Protein Powder

some singh

some singh,

I have been training for about 8 years now and protein powder needs to be taken about an hour before your workout with some carbs this will give you energy as you work out and it will givce you some protein to start repairs straight away but you should also have a protein shake within 20 minutes of finishing your session.

Hope this helps :TH:

not sure if id personally take protein 1st bro, u dnt realy want muscles to start repairing as soon as u start training.. i mean muscles expand n gain power by ripping so with protein before it may stop expansion and keep em contracted due to repairing process, n if having a few hour work out dont think that good news...............

dnt know man!

n e trainers, doctors, physio therapists etc online??

you can get the energy bars, (which are more expensive)...

but if you veggie then even though it is nasty, drinking supplement is the best option...

some singh...

alot of em contain egg or traces of fish so just be careful which one you choose. your better off getting advice like that off a fitness trainer cus even some protein supplements without egg/fish are crapp quality..

before training you need to get your energy levels up so cans of nursishment, pasta, or even choccie helps..lucozade is good whilst training...

when you finish training then take your protein within an hour and have something to eat aswell...

but again the best advice you can get is off a fitness instructor..

you can take pure soya protein which is ok to have.. its normally the whey proteins which have the egg in..

Also they do taste Vile, so i'd just find an alternative to the shakes, i.e. you can put soya in daal and have that 1 hour after training.. or have soya sausages.. although they have a lot of fat in aswell, but if you grill them on a george foreman or summat you can try drain a lot out and they have a lot of protein in..

Basically have soya protein.. either in food or the not so tasty powder drinks.

p.s. If you will have the drinks, mix the powder with skimmed milk not water as you get even more protein in it then!