Vegetarian Or Non Vegetarian?

...no amritdhari is to eat meat or u goin to hell.u could b in denial, i dont care, im not amrit shak but i dont eat any meat (including eggs and fish -lol) but i'm a pappi so mayb ( God forbid)i'll see u in hell-end of story

so you go against maryada... you are cursing someone to go to hell... you are accusing thousands of amritdaris all over the world... you try to devide us with yuor words of hate... and you can't even bother to make any backup quotes or show us any proof of your stance.

And i bet you still use animal products one way or another rolleyes.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ah, here we go again :lol:

'Type of Amrit ceremony' aside, it's actually quite simple.

Eggs have the potential to become a living creature, while milk does not. Obviously if you are a vegetarian, the former is forbidden and the latter is alright. If you are not a vegetarian, it doesn't matter either way. Above and beyond that, considering humane methods and the like, you shouldn't drink milk because of the way it is obtained. Like all of the above posts it's ultimately 'your choice', but eggs are not vegetarian, while milk is.

Brother...eggs have no chance of becoming life....they are unfertilised......

They are taken away before they can be fertilized, for the sole purpose of being sold for food. They have the potential to become a living animal, but this life is stolen away from them.

bhullchukmaaf

Sat Sri Akal:

If Panj Pyare tell you meat is forbidden, so be it. If they tell you that it is a choice, so be it. Everything else in terms of discussion, not really that important. We are not the Guru, they are.

Move on to more important things. I think that Guru Sahib talked about a bigger problem with those 5 Vikaars that exist within most of us. Let's work on that, shall we?

ms514, thanks for summing this up - Admins, perhaps this is an issue worth sticking alongside other "banned discussions" like raagmala etc.

The Panth has made its mind up on this matter and let's leave it at that - the Akal Thakt maryada is one agreed by numerous scholars, sants, bhai sahibs and other reputable individuals, it is truly Panthic as it encompasses all groups (i.e. doesn't divide on the Raagmala issue, the keski issue or the meat issue), now if certain groups owing to their founding members walking out of panthic discussions continue with their fringe society elements, that's up to them - no matter how much they like to to claim they are panthic and support the Akal Thakt, clearly their actions indicate otherwise.

Let's move onto more important items, as ms514 veer said - the 5 vices are worth more attention than these little items.

Moreover, let's talk about Gurmat Veechar which is a lot deeper than eggs and fish! Try kicking off with Sidh Gohst which covers a good element of Gurmay fundamentals.

woah is this a joke?????

next ull be saying we can cut our hair as well

we should NEVER in any circumstances eat meat. there is no such thing as a meat eating sikh

if u eat meat u are not a sikh

jhatka is still meat so is still massive manmat

why do people who cant control their weak minds and their greed for materialistic satisfaction always try and defend themselves by making up a load of rubbish?

i feel sorry for all those who call themselves sikhs and then put meat into their mouths

how disgusting. eating dead animals. not gurmat

there is only the panj pyareh. theres no your panj or my panj

just one panj with one rehit

the rehit includes eating meat is a bujjar kurehit

what a joke.oa

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

woah is this a joke?????

we should NEVER in any circumstances eat meat. there is no such thing as a meat eating sikh

why do people who cant control their weak minds and their greed for materialistic satisfaction always try and defend themselves by making up a load of rubbish?

i feel sorry for all those who call themselves sikhs and then put meat into their mouths

what a joke.oa

i totally agree with singhnee. bindy bains, im not accusing amritdharis of anything b/c amritdharis dont eat meat (including fish and eggs-icant believe i have to mention that everytime).if some "punj pyare are telling u to eat meat **NEWSFLASH** they're not punj pyare :lol:

Pretty kool. Everyday forumers have the authority to tell who is roop of Guru ji and who is not.

Woulnd't be surprised to hear that Guru Khalsa Panth isn't Guru either....

Agree with Niranjana and Ms514 veerjee.

No point in continuing debating this tedious subject again and again....

Bhull Chukk Maaf

woah is this a joke?????

what a joke.oa

woah what a monomaniac joke. Stop turning meat into a religious issue.

The Rehat Maryada is clear on this issue. Meat eating has only become a taboo in the last century due to brahminisation and iduction of fussar panthis into Sikhi. Go to places untouched by the brahmin-mat, like Pakistan and Afghanistan and you will see that the sikhs there eat meat without any problem. Why do brianwashed brahmin inspired fussar panthis insist that meat eating is wrong ?

Which rehat states eating meat is a bujjar kurehit ? Have you issued your own rehat maryada ?

NO ONE IS PUTTING MEAT IN YOUR MOUTH ! THAT IS YOUR PERSONAL CHOICE (which is not made for any religious compulsion.)

Take you brahmin-mat ideas elsewhere.

Gurfateh ji

yo buddy.....i never even sed anything bout meat....i jus wanted to know bout milk and eggs rolleyes.gif ....no meat....LOL.....so i benti to da sangat......pleez stay wid da topic.....dun go so far and then completely change it pleez....LOL....thanks!!!and i understand now....thank you sangat!we should jus stop this now....thanks! d_oh.gif

Gurfateh ji