Crimewatch : Muslim Speaking For Sikhi?

Nama Singh

As i type, i am watching CrimeWatch... and im really annoyed.

There was a feature about honour killings etc and one muslim guy was talking about men and how backward thinking they are in regards to their women... the thing was, he actually referred to "Muslim and Sikh men"... i mean what the...?! How many cases do you hear of honour killings or beatings in the Sikh community? Ive never heard of one in my life, yet i do not deny these things happen.

He went on to say "this is a problem in the Muslim and Sikh community" ... we have seriously lost the plot - we are being so misrepresented and we stand by and let it happen openly...

Guest Glasgow Singh

yeh i heard that as well - never understood that - all the cases they brought to attention and the youths who they filmed sayin they suported the idea were all muslim... bad press man - sikhs should send letters in to beeb,,,

There was a feature about honour killings etc and one muslim guy was talking about men and how backward thinking they are in regards to their women... the thing was, he actually referred to "Muslim and Sikh men"... i mean what the...?! How many cases do you hear of honour killings or beatings in the Sikh community? Ive never heard of one in my life, yet i do not deny these things happen.

He went on to say "this is a problem in the Muslim and Sikh community" ... we have seriously lost the plot - we are being so misrepresented and we stand by and let it happen openly...

Dear Singh Sahib

I have missed this...if you could please send me an audio/video clip if possible (if its on repeat) or something (Editor@SikhSpeak.Com or for download), I will get on to this today/tomorrow write the BBC a "nice" letter, blog it and their reply, and also make sure I cover it in the SS MAgazine.... Please let me know...we can't sit here and take this rubbish! THE BBC are ONE WARPED channel, WHY ARE SIKHS always the brunt of their STUPID and CRAP journalistic work?

P.S. ALSO will send it to watchdog and various mediating bodies...

Complete <banned word filter activated>.

All the cases highlighted on the show were of Muslims (even the victim "Manjit" was a muslim) yet the complete <banned word filter activated> claims that it is a problem within the Muslim and Sikh communities. I guess if he had been true and said it is a Muslim problem he would not have been very welcome at Friday prayers at his local mosque.

yea this is nufink new.

they put us in their category so poeple will take them seriously. i got annoyed wotching aswell.

they even wear there head wraps like our dastaar (i have media of it if anyone wansto see) they do the whole laar the same as ours. in addition to this in there films they have fake singhs drunk and fighting and raping always carrying kirpana and then during these discusting acts they immediatly zoom in on pics of our Guru Sahibaans. again i have alil media of this if n e 1 wansto see. its annoying they always tarnish our image, then when their cumminity is being exposed they drag the sikhs in aswell. Im not saying honour killings dont happen in Sikh communities but to my knowledge they are very rare.

There is a case in canada of an "honor killing" which occurred in Punjab at the behest of the relatives in canada, jasi case i believe. it was shown on western news.

also sadly, many punjabi sikhs brag about honor killings. I personally hear relatives talk about how girls here in the west are lucky because if they were in punjab they would pay someone a few thousands rupees and have the girl executed and thrown into a well.

it's not a sikh problem but a cultural problem. Punjabi culture is very male dominated as well as class dominated. we share this punjabi culture with millions of punjabi Muslims....

I'm just writing this so you guys can do your research before bombarding these guys with your emails and letters.

It's a touchy subject but one which is right up there with female infanticide etc.

peace.

The main part of the crimewatch programme was devoted to honour killings. They reconstructed one particularly hideous case when the Muslim man strangled his ex-wife in front of her children. He's been on the run since 2000. Apart from the 'manjit' person who claimed she was set up for a forced marriage at 15 all the rest of the cases featured were Muslims. The 'manjit' person looked dodgy and looked like a Muslim rather than a Sikh. It's unbelievable that a Sikh family would try and get their daughter married off at 15! Did anyone else also notice that a lot of the photofit features now show a lot of Muslims. Out of 12 photofits about three were Muslims. Its shows how much crime Muslims are involved in nowadays. They are 9% of the prison population whereas they are only 3% of the general population. Maybe that Muslim spokesman should concentrate on his community rather that make unfounded accusations against Sikhs.

Bhaji can you provide any video link ???

ppl always bad talk about sikhi on media......but never sikhs bad talking about anyone. thumbs_up.gif

only muslims do that, still they say 'islam is in danger'. what the f*** makes them say that :D

Someone needs to put some stats forward, like what % of honour killing crimes in the uk are carried out by someone of sikh origin.....otherwise these dumb accusations remain unchallenged.

someone like the sikh federation need to take this up....if anyones going to the lobby day today they can try raise the issue....