Dr Zakir Naik

Come On - Please someone ELECT a Sikhi Scholar to stand up to him & Debate him on all these topics &

show the world that he's fake or wrong. You have so many Scholars - can someone please volunteer 2

Debate what he's saying ??? No fighting, just Debating - use your knowledge & wisdom & Guru Granth Sahib

will show the TRUTH !!!

Yes, PLEASE - we DESPERATELY need a Sikh scholar to Debate him & erradicate ALLthese false fake Showmans out & Bring out the TRUTH !!!

WHo do U recommend ??? Please ELECT someone from your religion quickly.

Desperately waiting, Naaz

waheguruji ka khalsa. waheguruji ki fateh.

im usually reprimanded by many of my friends and part of family as to why they see me engrossed in peace tv, listening keenly to zakir naik. its hard to explain why, but i like to be aware of what he's up to, and i do respect him for his knowledge and believe he is truly blessed. but ... this is what i make of him and his lectures:

1. he has self-defaulted in the process of his own speeches by getting carried away by his over-zealous belief in his own faith and put down every other religion on the planet. he claims to be a better christian than the christians, a better hindu than the hindus and so forth. the first sign of a wise man is humility. when he makes such claims in public, you know he is trying very hard to convince people of his own knowledge and the "supremacy" of islam.

2. on many many occasions, he is just blabbering, trying to confuse his audience with a flood of words. more often than not, he contradicts himself and his interpretation of his own religion's scriptures. he makes claims of sikhs and brandishing guns in their music videos and then says aout islamic terrorists are not good muslims as they are not living the life of a good muslim. he always refers to the best muslim as hazrat mohammad ji and the rest of teh black sheep as bad-reps of islam. he then has the guts to brand the black sheep of other faiths as the faith itself. how stupid is that?

3. he has, knowingly or unknowingly, subjected himself to ego by claiming that all he knows makes him a better judge of religions and their scriptures. he will never compliment another's faith, and will always bury it underneath his islamic claims.

4. knowledge does not amount to wisdom. even gurbani speaks of that. we may read and read as much as we may, but we will remain aloof of wisdom because we have not translated that knowledge is self-application to become more humble, soft-spoken, kind, tolerant ... etc. if you look at baba nanak, he was an epitome of humility and yet he was far more wiser and knowledgeable than the likes of naik. guru nanak never gave lectures, he held discourses. that's the big difference of how naik thinks and guru nanak thinks.

5. the audiences he draws are those who think like him ... they have been pulled over to him not to get enlightened, but to get themselves more rigid in their islamic faith. naik openly challenges some of the most respected religious gurus of his times.

6. i find his intentions insincere and of hidden-agenda. he may be able to fool others, but certainly not the enlightened.

7. he cannot touch sikhs, the khalsa, guru granth sahib, the sikh gurus and their history. whatever he claims against sikhism is baseless. he has memorised the quran, bible and gita. he may be able to memorise the guru granth sahib ji, but he will not be able to explain what guruji is saying because gurbani is for the humble and sanmukh, not for the vemukh, manmukhi and proud. all that he superfluously makes references from the scriptures is all above the surface explanations. he thinks the quran and other scriptures are as literal as he reads them. i may be able to memorise gurbani, but of what use is it if i have not understood the depth of even one word from it?

8. if he claims nanak was influenced by kabir, then islam must have been also influenced by hinduism because islam came later.

9. zaik is actually exposing the double standards of his religion. he is not aware of that. his intentions and ways to speech are no different from his predecessors - the mughal raj. its one thing to preach from your own garden than to come face-to-face with his challengers.

10. he will not be able to explain why bhai mardana, a staunch muslim, was a dedicated companion (if not follower) of guru nanak. he will probably claim that bhai mardana was a 'kafir' as he walked around with one.

11. islam will never admit that the mughal raj ended because of the sikhs' challenge. and were it not for the battle against tyrants and not against a faith, guru gobind singh may just have put an end to islam itself. be didn't do that because the sikh gurus highly regarded faithful, humble and devoted muslims - no wonder some of their holiest peers is part of our gurbani.

12. i don't think he knows or thinks good of muslims like bhai mardana ji, sain mian mir ji, ghani khan nabi khan, bhagat kabir ji and all those muslims who respected sikhs and their faith. naik probably regards them as traitors of islam.

in conclusion, i would encourage listening to his speeches. hear out what has to say because if we don't, naive sikhs will fall for his words. we need to keep our ears peeled and prepare ourselves first about what such people think of us so we can best defend our faith when the need arises. he is doing parchaar for islam, lets do ours, too, but not in the way he does, but in the ways our gurus taught and inspired us to. we don't have to be like him. we need to be like the LIGHT OF NANAK.

The man is a fraud, a medical doctor but he tries to fool people into thinking he has a PhD in Comparative Religion.

His knowledge, even of Islam, is marginal at best and he is constantly being deirided on Islamic forums like shiachat etc.

It's best to ignore moorakhs like that.

As is said in the Gita on page number 27 verse number 22 line number 14

Thats what he does to freak you out and think as if he programmed an entire scripture into his brains.

hehe Mehtab Singh is right

Such kind of preachers are time wasters. The fact remains that Islam is in dire need of

change and reinventing itself . read a book called 'legacy of the great four imams' by aftab

shahryar on this subject.

• 1 year later...

12. i don't think he knows or thinks good of muslims like bhai mardana ji, sain mian mir ji, ghani khan nabi khan, bhagat kabir ji and all those muslims who respected sikhs and their faith. naik probably regards them as traitors of islam.

These were Sufi Bhagats.

Sheik Bhagat Fareed Ji's work states that ritual worships to Mecca are pointless, fasting is pointless if you haven't the love of the almighty in your heart.

Sufi philosophy is hated by Sunni Muslims. People like Baba Bulleh Shah. Nasrut Fateh Ali Khan got many death threats and his music is still opposed by orthodox Muslims as he sang the words of Bhagats.

One thing we have the bare in mind, before the birth of Khalsa, Bhagats were recognised by the Gurus as the ones with a sincere connection with the Almighty.

And Bhagats never followed religions, Muslim practises of Halal butchery, fasting rituals and directions of prayers towards kabbah. Nor the Hindu practises of idol, caste or demi gods.

I think its wrong when we classify these Bhagats with a "religion"

Dr zak naik is a joke, he cant debate properly only does stand up comedy. To destory the Islamic supremist myth all you got to do is concentrate on what islam says on the afterlife. Sikhism talks of countless heavens and earths when you merge with the almighty. Islam talks of 7 heavens and the almighty sits on a throne and you will see his face if you reach jannah. Also in this very jannah you have rivers of wine (alcohol),, 72 virgin houri's, 36 pearl eyed boys (pleasures of the flesh), palaces made of diamonds. These fantastical crazy idea's of heaven is the desire of every muslim to reach they make halal in heaven what we consider haram to be on earth, which makes their so called heaven a pretty sick place.

regarding sufi's.....I would like to add because of the radicalisation export of oil rich saudi arab <Edited> ideology even sufi's of pakistani hertiage have been infected with a envious and hateful attitude towards Sikhs these days.

Real sufi's believers in mysticism and rejection of rituals in islam are few and far to find.