Indians In The World Cup?

sikhness

Sat Sri Akal,

So what's the deal? Why wasn't India participating in the World Cup this year (or in the past)? Anybody know their rank for the qualifier? Are there any sikhs on the team? They have such a huge population, there's got to be a few good football stars wandering around somewhere, right? Just wondering..

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/team...e.html?team=ind

We did really bad in the qualifiers...

"India qualified for the 1950 FIFA World Cup™ after a number of teams withdrew from the tournament. However, they declined to participate after FIFA prohibited playing barefoot."

LOL.gif

jus read this on the site now

lolllllllllllllll

India is currently ranked 117 by FIFA. There are no. of punjabis in football. One of the main reasons they can't pull a decent team is, because of politics and corruption. Also lack of intrest among general population prevents big companies from sponsring the events. A friend of mine plays for Under 20 indian team, which is lot better than national team, as there is less corruption so talented youth can come forward. But the way corruption is there... it will be years till we see indian team playing world cup.......

India is currently ranked 117 by FIFA. There are no. of punjabis in football. One of the main reasons they can't pull a decent team is, because of politics and corruption. Also lack of intrest among general population prevents big companies from sponsring the events. A friend of mine plays for Under 20 indian team, which is lot better than national team, as there is less corruption so talented youth can come forward. But the way corruption is there... it will be years till we see indian team playing world cup.......

I have to agree with the above. Corruption is killing all sports in India. I have one friend who was taken down from Indian National hockey team because the new player who replaced him paid good $$.. Pretty sad !