Sikhi Camp 2006

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No there wont be tents or individual rooms!

The boys and girls have seperate dorms, each camper get their own bed, so no need to sleep on the floor on the grass outside! For people in the UK, if you remember the TV show, 'Bad Lads Army' the army barracks used in that show was the site of last years camp. The dorm's camp sites are used by the army, and similar groups and so is of good quality!

Individual rooms aint too good an idea at camp, since the point is that you get sangat, and plus when people start getting up early in the morning and flickin on light switches it kinda encourages even the laziest amongst us to get up as well!

as i said this years campsite and facilities are great, especially the surrounding areas, the view is breathtaking!

have all the people interested sent their forms in? Spoke to someone yesterday and the forms are flooding in so get them in fast!!!!!!!

Last Questions...Is it shared showers then? Where all the guys are expected to shower together? like in Bad Lads Army!

Also what is the activilty schedule? What sports etc are thier being planned?

Sorry for annoying you with questions...I'm still trying to sell it to friends.

No there wont be tents or individual rooms!

The boys and girls have seperate dorms, each camper get their own bed, so no need to sleep on the floor on the grass outside! For people in the UK, if you remember the TV show, 'Bad Lads Army' the army barracks used in that show was the site of last years camp. The dorm's camp sites are used by the army, and similar groups and so is of good quality!

Individual rooms aint too good an idea at camp, since the point is that you get sangat, and plus when people start getting up early in the morning and flickin on light switches it kinda encourages even the laziest amongst us to get up as well!

as i said this years campsite and facilities are great, especially the surrounding areas, the view is breathtaking!

have all the people interested sent their forms in? Spoke to someone yesterday and the forms are flooding in so get them in fast!!!!!!!

Last Questions...Is it shared showers then? Where all the guys are expected to shower together? like in Bad Lads Army!

Also what is the activilty schedule? What sports etc are thier being planned?

Sorry for annoying you with questions...I'm still trying to sell it to friends.

I can only speak from last year as I've not seen this years venue or anything but if I find out, ill let you know.

Yes last year we shared these showers, they were actually cubicles so you do get privacy but it was a special block just with showers and toilets and sinks. I don't know what the facilities are like this year.

• 2 weeks later...

do you no what kind of activties will be taking place?

Ive heard the site is really great, and there are loads of activities taking place both sikhi and physical, but i dont wana be specific just in case. But u would expect stuff like gatka, high/low rope activities, archery, football, canoeing, army type activities, kirtan and santheya :TH: