Sikhs Have Become Cowards

Prem

Sikh girls and women have become the same. There was a time when noone will dare to look at Sikh woman because they knew that Sikh were people of high spirit. Now a days, you can see Sikh girls exchanging numbers like blondes. People think that "Sikh" (im using Sikh loosely here) woman is second easiest girl to get number from after blonde girls.

Honor killing is bad but then eastern culture always considered women a symbol of honor. Honor killing has become problem in worldwide community and it's not one community related. Read at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

Should we stop honor killing? 100% YES. Should our girls give some priority to family values and dignity? 100% YES. Just keep in mind that there is only one culture which west follows and that is agriculture. This is only east where other culture exist.

You may want to read few articles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femicide

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who agrees with me? That Sikhs have become a group of people complicit in the evil amongst us by our inaction and refusal to deal with the large scale abuse, violence and killing of women and girl foetuses?

That we overflow with cowardice, because only cowards persecute and kill girls?

156625[/snapback]

Sikhs are not cowards, Gur ka Sikh is not a coward or any of the things you mention! the title of your thread annoys me.

Right. So what are Sikhs doing about it? Remember, saying that those who do this are not true Sikhs as some people do say is another form of cowardice, because they are sticking their head in the sand and saying it is nothing to do with me, because they are either too ashamed, too lazy, or too cowardly to do anything about it.

When the Gurujis took a stand on the issues like this, they were brave, and they told us to be brave. Now, we would rather not face up to it. This is why I think Sikhs have become cowards, because we allow the killing and persecution of the truly weak take place on a massive scale amongst us.

156629[/snapback]

What are you doing about it?

iv heard what you mention but its never happened to any of my relatives or anyone i know. but i said they are not true sikhs am i a coward?

Who agrees with me? That Sikhs have become a group of people complicit in the evil amongst us by our inaction and refusal to deal with the large scale abuse, violence and killing of women and girl foetuses?

That we overflow with cowardice, because only cowards persecute and kill girls?

156625[/snapback]

I persume from your words and previous posts your female. But the way you seem label ALL Sikh men complict with these kinda anti-sikh activities is disgusting and disgraceful. Sikhs are not cowards.... period!! we are sons and daughters of bravest of the brave.

We can fight these social evil's but like I said in my previous post the more people lack of knowledage of Sikhism and more interested in culture, caste, race, selfish interests, etc..... the more these kinds of incidents will take place.

By the way.....killing a foetus is wrong doesnt matter whether its male or female.

If your suggestions are women should not be killed because they can not be evil...please refer to Indira gandi on par with adolf hitler... to us she was to Sikhs what Hitler was to Jews. Doesnt matter what gender a person is if they commit evil crimes they should face justice.

... Sikhs are not cowards.... period!! we are sons and daughters of bravest of the brave.

We can fight these social evil's but like I said in my previous post the more people lack of knowledage of Sikhism and more interested in culture, caste, race, selfish interests, etc..... the more these kinds of incidents will take place.

156687[/snapback]

Well don't we all know by now that culture whether punjabi, western, whatever cannot mix with sikhi? I don't get it why ppl don't understand that concept yet...

But live and learn - what comes around, goes around no.gif

If your suggestions are women should not be killed because they can not be evil...please refer to Indira gandi on par with adolf hitler... to us she was to Sikhs what Hitler was to Jews. Doesnt matter what gender a person is if they commit evil crimes they should face justice.

156687[/snapback]

Where did that come in bro :wub: @

Anyways, i'm sure we all got different views on eligion and culture. But what is certain is that there is a fine line between the two... don't mix em, or you will fall!

BTW, the only ppl who are cowards are ppl who don't know sikhi enough.

Sat Sri Akal:

One word: CHILL. Prem Ji, while your heart is in the right place, your message reads with plenty of misdirected emotion. First, as per the Rehat Maryada, a Kuri Maar is an immediate Patit...cannot make much more a punishment for a person unless you would like an immediate death penalty...you can discuss that at the Akal Thakt.

Next, one of the worst things a human can do is generalize. Tell me, are you willing to include Gursikhs in this category too? How about those running Pingalwara Trust and Mata Gujri Trust? They cowards too? How about the people who donate money to them? How about those who are trying to raise awareness about this issue? How about those who celebrate the birth of a girl child with equal, if not more, fervor as a male child? How about those Sikhs who vehmently oppose Lorhi because it is a festival which celebrates male children? How about those Sikh husbands who have deep love for their wives and would never think of hitting them? How about those Sikhs who embody the concept of two bodies/one soul that Guru Sahib writes about?

These problems of domestic violence and female infaticide do exist...but it is not only Punjabis/Sikhs. It is also apparent in the rest of India. You are attempting to blame a cultural/national problem onto a religion that is strictly opposed to such things. When people who perpetuate such crimes themselves do not follow Sikhism, how can you then label them Sikhs and blame those who are completely innocent of such crimes?

even those are cowards that no whats going on yet do nothing to try and stop it, if people are so annoyed they should be doing something abou it, if all the peopel on this thread that have talked against Prem have been doing so and doing there best efferts to stop this kind of thing happening, then i oppoligise to those gursikhs, at this moment in time i would proberby stick myself under the cowards list, i have long heard of these things happening although i no its rong and would like to stop it i have done nothing in practice yet, until i do im still under this banner. again to all u sikhs that are making that difference in the world, sorry.

Bhul Chuk Maff

Add me to the list of parwinder, sikh supreme, & ms514 as one who find the tone of the original post a bit strange.

I am also passionate about the same things that Prem points out as many others here likely are. However, Prem people may lose your important messages and start to question your motives if you aren’t a bit more careful in how you express yourself.

As for the extent to which Prem you are passionate about this topic, it is almost an absolute necessity to be so d_oh.gif