• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-praying to idols is a symbol of love

-fasting is a symbol of love/devotion

-worshipping animals is a symbol of love

-sacrificing animals is a symbol of love

-wearing the janeoo is a symbol of love

-all rituals are symbols of love

What about listening to our Guru's teachings? Is this not love? There is manmat and gurmat. If you want to follow manmat, then follow this type of love, if you love your guru, then as guru nanak dev ji says:

jau qau pRym Kylx kw cwau ] (1412-2, slok vwrW qy vDIk, mÚ 1)

ja-o ta-o paraym khaylan kaa chaa-o.

If you desire to play this game of love with Me,

isru Dir qlI glI myrI Awau ] (1412-2, slok vwrW qy vDIk, mÚ 1)

sir Dhar talee galee mayree aa-o.

then step onto My Path with your head in hand.

iequ mwrig pYru DrIjY ] (1412-3, slok vwrW qy vDIk, mÚ 1)

it maarag pair Dhareejai.

When you place your feet on this Path,

isru dIjY kwix n kIjY ]20] (1412-3, slok vwrW qy vDIk, mÚ 1)

sir deejai kaan na keejai. ||20||

give Me your head, and do not pay any attention to public opinion. ||20||

Now, are we gonna play the game of love with sikhi, our guru sahib, or manmat?

but to be honest I am all for the idea of dropping Rakhri, I'll get to save my £5 :D and plus it starts smelling when it gets wet and it doesnt come off unless you cut it.

much better idea.....coz bipran ki reet......we should try to be sikhs of guru = gursikhs not sikh of our own mann = manmuks

Just wanted to remind u lot (yet AGAIN) it is not a hindu nor a sikh thing.

its strictly CULTURAL - originated from Rajastan.. Do your research!!!

Thank you someone with common sence, finally!! Guru Nanak Dev Ji tied a Rakhi around his sisters rist.

This Brahmanvaad came in during Ranjit Singh's rule. A lot of hindus became Sikhs because Sikhs had the rule. They were also taken without being given Gurmat Gyan. So because of this, these practices crept in. There are a lot of brahmanvaadee practices which also happen in Gurudwaras.

e.g. washing darbar sahib with milk

That's not the only thing. Sikhs have to live amongst the hindus in india and they influence Sikhs far too much. They also observe the Snake worship rituals as i noticed when i went in the month of August!! :D

I blame the lder generation for continuing this hindu ritual. The youth will not care for it if the elders didn't encourage it!

BTW - If we did eradicate it the sisters would be very upset, because they'd be losing a lot of revenue :e:

I was always told that Guru Nanak Dev Ji's sister used to tie a Rakhri on him and that it is just a symbol of love, I have even seen a picture depicting this scene

They draw anything they like on pictures to depict what they like! - Doesn't mean it occured! no.gif

Das Guru's never observed any Hindu/Muslim rituals. But us 'Sikhs' do so Guru's will be pleased! no.gif

Just wanted to remind u lot (yet AGAIN) it is not a hindu nor a sikh thing.

its strictly CULTURAL - originated from Rajastan.. Do your research!!!

Thank you someone with common sence, finally!! Guru Nanak Dev Ji tied a Rakhi around his sisters rist.

Let me guess, you've seen a picture? so it must be right..... rolleyes.gif

Hinduisation of Sikhi

sangatjeeeee bewareeeeeeeee

RSS14.jpg

2005-07-10_illustrated7.jpg

2005-07-10_illustrated1.jpg

RSS4.jpg

nanak.jpg

2005-07-10_illustrated6.jpg

2005-07-10_illustrated11.jpg

these pictures are insulting. we believe in equality, an amritshak bibi carries a kirpan, and we do not believe in the wearing of threads. Rakhria is nothing to do with Sikhi and is totally against Gurmat. A Hindu does Hindu practices, A Sikh of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj follows the teachings of Gurbani. Its your choice, follow manmat or follow gurmat.khalsa jeeeeo stay tyar bar tyarrrr dont believe pictures, believe Gurbaneeeeee

Hinduisation of Sikhi

sangatjeeeee bewareeeeeeeee

RSS14.jpg

2005-07-10_illustrated7.jpg

2005-07-10_illustrated1.jpg

RSS4.jpg

nanak.jpg

2005-07-10_illustrated6.jpg

2005-07-10_illustrated11.jpg

these pictures are insulting. we believe in equality, an amritshak bibi carries a kirpan, and we do not believe in the wearing of threads. Rakhria is nothing to do with Sikhi and is totally against Gurmat. A Hindu does Hindu practices, A Sikh of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj follows the teachings of Gurbani. Its your choice, follow manmat or follow gurmat.khalsa jeeeeo stay tyar bar tyarrrr dont believe pictures, believe Gurbaneeeeee

THANKS BRO

I try to show these pics by posting the url in general history or topic whatever in my topic sikhi de ult but no one give any responce to that topic. but thanks, u try to show that by posting pics directly.