The Only Way...

Guest .

This thread was mentioned on tapoban. So i thought I would put my response to that thread on this one aswell.

waheguru ji kakhalsa, waheguru jike fateh

Pyare jio, in answer to why am I a sikh? It is because Sikhism is the True religion, way of life and only complete path, which has always been the Truth.

Kalyug is the Age of Darkness.

No other path has been able to answer its challenge.

Instead the others path have led it to more dogmatic, meaningless rituals, and maya.

Sahib Siri Guru Nanak Dev ji came to this earth and revealed the Gurmat Naam, and started the Gurmat Nirmal Panth.

The bhagats had before self-discovered the Truth, but Guru Nanak brought it to the masses.

Guru Nanak taught humanity to rediscover the direct link between Atma and Parmatma.

So successful will be the diagnosis by the physician Guru Nanak that via the cure that he reveals, humanity will be saved.

So encompassing will it be that a day will come when even the Dharam rai will have nothing left to do, because Guru Nanaks Nirmal Panth will make the Dharam rai job meaningless.

Hence the the Gurmat path of Guru Nanak, which is truth in the past, the truth now, and the truth in the future, and it will always be the truth.

This path will finish kalyug.

No other Path has the capability of this, and niether has it promised it.

The highest religion is Gurmat Naam, good virtues, and truthful living.

So why be blind and follow the blind. Instead I became a sikh and try ans much as I can to follow the Marg of Sahib Siri Guru Nanak dev Ji.

waheguru ji kakhalsa, waheguru jike fateh

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

From my personal understanding sikhi isnt a religion but more a way of life a way for you to live so that you can reach god. basically i read a book a few months back and it had a very good chapter on other religions. in sikhi its posiible for us to reach god because that is our aim, to reach god. for other religions it is a bit different for muslims, christians and jews the highest they can reach is heaven because that is all they aim for in life. for hindus they can reach liberation from 8.4 millions life forms because there aim in hinduism is to gain liberation. another way of putting this is that hindus can reach gian khand and the others can reach dharam khand. guru nanak dev ji has written in guru granth sahib ji for you to be a good muslim or hindu or whatever then meditate on god alone and no one else. then guru ji will do kirpa on you however he wants. he may bring you back as a sikh in next life, he could even give you naam in this life thats up to waheguru not for us to know. im not trying to discredit other religions here an make sikhi out to be the best im just saying that in this day an age sikhi is the only path you can follow to reach god and thats because sikhis way of life is to meditate on god and to reach god while your alive. does any other religion offer you god in this life actually saying that does any other religion offer you anything in this life? most of them its about attaining things when you die. i think that if anybody did enough research into sikhi they would easily find that sikhi is such a straight forward way to god. naam japo, kirat karo, vand ke chako.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I completly concur with Khalsa4ever. Singh132 has openly admitted that 'Guru Nanak' (in which I assume, you mean Akal Purakh) has himself saved the lives of several, such as Bhagat Dhur and Prehlad as you mentioned. This means that, since they were enlightend in in the state of Sach Khand (While yet alive, since the Khands are states of mind, where sachkhand is where you immerse with Vaheguru), this means that they were indeed perfect/poorey/complete/ beings without any lapses, since they had been enlighteend by Akal Purakh Himself. Now the question arises, would these enlightened souls not make an effort to enlighten as many people as possible? Would BHagat Dhru ji or Prehlad Ji not, through their jeevan not inspire a lot of people to follow that 'Charan Chalo marag Govind'? Would their jeevans (just like you and I might be inspired by Bhagat Puran Singh Ji, Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji, Bhai Vir Singh Ji, Bhai Mani Singh JI, Bhai Taru Singh Ji, Bhai Gurdas ji etc etc), would these ideal 'complete' beings not automatically effect and inspire a lot of other people to follow that path to find that Vaheguru? I'm not sure how much Gurmat parchar Bhagat Puran Singh Ji did, however his seva, his lifestyle, his jeevani has inspired thousands of people to follow his tracks (which he's recieved from the Guru), and started doign Seva. His life has inspired many. Now if Bhagat Dhru and Prehlad were liberated/Sachkhand/salvated (whatever you want to call it) - would they not inspire others? Would they not be able to liberate/salvate others?

According to Bhai Gurdas Ji, Bhagat Trilochan Ji was Inspired by Bhagat Namdev ji (Not straight by Guru Nanak Dev Ji, which means that IF Bhagat Naamdev Ji met Guru Nanak Dev ji (which I have yet to read reliable reference saying they did), it means that Bhagat Namdev Ji was able to inspire Bhagat Trilochan Ji, who in his turn probably inspired a lot of others), which means that a complete 'soul' (atma merged with Paramatma) can indeed inspire a 'non-complete' i.e. a person filled with ego. Which now leads us to => Bhagat DHru and Prehlad JI most likely inspiring others, which means that there were those who were not straight followers of the Guru Nanak Dev JI whow as born in 1469 AD (at least who was PHYSICALLY born 1469, I am not talking about the souls liberated by 'Guru Nanak Dev Ji' prior to 1469)

My conclusion: Some people say that talking to them is like talking to Christian Missionaries. Unforuantly they do not realise how much they themselves sound like missionaries trying to say that their path is the only path, and that their 'marag' is the only marag to lead to Param-atma.

Sikhi is universal. Sikhi is not dogmatic. Sikhi does not acknowledge that it is the only path to God. As a matter of fact, Sikhi condemns any one making such claims, it is however very sad that Sikhs have started makign up such claims.

Bhull chukk maaf

I completly concur with Khalsa4ever. Singh132 has openly admitted that 'Guru Nanak' (in which I assume, you mean Akal Purakh) has himself saved the lives of several, such as Bhagat Dhur and Prehlad as you mentioned. This means that, since they were enlightend in in the state of Sach Khand (While yet alive, since the Khands are states of mind, where sachkhand is where you immerse with Vaheguru), this means that they were indeed perfect/poorey/complete/ beings without any lapses, since they had been enlighteend by Akal Purakh Himself. Now the question arises, would these enlightened souls not make an effort to enlighten as many people as possible? Would BHagat Dhru ji or Prehlad Ji not, through their jeevan not inspire a lot of people to follow that 'Charan Chalo marag Govind'? Would their jeevans (just like you and I might be inspired by Bhagat Puran Singh Ji, Bhai Randhir SIngh Ji, Bhai Vir Singh Ji, Bhai Mani Singh JI, Bhai Taru Singh Ji, Bhai Gurdas ji etc etc), would these ideal 'complete' beings not automatically effect and inspire a lot of other people to follow that path to find that Vaheguru? I'm not sure how much Gurmat parchar Bhagat Puran Singh Ji did, however his seva, his lifestyle, his jeevani has inspired thousands of people to follow his tracks (which he's recieved from the Guru), and started doign Seva. His life has inspired many. Now if Bhagat Dhru and Prehlad were liberated/Sachkhand/salvated (whatever you want to call it) - would they not inspire others? Would they not be able to liberate/salvate others?

According to Bhai Gurdas Ji, Bhagat Trilochan Ji was Inspired by Bhagat Namdev ji (Not straight by Guru Nanak Dev Ji, which means that IF Bhagat Naamdev Ji met Guru Nanak Dev ji (which I have yet to read reliable reference saying they did), it means that Bhagat Namdev Ji was able to inspire Bhagat Trilochan Ji, who in his turn probably inspired a lot of others), which means that a complete 'soul' (atma merged with Paramatma) can indeed inspire a 'non-complete' i.e. a person filled with ego. Which now leads us to => Bhagat DHru and Prehlad JI most likely inspiring others, which means that there were those who were not straight followers of the Guru Nanak Dev JI whow as born in 1469 AD (at least who was PHYSICALLY born 1469, I am not talking about the souls liberated by 'Guru Nanak Dev Ji' prior to 1469)

My conclusion: Some people say that talking to them is like talking to Christian Missionaries. Unforuantly they do not realise how much they themselves sound like missionaries trying to say that their path is the only path, and that their 'marag' is the only marag to lead to Param-atma.

Sikhi is universal. Sikhi is not dogmatic. Sikhi does not acknowledge that it is the only path to God. As a matter of fact, Sikhi condemns any one making such claims, it is however very sad that Sikhs have started makign up such claims.

Bhull chukk maaf

157760[/snapback]

" As a matter of fact, Sikhi condemns any one making such claims,"

really??

could u show some proof of that please.

Sikhi clearly says tht the only way to become one with vahiguru is through naam. sikhi clearly says that naam is ONLY obtained through satguru. and then 1+ 1=2

its not that hard you know.

singh132 has already clearly shown with support of gurbani tht sikhi alone leads to union with akaal purakh. yes, sikhi is universal in that anyone can take amrit and give their head to guru ji and become a sikh. sikhi is the only path to vahiguru as it is the only path upon which naam can be found.

1 + 1 = 2

That's a good way of putting it. So naam is required (true). A satguru is required to give naam (true). You missed the most important part of this entire conversation... Where does it say that Guru Nanak is the ONLY satguru that can give naam?

Sikhi clearly says tht the only way to become one with vahiguru is through naam. sikhi clearly says that naam is ONLY obtained through satguru. and then 1+ 1=2

its not that hard you know.

singh132 has already clearly shown with support of gurbani tht sikhi alone leads to union with akaal purakh. yes, sikhi is universal in that anyone can take amrit and give their head to guru ji and become a sikh. sikhi is the only path to vahiguru as it is the only path upon which naam can be found.

Then by your definition of Naam, it is only Waheguru and SatGuru is only Guru Granth Sahib. Then by default you have narrowed down the path of God to Sikhi. So then what makes you different from the Christians who claim that the Only path is through the only Son of God? What makes you different from the Muslims who say only Islam will take you to God? Isn't their faith in their scriptures just as equal as yours? What makes them so wrong from thinking that only christians/muslim will meet God?

In my understanding The Guru uses Naam in 2 different contexes. One, Naam being the Name of God ie: jap kayval naam. The Second Naam used in the context of the Divine Presence as the quotes below show.

Gurbani says that Naam has no beginning and no end. Therefore it would be correct to say that, in a way, any activity that takes us towards Naam is a component of Naam. The simple act of asking these questions is a part of Naam also. Sri Naranjan Singh Ji used to say that even a desire to rise at Amrit Vela to bathe and meditate upon Naam, is also Naam. Thus, various states of individual progress are all, part of the same Naam.

For example, realizing evanescence of life and the reality of death, agonizing over separation from Guru and God, experiencing Guru's love in Gurbani, feeling it in the nature, in the flowers, seeing God as the real doer, hidden behind everything and in everyone, being compassionate towards everyone, is all Naam. Shunning anything that would take us away from Naam, is also Naam.

True Naam can be obtained only from the Guru. It is realized in the company of someone who has realized it already. Such a person can never forget it and cannot live without it. Naam cannot be given or taken at will or at some scheduled moment. Some people think that Naam is obtained from the Panj Piyare at the time of Amrit Sanchar. This is a serious mistake. Naam is given and received only when God sees it fit. Guru is a perfect being who acts only under God's will. Naam is a perfect act. It is an act of perfect mercy, performed by the perfect being, at a perfectly appropriate moment, only when the seeker is perfectly ready, no sooner and no later. There is no human decision involved here, only love, and nothing else.

The word Naam is a symbol representing the spiritual dimension of Creation; it is the very Being of God permeating all that exists. Naam is not merely the 'Name of God' as is commonly believed; it symbolizes the Being of God filling all Creation."

"The word Naam means the Divine Essence, the Being of God. This Essence is formless, colourless, and featureless, but is present in all Creation. There is no place, no thing, no plant, no creature in which it is not (Jatyaa keetaa taytaa naa-on. Vin naavai naahee ko thaa-o). Being formless, colourless, featureless, this Essence cannot be seen or visualized by the mind.

We can see only the physical dimension of Realtiy in God's Creation - mountains, plants, trees, creatures, etc. Thus, the outer shell of Reality holds us (the appearances delude us) and we cannot pentrate deeper to experience the All Pervading Reality.

The physical dimension of Reality (the outer shell) is always in flux; it keeps changing. While birth, death, creation, destruction, etc., occur in the physical dimension of Creation, the Essence, the Immanent Being of God (Naam) never changes; it transcends space and time.

The word Naam is a symbol representing the spiritual dimension of Creation; it is the very Being of God permeating all that exists. Naam is not merely the 'Name of God' as is commonly believed; it symbolizes the Being of God filling all Creation."

the above is an excerpt from a footnote in Nitnaym Bananees Translated and Transliterated in English by Dr. Santokh Singh.[/i]

Naam and Shabad – As Manifest Divinity

Before we can delve deeply into Gurbani, we must, first and foremost, get established in our minds that on most occasions where the word Naam appears in the Gurbani, it does not connote a mere name of God, but a tangible entity, and a power-house of a tremendously potent and powerful source of all-pervading energy, normally lying still, dormant and inert in man. The following passages from the Sukhamani Sahib will make this point clear.

"Naam kei dhaarei agaas pathaal. Naam thei dhaarei sagal akaar. Naam kei dhaarei pureiaan sabh bhavan" meaning :-

"All the planets, whole Galaxies and the entire Cosmos is created and subsequently supported and sustained in their proper and precise orbits, by the Divine Power of Naam".

Again, it is recorded, towards the end of the formal Sikh Ardaas, "Nanak Naam Chadhthee Kellaah, Terei Bhanei Sarbat Thaa Bhellaa".

We have seldom, if ever, suspected that in this daily prayer/ardaas of the Sikhs, that Naam is succinctly defined directly as a Chardee Kalla, a Power House of limitless Energy that is never depleted but is ever in ascendancy, i.e. always self-replenishing and exuberant, which only God, the primordial Creator can actuate.

The Awakening of Consciousness:

As already pointed out under the third attribute of Shabad above, Naam is also resident inside of man, but normally existing in an inert and dormant state. This can be awakened but only through God’s Grace and Benevolence, after we adopt a stance of total, utter and unconditional surrender / submission to the depths of the Divine within, during our meditation moments in meaningful worship. This is corroborated in the SGGS as follows:

Page 268: "Asthir Bhagti Sadh ki Saran, Nanak jap jap jeevai Har kei Charan" - meaning:

"The highest form of meditation (Bhagti) is carried out by completely surrendering oneself to God. Nanak liveth by worshipping submissively in a totally surrendered state".

Please note that "Saad" here does not mean a Sadhu or a Saint, but God Himself, and since God, the formless all-pervading presence, cannot have any feet, "Har Ke charan" also alludes to surrender in complete submission.

SGGS Page 754:

"Har Ki Bhagti Sadh rung raatei, houmei vichoen jaallei", meaning

"Meditation (Bhagti) actuated by God is always accompanied by a feeling of ecstasy and a reaction (rung raatei) when the egoistic and other such self-willed tendencies are exterminated".

The Arousal of Surat:

When this all important charismatic commodity of the (Naam Kalla) is awakened from its state of slumber (Bisraam), it must leave behind in its wake, a tell-tale sign and an ecstatic experience. How could it be that when this great sleeping giant (Naam Kalla) is aroused and awakened inside of us, that we will not receive any sort of feeling and experience? Surely, we must! If inspite of our many holistic efforts, there occurs none of the prescribed experiences, as copiously described in our Sanctified Scriptures, then we can be certain that it has indeed not yet been stirred into the requisite - and much sought-after -awakening, variously termed as Naam Rung, Naam Rus, Naam daan (Gift of the awakened Naam), Naam Praaptee, Naam melai ("Nanak Naam melai Taan Jiwaan, Tan mun theewei Hariaah") – This is the last sentence in SGGS on Page 1429 meaning:

"Only when I received this Gift of the awakened Naam, can I be considered as really alive and living, resulting in my Body/Mind complex blooming in radiance".

"So then what makes you different from the Christians who claim that the Only path is through the only Son of God? What makes you different from the Muslims who say only Islam will take you to God?"

wat makes us different is naam

only naam can get you to god, and sikhi is the only path which gives naam

how do think jesus,mohammed,ram, etx.. reached god ?? .. answer .. NAAM !

they meditated on naam .. on gods name .. if guru nanak dev ji told us to jap naam and showed us the straight way and not through any other person then why not take that ?

guru nanak dev ji is telling us we can all make it .. do what other gursikhs did in the past did .. jap naam on guru jis name .. even guru nanak dev ji didnt say jap my name.. but only guru ji !

vaheguroo

vaheguroooo

vahegurooooooooooo pray.gif

"So then what makes you different from the Christians who claim that the Only path is through the only Son of God? What makes you different from the Muslims who say only Islam will take you to God?"

wat makes us different is naam

only naam can get you to god, and sikhi is the only path which gives naam

157846[/snapback]

Yes Naam is the way, but this Naam is and can be attained by anyone in any religion. The Guru is all prevading who bestowes this Naam and he is does not see Sikh or Muslim or Christian or Hindu. He sees Love and Love alone is capable of sustaining this Naam.

I take it you have not read the quotes that i posted. what is naam? Naam cannot be given by someone...it is in the hands of God and God alone and he bestowes it to who he sees fit. Naam is not somthing that is so easily attained by the means of baptism. What you are given is a means through which you make yourself capable of recieving the daat of Naam.

So then there is no difference. Muslims say theirs is the only way through the Quaran and Mohammad, Christians say only through Jesus, you say only through Naam. So i ask again what is the difference? What makes you more right then they? You are only repeating what organized religion has been repeating since to monopolize the path to God. Your statements are parallel to the statement of Muslims and Christians. They are only different in the words that are used. The faith of a Christian that only Jesus is the way is no different from the faith you have that only Naam is the way. Your statement does not break the cycle of monoplization, instead you create a new house in parallel to the old ones and say this is the one.

Sat Sri Akal:

If Sikhism is not the only way...so what? Don't worry...I am sure that the Almighy will not run out of room in the Divine Lap. The more the merrier no?

Sikhism is a path to salvation...is it the only one...don't know. But salvation/Mukhti is the important goal...focus on that. Salvation is not an Olympic event that your faith has to take first place in. This is a race in which achieving the goal is important.