Religious Clothing To College?

Guest sikh gyal

one of them used 2 drink and smoke and cut hair i have been told by a friend ??

what makes them change? what makes them want to be religious when most people see it as a burden??

guru ji has done kirpa on them

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of them used 2 drink and smoke and cut hair i have been told by a friend ??

what makes them change? what makes them want to be religious when most people see it as a burden??

well may he be a lesson to us all! he saw the error of his ways and changed, GOOD 4 HIM i say :nihungsmile: !!!! he realised that drinking and smoking didnt satisfy his needs anymore, ie he's not enticed by the "fake-ness" of intoxicants and cutting hair nowadays and he's eeeeeeven got the guts to wear guru jis baana d_oh.gif well done to him

why dont u ask him, im suuuuure he would tell you, you would learn alot..he doesnt bite! lol

like Guru jis Siphai said we all have a past....i raise my hand in shame... i have one 2 blush.gif lol

but instead of wasting time pondering what caused them 2 change and med them revert 2 a way of life that is a "burden" :lol: ( its not a burden lol you shouldnt care what other people think) we should be happy for them and let them be a source of inspiration 2 us andddd also we should be proud - thankful even that the panth still has gursikhs like them... d_oh.gif

pray.gif

ps. yeh kumi has a big trap they probly wanid 2 stay gupt but hes just blown it 4 em hasnt he?! loool

but still no1 has answered my question why do they wear it then?? is it beacuse their more religious or something?

because dem feel like it.... question answered... happy?

jus like u feel like wearin whateva u wear... dey feel like wearin bana, so the ydo...

nah everytin has an intellectually complicated or a super spiritual meanin behind it... if dem feel comfortable wearin bana, power to dem... if yuh waan know for SURE.. ask dem... no point in askin peepz dat don't know who dey are, why dem wear it...

and i don't agree wit da statement dat wearin bana 'shows ya love fa ur religion'... wha, because i don't wear bana everywhere I go, dat shud question my love for my guru?.... umm.. no.. not to say dat it doesn't require strength, which it does... buh because person A wears bana everywhere, dat don't mean dem have more LOVE for their guru, then person B who don't wear bana 24/7...

Sikhi isn't only OUTSIDE... i's INSIDE too.. don't judge a book by i's cover..

EHMIIIIII, whats it goto do with u!

Leave them alone, if u got questions ask em, buh do go on about ohh this nd datt

If YOU wanna wear them then WEAR them, if u dont then DONT go on around sayin why should they change, LET THEM CHANGE ITS NOT A BLOODY BAD THING GOSHHHHHHHH!!!

Well, yeaa.....

Erm how about approaching the gursikhs, and asking them what made them choose to wear baana, im sure they will be more than happy to answer your questions :TH:

maybe if she did that u can ur friends would called her POW

Never, if a bibi wants to learn more about her religion then there is nothing wrong in this. Its not the time to be childish, we as gursikhs need to resepct every one.

Please Kumi do not post negative posts, if some one wants to learn about there religion then motivate them. Show them and let them experience the love the same way mahraj has blessed us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sikh gyal,

Your questions are very valid and glad you asked these questions. You could have come up to one of the Singhs at the College I don’t think they would mind.

Personally daas (humble servant) does not know how to answer your question, it can’t be described in words but daas will do his best. Bana (Sikh uniform) has a unique thing to it, which can only be experienced. The only way daas can talk about it is by showing how daas feels about it and what it means to daas. If this post seems egoistic then please forgive daas.

When wearing bana one feels more connected to his beloved god,

kwieAw kwmix jy krI Bogy Bogxhwru ]

If I surrender my body like a bride, the Enjoyer will enjoy me.

You talk about it being a burden, but the only burden thing in a gursikhs life is the separation from his lord. The bana is like the brides dress and the gursikh is waiting for that day to reunite with the creator of this world.

Dn ipr nyhu Gxw ris pRIiq dieAwlw rwm

When the bride enshrines great love for her Husband Lord, He becomes merciful, and loves her in return.

The more love we show to our lord the more he will show mercy on us. By wearing bana, waking up amritwela (around 2am), sacrificing his mind and body to the lord, taking amrit, keeping rehit and jaaping naam 24/7 (reciting the lords name WAHEGUROO) one will feel more connected and in love with the lord. The world only sees it as a burden because they have not experienced the love, they have failed to realise the true meaning of being at peace.

nwnk ivxu nwvY kwmix Brim BulwxI imil pRIqm suKu pwey ]2]

O Nanak, without the Name, the soul-bride wanders around, deluded by doubt. Meeting her Beloved, she obtains peace. ||2||

We are all soul brides of the lord but the Gurus Sikhs are the only ones that enjoy gods love, because they have the name from Guru Granth Sahib Ji when taking amrit.

Gursikhs who wake up at amritwela (around 2am but daas knows some gurikhs that wake up at 12 or 1am). Who can’t go to sleep because they are anxious to meet the lord, they get together and wait for the love of the lord. One day he will also take us and we wait for that day to come soon, oh mahraj please bless us with your love, we are stuck in this world, if we can’t meet you in this life then kill us.

It’s happy to see that people are getting closer to there religion by looking at other gursikhs. It takes courage and it’s not easy but if we do it for the true reasons then the lord will take us by the arm.

Sorry if daas has said anything wrong then please forgive this kookar, Daas hopes this has answered your question.

Waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fathe!

(the khalsa belongs to waheguroo, the victory also belongs to waheguroo)

Guest H SMETHWICKWALLA!!

I LOVE PWALLA !! d_oh.gif

pwalla has preety much summed everything up

we are all the brides of god and are waiting to reunite with him its like a love story we cannot bare sepration from him.

the baana is a uniform its our nishaani so to speak it makes us stand out just like you have people that belong to a certain type of group e.g skaters and goths etc..

harbhajan singh yogi was asked by a someone once about his baana.

the person said what kind of clothes are they?

and harbhajan singh yogi relpied " these are the clothes of the future"

and this is true they will be a time when some one see's a sikh of the guru they will run to them to help them with their sorrows and problems. we are all sevadaars of akal purakh and to help guide each other by doing sangat to the ultimate truth of naam

like pwalla said meditating on his naam at amrtivela and throught the day is essential it will save mankind and we must enshrine it within our hearts. it is our ego that leads us away from everything. we are led to belive that god is something far away outside us. when infact he dwells in our hearts and this realization dawns upon us only through the practise of the gurus word.

Prayer is power. This power is wonderful. It can do everything for us. We should learn to draw upon it and only then can we experience its great helpfullness

penji if you turn your life over to the care of waheguru he will give u strength.

the power of naam is wonderfull. its practise leads us into divine perfection

BANA (The Khalsa Uniform): Bana is our own flag. Bana is our nishan that states unequivocally who we are. If we have the dress and fashion of a movie star, that makes a statement as to who we are. If we wear the clothes of a beggar, that also tells the world what our status is. And if we wear the bana of the Khalsa, this makes a statement of strength that cannot be ignored by the hardest of hearts. Bana is the image and dress of grace. Bana is the five K's of the Khalsa. Each one of these beautiful accoutrements gives us strength and beauty. Bana is a statement that says, with a look, that I belong to Guru Gobind Singh, and He belongs to me.

I belong to the Khalsa and Khalsa belongs to me as the drop of water forever merges into the ocean.

[Guru Gobind Singh]

If the Khalsa maintains the distinct path,

I shall give them all my strength.

But if the Khalsa leaves this path,

then I will withdraw my recognition.

[Guru Gobind Singh]

fiNALLY SOMEBODYS ANSWERING THE QUESTION!

why should she go and ask the person wearing bana? when theres so many sikhs on here!

there reason some people wear it is because that is our religious dress, ideally we should all wear it. and it is very practical in the sikh way of life. it makes you stand out and represents your religion too

Heera Singh Veer Ji I don't understand why you are so adverse to the idea of wearing Bana all the time. Granted it should not be overemphasised as more important than Naam but the same goes for every other Rehat. It would be inappropriate to wear Western Clothes to an Amrit Sanchar, so they certainly do not qualify as Bana even if wearing Panj Kakkar. Panj Kakkars are extensions (Angs) of the body, Bana is the uniform.

Guest lets go to the source

Let us seek the answers from the original source.

There is no mention of clothes having any significance on the path. There are numerous quotations against regarding the clothes as having any significance. ' Special Clothes' will generate Ego, can be used to confuse, generate a false impression of piety. 'Farida Kale mande kapre'. Clothes have no meaning in the spiritual realm.icty ijn ky kpVy mYly icq kTor jIau ]

Vaheguru