The Only Way...

Guest .

Truth is the only way to god.

Sikhi is a most courageous and humble path to the truth.

154983[/snapback]

Couldnt have put it better myself in such few words. :TH:

non-sikh People I know sometimes ask why Sikhs have all this hair, these turbans, these symbols.... why dont they shave follow the trends of modern society. Simple answer being this world is a play... our real home is with Waheguru ji... we can follow the pleasures and pains of this life or be humble, dress modest and do naam simran to escape the vicious cycle of birth and death and arrive at our real home finally.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bani says there is no Guru but Guru Nanak

155359[/snapback]

Please do show a quote of this.

And the following is from Bhai Gurdaas Jee's bani:

Qazi and maulvis got together and began discussing religion.

pushhan gal eemaan dhee kaazee mulaan eikathae hoee||

A great fantasy has been created and no one could understood its mystery.

vaddaa saang varathaaeiaa lakh n sakae kudharath koee||

They asked Baba Nanak to open and search in his book whether Hindu is great or the Muslim.

pushhan khol kithaab noon vaddaa hindhoo kee musalamaanoee||

Baba replied to the pilgrim hajis, that, without good deeds both will have to weep and wail.

baabaa aakhae haazeeaaan shubh amalaan baajho dhovaen roee||

Only by being a Hindu or a Muslim one can not get accepted in the court of the Lord.

hindhoo musalamaan dhoe dharagehi andhar lain n dtoee||

As the colour of safflower is impermanent and is washed away in water, likewise the colours of religiosity are also temporary.

kachaa rang kusunbh kaa paanee dhhothai thhir n rehoee||

(Followers of both the religions) In their expositions, denounce Ram and Rahim.

karan bakheelee aap vich raam reheem kuthhaae khaloee||

The whole of the world is following the ways of Satan.

raah shaithaanee dhuneeaa goee ||aa||

The summary of this is that religion, by name, doesn't matter. Its the actions, the "good deeds" that make a difference.

... and in Dasam Granth Sahib, when Guru Gobind Singh writes of a hindu kingdom many years ago he writes:

ARIL

Having been bestowed the kingdom, the Bedis were very much pleased. With happy heart, he predicted this boon:

Bedoo bhae prasann raaj kah paae kai|| Det bhayo bardaan hooai hulsaae kai||

“When in the Iron age, I shall be called Nanak, you will attain the Supreme State and be worshipped by the world.”7.

Jab Naanak kal(i) mai ham aan kahaae-hain|| Ho jagat pooj kar(i) toh(i) param pad paae-hain||7||

This means that the soul of Guru Nanak existed before "Guru Nanak" was born on this earth, and that he taught us before. How do you know if someone's teachings do not bare his seal?

Khalsa4ever,

You pasted,

>>>>>>>

Only by being a Hindu or a Muslim one can not get accepted in the court of the Lord.

As the colour of safflower is impermanent and is washed away in water, likewise the colours of religiosity are also temporary.

(Followers of both the religions) In their expositions, denounce Ram and Rahim.

The whole of the world is following the ways of Satan.

>>>>>>>>>

This translation is not correct at all.

Let's do it again and you tell me which is more correct.

Hindus and Muslims both, in the divine court will not find any place ""dtoee" means support/place.

The colour of the kusunbh flower is temporary (kachaa); when washed it does not stay.

They have enimity amongst each other; Ram and Rahim stand together (God is the same) [bakhili means enimity. I don't know where this translator came up with that random translation]

The world and earth (goee means earth) are on the path of Satan.

Now tell me Khalsa4ever, does this shabad support the fact that other religions do not find the Ultimate Destination or does it support your argument that all go there.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

sorry, it seems that translation was off.

How about this one:

Fifth Mehl:

Fareed, look upon pleasure and pain as the same; eradicate corruption from your heart.

fareedhaa dhukh sukh eik kar dhil thae laahi vikaar ||

Whatever pleases the Lord God is good; understand this, and you will reach His Court. ||109||

aleh bhaavai so bhalaa thaan labhee dharabaar ||109||

This was written by Shek Fareed Jee (a muslim)... in our Guru Granth Sahib. You can reach him by following teachings of truth.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

veer Khalsa4ever,

This shabad you have pasted also seems to support the argument that only Sikhi reaches the ultimate destination.

The first line is very simple and I concurr with the translation. Fareed, consider pain and pleasure, removing vikaar (sin/corruption) from your heart.

The second line however is once again not translated clearly. Allah bhavai so bhalaa, taa(n) labhee darbaar means :What pleases Allah is good [if someone understands this] then God's Court is found

Not just anything pleases God. Not ritual not fasting. Only Naam pleases Vaahiguru. Naam is the expression of love.

Sheik Farid jee was actually not a Muslim. Do you really believe he considered Mohammed to be God's final prophet? I don't think so. Sheik Farid is a descendant of the original and had met Guru Nanak and become his Sikh. Old janamsakhis tell the story of this along with how Guru Nanak met all the bhagats and they all became his Sikhs.

Gurbani is very clear. Other religions aren't going to be punished. The followers will get what they work for. They aren't condemed and bad people. But those other paths are not going to reach the Ultimate Destination. As the shabad by Bhai Gurdas jee you pasted says, Muslims and Hindus or other paths will not find a place in Vahiguru's court (Sachkhand).

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

But see here is the problem, Gurbani does NOT say that followers of Islam or or the Vedas will not reach waheguroo... and it also does not say that EXCLUSIVELY ONLY the followers of Guru Nanak can reach Waheguroo. (It says naam is required, and that A Guru can give this naam, but remember that Guru means teacher just as SatGur means God and so only one who has joined with Waheguroo can give you this naam) and you have yet to show a quotation that says otherwise.

However, I understand that this argument is really for nothing, unless another veer/bhanji wishes to give their insights, maybe we can agree to disagree...

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

You said

>>>>>>>

A Guru can give this naam, but remember that Guru means teacher just as SatGur means God and so only one who has joined with Waheguroo can give you this naam

>>>>>>>

There is only one Guru and only one Gurmat Naam. Not just any naam is needed to meet Vahiguru but GURMAT naam. This is gurmantar.

But I was wondering who else is Satguru besides Guru Nanak? Sat means tru and the concept of Sat in Gurmat is so high that there is only one truth. Only one Satguru. That is Guru Nanak. Was Jesus a Satguru in your eyes? How about Mohammed? Clearly they were not. Who else is a Satguru, do you think, that can lead someone to God?

But at least you know acknowledge that naam is needed to meet Vahiguru and those without naam cannot. That means that the world religions are disqualified anyways.

But on another level, I never understood how people could say all paths lead to God. All religions are right. It doesn't make sense. Muslims say that the last prophet was Mohammed and that everyone will be judged on the last day. Sikhs believe in reincarnation. Clearly both can't be right. One is right and te other is wrong.

If Sikhi teaches that cutting hair, using intoxicants, eating meat and sexual relations out of marriage are wrong and impediments to meet God, then anyone doing these things, regardless of religion cannot meet God. But if all religions are correct, then many other religions allow these things but they are still OK. How can that make any sense at all?

Please do continue to try to find quotes however that all paths lead to God. I guarantee none exist because it's just not true. Only Guru Nanak can lead you there. (This is the greatness of Guru Nanak. So sad that we as Sikhs refuse to accept it, forget trying to show others).

Ok, so what happened before 1500 AD?

What happened to all the souls who belived in religions and paths before the creation of Sikhi?

I don't think it matter whether we think Sikhi is the only path or not.

What does matter is Naam, Simran, Seva and Love, because we will never really be sure of what happens to other jiva who belive in other things apart from Sikhi....but we can be sure of what happens if we don't treat each other with respect, love one another, attend to simran, do selfless seva and lead dishonest lives.

For me anyway I dont care what other people belive in or not, I respect every brother and sister in the world, be they sikh, muslim, hindu, christian, jewish or others..and I respect their beliefs and teachings. But for me, I just belive in GuruJi....I JUST BELIVE IN GURU JI...I have no need to think or feel anything else for anyone else in the world, i have no need to look at and accept or not accept anyone elses religion....it's just as simple as me being focused on my Guru....let others have their own 'Guru' but I have one Lord and he is my Lord.