1||Pause||

nw hau jqI sqI nhI piVAw mUrK mugDw jnmu BieAw ]

naa ho juthee suthee nehee parriaa moorukh mugudhaa junum bhaeiaa

I am not celibate, nor truthful, nor scholarly. I was born foolish and ignorant into this world.

pRxviq nwnk iqn kI srxw ijn qU nwhI vIsirAw ]2]3]

prunuvath naanuk thin kee surunaa jin thoo naahee veesariaa

Prays Nanak, I seek the Sanctuary of those who have not forgotten You, O Lord! ||2||3||

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times has this topic been discussed?

Even within Sangat instead of Naam Japna it'll create Kaam ! Instead of concentrating on Guru Ji it can take you away from Guru Ji !

Just to stay on the safe side it;s best not to get into a relationship @ all, you don;t know what it can lead 2 !

Quote Buddah Singh]

Then they come to know someone who seems to have a passion for sikhi but even more importantly seems to live and conduct their lives by sikhi principles. They may not be “in love” with this person, but they see a potential to grow immensely in their love for waheguru with the support of this person as a life partner. They come to know this person as a family would know. They do not "date". They "get to know" in the most dignified manner as their background check. This is an arranged marriage.

---------

This all good! :TH:

The rest is questionable and depends on individuals.

LOL I shouldnt have opened my big mouth!!!

LOL

Thanks for all the responses, for and against...

By the way, I'm sending an open invite for EVERYONE if and when I do get married!

LOL, free chai and samosa for all!!!!!

Thanks once again for all the responses people!

hmm

i agree with the fact that past relationships wont look good when you become a chardi kala sikh.

its like teling the younger generation "I once had a gf wen i was 16" etc, theyll fink its RIGHT! trust me, a chardi kala pajeee i know has gone through this with me.. I started thinking its right! no.gif

Imagine a tasteless sweet desguised as a very tasty 1..

..That's relationship for ya.

Now, there are many things, i regret.. but the best advice I can give to ANY1 is.. NEVER GET INTO A RELATIONSHIP!! PLEASE.. its nothing like what u THINK it is.

if THATS not convincing..

Its a trap.. very hard 2 escape.. im stil struggling myself :'(

Eg: start to go throuh a cycle of feeling chardi kala at 1 stage then having feeligns for your ex at another..

not good.

PS: chek out my blog on the essay of how BF/GF relationships = kaljug!!

Here is a question for you people. I'd like your views on this sort of situation which is common nowadays.

What are your views on boyfriend/girlfriend relationships (assume no sexual relationship)?

It would be wrong for a Amritdhari and a Non-Amtridhari to engage in such activities, but what about two people who are both seeking the same thing..>Amrit...both are on the same point on the path and both feel the same about Sikhi? If they both agreed to get married would this be acceptable (assuming their parents knew about it and agreed too).

loll isnt this the perfect scenario, the parents agree, the kids agree , they are on the same path and they are gonna get married................... so the answer is obvious :@ the arranged marriage bit is a tradition in punjabi culture, i think its ok but then it doesnt matter whether u choose ur partner or ur parents its upto guru ji if its gna work out or not.............

FAteh