Sikhs Have Become Cowards

Prem

First of all, I am not a woman. Secondly, all those who are offended by the post - GOOD! You need to be offended to wake you up. Comparing Sikhs to other people and saying they do it too is pathetic - we are Sikhs and supposed to be incomparable with other people - supposed to be BETTER than them.

Others who are offended because of 'generalising' and because a 'true Sikh' does not do these things come under the cover of what I was saying - people who do not face up to the fact that Sikhs are slaughtering the daughters of Guru Gobind Singhji inside the womb, and yes, if you allow that to happen without doing anything about it we have become cowards in DENIAL.

I want us to LIVE UP to our SELF PROCLAIMED standards of bravery.

Why do we persecute women? Why do so many Sikhs let it happen? What do we do about it? And it occured to me that Sikhs greatest weakness is in this area - and it is in the area of cowardice, because people who persecute women are cowards. And when we let that happen, we let the whole Sikh religion and our ideals of bravery to be destroyed.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I'm new to this forum. I agree Sikhs are becoming cowards. Maybe we are already all now cowards. Around us many things go on.

We are scared to stand up and make a difference. People could slap our Panth and we just let it happen.

There are many examples of how Sikhs have become cowards. Sikhs even defend wrong doers, just because they dont want to or cant do anything about it. So they make excuses for themselves.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

... Sikhs are not cowards.... period!! we are sons and daughters of bravest of the brave.

We can fight these social evil's but like I said in my previous post the more people lack of knowledage of Sikhism and more interested in culture, caste, race, selfish interests, etc..... the more these kinds of incidents will take place.

156687[/snapback]

Well don't we all know by now that culture whether punjabi, western, whatever cannot mix with sikhi? I don't get it why ppl don't understand that concept yet...

But live and learn - what comes around, goes around no.gif

If your suggestions are women should not be killed because they can not be evil...please refer to Indira gandi on par with adolf hitler... to us she was to Sikhs what Hitler was to Jews. Doesnt matter what gender a person is if they commit evil crimes they should face justice.

156687[/snapback]

Where did that come in bro :@ @

Anyways, i'm sure we all got different views on eligion and culture. But what is certain is that there is a fine line between the two... don't mix em, or you will fall!

BTW, the only ppl who are cowards are ppl who don't know sikhi enough.

156694[/snapback]

Not all culture is bad bro, it's fine to have some traditions and uniqueness that do not harm people's rights, but I used to take it for granted that people knew the basics of Sikhi that people could differentiate between religion and culture but looking at the state of our society, im beginning to wonder whether a big reform movement needs to be started to educate people.

And I would agree cowards are those who do not know sikhi.... :wub:

First of all, I am not a woman. Secondly, all those who are offended by the post - GOOD! You need to be offended to wake you up. Comparing Sikhs to other people and saying they do it too is pathetic - we are Sikhs and supposed to be incomparable with other people - supposed to be BETTER than them.

Others who are offended because of 'generalising' and because a 'true Sikh' does not do these things come under the cover of what I was saying - people who do not face up to the fact that Sikhs are slaughtering the daughters of Guru Gobind Singhji inside the womb, and yes, if you allow that to happen without doing anything about it we have become cowards in DENIAL.

Why do we persecute women? Why do so many Sikhs let it happen? What do we do about it? And it occured to me that Sikhs greatest weakness is in this area - and it is in the area of cowardice, because people who persecute women are cowards. And when we let that happen, we let the whole Sikh religion and our ideals of bravery to be destroyed.

156711[/snapback]

Prem, can I ask you a question. What have you done to stop this evil practise? It's all well and good going making countless threads on this subject and infereing SIKH MEN are complict in this evil practise yet 40% of punjab is Hindu do you not think Hindu Punjabi's are not to blame too? Do you not think Punjabi Sikh women may want Son's only aswell! Do you think just men automatically want just boys? IT IS A SOUTH ASIAN / PUNJABI CULTURAL ISSUE TO WANT BOYS OVER GIRLS NOT A RELIGIOUS ONE!!

I made threads regarding girls dishonouring themselves acting cheap, smoking, drinking, sleeping around, claiming to represent Sikhi and Khalistan and I took action I contacted them and tried to educate them with our history and consequences for their actions. Some listened and changed for the better others however who still have massive ego's will only learn the hard way by life experiences. I took action, I took time out to help.

And until you actually take action on this issue, which many are passionate about, your words are will just fall on deaf ears.

Gurfateh!!

The original post and header stated that this is a hypothesis. Those of you who are bedazzled by the original post and it hit a wrong key with you then relax, argue why sikhs are not cowards instead of raising arms.

Secondly look at this topic from an outside perspective, not all sikhs have as much knowlegde on these topics as you, it does NOT mean they are not sikhs!!!

Who are we to judge who is a sikh, think about the meaning of the word Sikh, and then use your knowlegde to guide those who are on the wrong path.

Dont just caste them out as non Sikhs

gurisK gurisK pujkY Bwie Bgiq BY Bwxw BwvY]

gurasikh gurasikh pujakai bhaae bhagath bhai bhaanaa bhaavai||

Who loves another Sikh and embraces the love, devotion, and fear of God;

If you do not show those on the wrong path love but reject them with hatred we will never solve these problems which have been highlighted.

These problems are occuring everywhere in the world and yes unfortunaly in Punjab, which all non sikhs would see as the homeland as sikhs and instantly give sikhs a bad stereotype. Alot of westerners think that sikhs are whiskey drinking alcoholics just because they go to punjab and see the amount punjabis drink.

Unfortunatly it is Sikhs who must bear the grunt of this. However if we ignore this problem and let it carry on only we are to blame. I hope you all agree that we as Sikhs should come to gether and help highlight all these issues and help solve them rather then let them carry on while we turn a blind eye using the excuse that those people can not be sikhs!!!!

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

156711[/snapback]

I have posted passionately about similar issues. I find much of punjabi culture to be absolutely disgusting. However, the most active, passionate, and RESPECTFUL male and female feminists I know are SIKH. I find Sikhs to be absolutely inspiring.

Prem you are well aware that Sikhs are a highly visible minority and there are stereotypes about Sikhs everywhere. Every woman in my family is highly educated, independent and all the men in my family find the sexist behaviors you describe as disgusting. There is no machismo hierarchy in my family.

I have gone for job interviews with people who know of Sikhs but know very little about them. These are the “elite educated” of our society. It was more than a few times that I was asked to defend Sikhs and women in the guise of conversation in the interview. If the women in my family were present to listen to their assumptions, the interviewers would have had an earful. I educated them, acknowledged problems and diplomatically let them know that I was not interested in their stereotypes about all Sikhs.

Prem why restate a part of your message which is divisive and will alienate others? It should be more important to express a bit of humility and try to understand those that AGREE with you so we can move forward.

Yes, the problem lies in 'Punjabi' culture , that shouldn't be generalised to 'Sikhs'

however i read the post and replies and given alot of thought to the problem the thread is trying to tell us.

and this is not only in punjab , generally in india boys seem to hav this superiority. this is also in china, where these ppl left baby girls on the streets to die or killed them in other horrible ways because they wanted only boys. women are just as much to blame, they are the ones who can make the biggest difference.

SIkhs are against this.

to solve this issue is to educate ppl and tell them. alot has been done, i have seen some links on this forum im sure which were about this issue.

Gurfateh!!

The original post and header stated that this is a hypothesis. Those of you who are bedazzled by the original post and it hit a wrong key with you then relax, argue why sikhs are not cowards instead of raising arms.

yea your rite, iv just done what you said in my other post.

but if you want the reason why sikhs are not cowards, im sorry i can not do that as you know that would take me a lifetime!! would it not? :TH:

Bole So Nihal ...SAT SRI AKAL!!!!!!

but if you want the reason why sikhs are not cowards, im sorry i can not do that as you know that would take me a lifetime!! would it not?  :TH: 

Bole So Nihal ...SAT SRI AKAL!!!!!!

156778[/snapback]

Gurfateh!!

Sat Sri AKAALL!! Gurbar AKAAAAL!!!

Gurfateh!!

156781[/snapback]

Maybe those who do not respect the birth of females, should be punished.........not sure how, or at least make a law in india about it, not that laws are enforced well ther