AKJ OR SIKH sangat?

Guest learner singh

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little history for those who don't know : Sikhsangat.com waz first started by daljeet (TO), amardeep (UK) and me (CAL) .. and none of us were amritdhari by that time (still waitin for amar :) to take khalsa flight) and neither we had much knowledge about dozens of A-Z jathas.. (certainly not me).. So at the end it's a neutral place for anyone :(

SIkh = Sikh

There is no A sikh, B sikh or Z Sikh.. (It's boundry created by our mind and i think we should think outside of box :@

Sat Sri Akal:

Sorry Singh Sahib, if you poll the forum, you'll find out that the majority of people here do not claim "AKJ membership".

ADMIN NOTE: Sadh Sangat Jee, we humbly request that you close this topic of conversation. The Singhs and Kaurs in Akhand Kirtani Jatha *are* Sikh sangat, and so are other Sikhs. We are on the borderline of another stereotyping, hate-mongering, anti-jatha argument. We are sorry for being so defensive about this, but Panthic Ektha is PRIORITY NUMBER *ONE*.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I dont know about anyone else here, but i aint part of AKJ, Nihang or Taksal, im part of the Khalsa Panth, if people wanna say "im AKJ", "im a Taksali", "im a Nihang" and forget about being a united khalsa which is not segregated then thats up to them. When Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj created the Khalsa Panth to create unity and abolish any caste ties, why have we started putting ourselfs into jathebandi/samparda boxes? :)

im a Sikh of Sri Guru Nanak Sahib Ji Maharaj thats it, not akj, not taksal, not nihang

Gurfateh

Gur Fateh!

Gurbar Akaaal, I note your comments and whilst agreeing in principle for unity as per the message of Gurdev Pita, I don't believe that means everyone is the same and identical.

"Unity through diversity" is what I believe Guru Ji wanted, for the entire world and for the Sikhs -one can see this if one compares the accounts of Bhai Daya Singh, Bhai Nand Lal, Bhai Khanyia Singh and Banda Singh Bahadur -all Sikhs, but not necessarily Amritdhari or identical in rehit...

...I do not wish to have this discussion fall into an argument on jathas or jathabandis or sampardya, but I personally feel people's realtionship with Maharaj cannot be identical...

...the contrast to this is Unity in the form of Adolf Hitler and the Nazi's where everyone dresses, looks, thinks, believes and behaves the same way...consider this carefully (and the youth camps, ladies camps and speeches of the Nazis) and compare to the thoughts and events organised by many who claim to be propagating Sikhi today and you'll find a nasty taste in your mouth...

Please forgive any foolish statements in the foregoing

-I remain the Charandhoor of the Sadh Sangat-

Gur Fateh!

Gurbar Akaaal, I note your comments and whilst agreeing in principle for unity as per the message of Gurdev Pita, I don't believe that means everyone is the same and identical.

"Unity through diversity" is what I believe Guru Ji wanted, for the entire world and for the Sikhs -one can see this if one compares the accounts of Bhai Daya Singh, Bhai Nand Lal, Bhai Khanyia Singh and Banda Singh Bahadur -all Sikhs, but not necessarily Amritdhari or identical in rehit...

...I do not wish to have this discussion fall into an argument on jathas or jathabandis or sampardya, but I personally feel people's realtionship with Maharaj cannot be identical...

...the contrast to this is Unity in the form of Adolf Hitler and the Nazi's where everyone dresses, looks, thinks, believes and behaves the same way...consider this carefully (and the youth camps, ladies camps and speeches of the Nazis) and compare to the thoughts and events organised by many who claim to be propagating Sikhi today and you'll find a nasty taste in your mouth...

Please forgive any foolish statements in the foregoing

-I remain the Charandhoor of the Sadh Sangat-

Gur Fateh,

"...I do not wish to have this discussion fall into an argument on jathas or jathabandis or sampardya, but I personally feel people's realtionship with Maha

raj cannot be identical..."

Just to clarify, I simply which to state here that one's relationship with Maharaj is exactly that their own...as Sadh Sangat we simply come together to support each other and share the collective experience...Maharaj is so vast that experience of Akaal is equally vast and diverse...as therefore are the methods and means to do so...

[Personally, for me, Khalsa Singhs have a quickest route, but this is for me...by Kirpa and Karam...another may, by the same 2 factors be more suited to a Ba'hai, Mahayana Buddhist, Shia Islamic, Udasi Sadhu or Greek Christian lifetsyle...this is all forms of Maharaj's play...**Manas Ki Jaat ko, Ekeh pachaan bo**...**Kudrat da khel rachaiya...**]