Does Wearin A Paagh Mean U Ave To Become Amrit

Wahiguru Ji Ke Khalsa Wahiguru Ji Ke Fateh

i wear a paagh n keep a nice neat short beard. My parents berade me about it saying that i should keep a full dari and do amrit. Why is it that elders say this must be done because it doesn't say in the guru granth sahid that keeping kesh means you must become amrit

loads of people wear turbans , sikhis, muslims, hindus etc..... the turban is a cultural thing to some.. however in sikhi it has some religious significance..

if you want to get towards sikhi then obviously keeping kesh taknig amrit etc.. should be thoguht about at some stage..

if you dont want to get into sikhi n like u lifestyle u have no carry on but when you do somethnig bad dont consider urself a sikh n dont let people think that u are a sikh .. there are ltos of people out their who wear turbans etc... but go around with khandeh etc.. on them n then go around clubbing drinknig etc...

if u want to keep a trimd beard thats your choice no1 can force you to keep it obviously

but next time u go go trim ur beard or whatever think of bhai taru singh and the countless shaheeds that have

given their head but not their hair

Wahiguru Ji Ke Khalsa Wahiguru Ji Ke Fateh

i wear a paagh n keep a nice neat short beard. My parents berade me about it saying that i should keep a full dari and do amrit. Why is it that elders say this must be done because it doesn't say in the guru granth sahid that keeping kesh means you must become amrit

OK lets start with some basics. For a Sikh there is no such thing as a nice neat scissored beard. Such a person trying to represent themselves as a Sikh looks like a barbarian. For a Sikh it is a nice neat pristine and rebellious beard/kes.

I don't get the trimmed beard argument that so many people follow. They say they want to keep a "neat" short trimmed beard because it looks nice to them. What about Pita Guru Gobind Singh Ji? The reason that we have our identity is because of him. When you keep the hair on your head yet trim your beard, you are basically telling Guru Sahib that the identity that he gave us was flawed, cutting our beards is a "better" and "cleaner" look. That's a hot steamy pile of you know what. If anyone wants to call themselves a Sikh first step is the ability to keep Full Kesh and Full Dharee, no trimming. Once you can do that, then definately take Amrit which is essential. If someone who can't keep the basics of Sikhi, for one which is hair, then simply wearing a turban yet trimming their beard does not make them a Sikh.

Bul Chuk Maaf Karnee Jeeo

The cutting of the hair is deemed a Bajjar Kurait/Cardinal Sin.

The keeping of the unshorn hair is a first condition on taking the Amrit.

Actions speak louder than the words my friend. Keeping an image of the Sikh is no use if actions are not of the Sikh way. But one must try first to do good deeds like -

do the seva in the home first with the family - the charity starts at the home.

do the simran at home.

these will help you spiritually. Then keeping the hair and taking the amrit will be no issue to you. It may be an issue now that you are simply no ready for. We must prepare for Amrit without any doubts.

Living the lifestyle of the saint is very difficult. We are all here as sinners and our ultimate goal is to surrender to the God and make sacrifice to live in way that pleases the God.

The Parents and The God are very similar. The parents bring us up cleaning the poo from our bottom. they teach us many things like small talk and walk.

Guru Ji is of the same. Little bits of the knowledge are given to us through our experiances and sangat. The sangat is very important. We have conscience and the ability to ask why, research and then once understood we try to put the knowledge in to the practical life.

Keeping of the hair is very important. That is if you want to live by the vill of the God/ the Guru Ji.

Who should we keep happy?

The God ?

The Guru ?

The Parents ?

The Friends ?

The Girl Firends ?

The Boy Friends ?

The Wife ?

The Kaam Karodh Lobh Moh Ahankar ?

The Kaljug ?

Or

The Truth ?

Life is the full of many many difficult scenarios and the choices.

If you seek enlightenment learn to live the Sikh way of Guru Nanak Dev Ji , Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

hope this helps

forgive any mistakes

Vahiguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa Vahiguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Sat Sri Akal:

I hate tooting my own horn, but perhaps you should read this as to the universal significance of the uncut hair and turban:

http://www.sikhpride.com/old/lit/imphair.htm

As per Guru Granth Sahib and hair...well, this should work:

rom rom mehi basehi muraar ||

and on each and every hair, the Lord abides.

(Bhagat Kabeer Ji, Raag Gauree, 344).

Now, the question presents itself: Do you want to follow the path of a Sikh? If so, then you must keep your hair uncut as per the requirement of the faith.