Independent Panthic Membership Block For The Park Avenue & Havlock Road Gurdwaras

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Membership for the Park Avenue and Havlock Road Gurdwaras in Southall has been open for about two weeks - since Monday 10 July 2006.

Perhaps someone from the Southall area could confirm how long the membership will be open for (another two weeks?), times the registration office is open for becoming a member and who the membership is open to - Sikhs over 18 living in the catchment area of four West London Boroughs.

Many Sikhs have commented on this forum and others for the need for change and these two Gurdwaras to get involved in and promote Panthic activities.

One suggestion is that an 'INDEPENDENT PANTHIC MEMBERSHIP BLOCK' is built up of Sikhs over the age of 18, with an emphasis on younger Sikhs. Young Sikhs from the catchment area may wish to volunteer for the sewa of co-ordinating those belonging to the 'INDEPENDENT PANTHIC MEMBERSHIP BLOCK'. Details should be kept of name, address, membership number and contact details.

If an 'INDEPENDENT PANTHIC MEMBERSHIP BLOCK' of 500-1,000 members could be built up this could greatly influence the policies of those that will manage these two important Gurdwaras in the future. It would be a great start if regular Panthic programmes were to be given at the Gurdwaras and coaches could be arranged for the June 1984 March and Rally in central London. There is no reason why this BLOCK could not double its size over the next two years and eventually decide the outcome of who manages these Gurdwaras in its own right.

Some may think a BLOCK of 500-1,000 members is too large to develop in a short time period. However, the number of Sikhs over 18 estimated to be living in the four West London Boroughs must be in the region of 20-25,000 so this would appear to be a realistic target.

Based upon responses to this message, which should be widely circulated. Names and contact numbers will be given in the next 48 hours for Sikhs in the catchment area for these Gurdwaras who are willing to take on this important sewa.

YOUNG SIKHS (UK)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji.

Sounds like a good idea.

If anyone will actually be willing to do anything.

Most sikhs are happy sleeping.

So far all responding think it is a good idea to develop an INDEPENDENT PANTHIC MEMBERSHIP BLOCK, BUT THE deadly silence from those in the Southall area probably highlights the current difficulty it taking this forward.

Surely, there are four or five young Sikhs in the four London Boroughs in the Southall catchment area that feel sufficiently passionate to take on this sewa. A start NOW should be a good platform for the future.

Three of the four London Boroughs in the Southall catchment area are understood to be - EALING, HOUNSLOW and HILLINGDON. Not sure about the fourth - HARROW, BRENT OR HAMMERSMITH.

I dont know man. every1 talks about how this current comittee is very corrupt and there is a need for a change. change to what? the main opposition party leader is as corrupt as the current. he owns a club. drunk sikh girls go there every friday night to party.

The current comittee sets up innocents to get them arrested. They also say "u need permission to do sewa" "ask us first and when u get permssion to do sewa then u may"

If i vote for current party, nothing changes.

if i vote for the biggest oppostion party , nothin changes.

catch 22.

whats the point in all this. screw it. im cancelling my membership to vote. i dont care anymore.

nothing changes. nothing changes. nothing changs.

The 2 major parties, the sherr and the baj party think the sikhs exist to provide them with position, ... i think their position exists to provide us with true leadership. something that i think neitha parties are capable of.

both parties have so many votes....ha...even hindu votes. if they could just leaddddddd the sikhs with true leadership.......every sikh would follow them,... and so wud i.

sat sri akaal

post-5397-1153848302.jpg

post-5397-1153848627.jpg

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

About time someone took action, if Sikhs on Punjab a launching a Gurdwara reform programme to free the Gurdwara's from masand's.... then so should the UK Sikhs!!

SOUTHALL SIKHS AND SIKHS IN SURROUNDING AREA'S GET YOUR THINKING CAPS ON!

Daas fully backs plans for an INDEPENDENT PANTHIC MEMBERSHIP BLOCK!