Bhatri Sikh

Guest Bhatri Sikh

Guest Bhatri Sikh

Some of you suggested to run away, but that can create the biggest problems, talks will be going throughout the bhatra society. and illegit allegations would be made upon me. I havent got the choice to run away.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSA Bhatri Sikh,

I totally understand your dilemma and had the same problem with my nieces. I had no children but fought for the rights of my nieces. So when I allowed my nieces to be educated since it is a God given RIGHT I had NO fear when my child was a daughter. She like me will have the right to be educated at the University of Cambridge like her Father, Yes Cambridge (Bhatras can do it as well!)!

But these words mean little to you at this very moment. I totally understand you. You are like me 25 years ago fighting your mind and your love for family. What is you goth (sub-cast, Digpal, Landa etc) I may be able to help.

My goth is Digwa

Some of you suggested to run away, but that can create the biggest problems, talks will be going throughout the bhatra society. and illegit allegations would be made upon me. I havent got the choice to run away.

who cares if illegit allegations are made against you in ur 'bhatra society'.... stand up fa urself..... u can't expect things to happen on they own.. sometimes u gotz ta MAKE thingz happen... don't get involved in a situation you don't want to.... i personally think leavin home would be the best thing to do if u have 'no other choice'... like i said before... dun throw ur whole life away 'cause ur 'scared' of somethin.... ya nah supposed to fear nuttin.. i sure there's plenty of bhenji's in nottingham that would take u in... DO somethin bout ur situation, dun jus give up and say u have no hope...

hi Bhatri. im a Bhatra for the record but i don t believe in cast ect.

first of all dont run away. that is ridiculous.

well about this arranged marriage. why are you getting married in india anyway? why not get married to someone in the uk? if your not happy about getting married in india then can you not tell your parents?

let me assure you that. this isnt an everyday thing. 99% of Bhatras get to choose who they marry ie in the uk or in india. and their are quite a few love marriages happening more and more.

the reason Bhatras dont let their girls go to college uni ect. is becuase they think that this a place where boys will try it on ect. and are quite protective of their girls.

ill post more advice later.

cant you guys understand what she said..

she has made it clear that she IS GETTING MARRIED .. AT A AGE OF 15 .. AND SHE HAS NO OTHER CHOICE!!!!

if you all think thats cool, then wow.. i personally think that is just WRONG.. if all else fails, seek advice or get out.. unless you can stand the fact that you will be spending the rest of ur life with someone you dun know and maybe will be forced into a lot of things (ie. giving up your sikhi, no college/uni, forced chores, etx..).. I cant even imagine the pain you mite be going through but this is completely wrong what your parents are doing, and i hope you make the rite decision!

this is a very bad tradition thats coming down in our families where the parents dun give a crap about their girls but when it comes to the boys, it has to be the 'right' thing to do! no difference from killing of babies once they find out its a girl.. throwing away your girl at young ages just the same thing .. i bet theres always something they looking for in these things like family connections, money and they use girls to accomplish this with others .. reli sad..

Guest Bhat Elder

SSA Bhatri Sikh,

I totally understand your dilemma and had the same problem with my nieces. I had no children but fought for the rights of my nieces. So when I allowed my nieces to be educated since it is a God given RIGHT I had NO fear when my child was a daughter. She like me will have the right to be educated at the University of Cambridge like her Father, Yes Cambridge (Bhatras can do it as well!)!

But these words mean little to you at this very moment. I totally understand you. You are like me 25 years ago fighting your mind and your love for family. What is you goth (sub-cast, Digpal, Landa etc) I may be able to help.

My goth is Digwa

SSA

Would you feel better to talk on the Phone for advice?